Chapter 9:

Yours, Never Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9:

“I’m confused,” Taeyang stated.

“Me too,” Seunghyun agreed.

Jiyong groaned rubbing his forehead. He worked with a bunch of idiots.

“So you’re dating Hyoyeon again,” Taeyang said slowly. “But for real this time?”

He nodded.

“And,” Seunghyun added dramatically, “she’s going to be working with us at BB Loans?”

He nodded again.

“Great,” Taeyang beamed.

“Why?” Seunghyun questioned.

“Because I’m the boss and I said so,” Jiyong snapped.

“That, and I have connections.”

Pivoting where he was perched on Daesung’s old desk Jiyong spotted their newcomer walking in as she removed her sunglasses and dropped them into her purse. His heart swelled at the way she smirked at the room, like she had always belonged there and was naturally a part of the flow of BB Loans.

Taeyang stood from his desk to greet her while Seunghyun leaned back in his chair like he wasn’t sure of the girl yet. Hyoyeon offered Taeyang a polite smile before she marched across the main office to sit on the couch that was usually used by waiting clients.

“I think that’s really why oppa likes me. My connections and he likes being spoiled,” she teased.

“I believe it,” Taeyang chuckled.

“Shut up and get to work,” Jiyong barked.

“But we’re in a meeting. This is work,” Seunghyun countered.

“Is that what you do here? Gossip about office drama?” Hyoyeon smirked with a cocked brow.

“Feels like it sometimes,” Seunghyun huffed shaking his head.

Jiyong, standing from his perch, folded his arms over his chest as he eyed the girl on the couch. Her smile still cheekily in place. “I’m ending the morning meeting. You two get back to work,” he directed at the men, “and you Miss Gho can join me in my office.”

Taeyang gave a low whistle as Hyoyeon stood from the couch. She giggled while Jiyong glared at him.

Turning on his heel Jiyong made his way into his office, the clack of Hyoyeon’s heels following him into the room. When the door clicked shut behind them Jiyong spun around to face the girl, who was no longer smiling as she stood in the middle of the room. They locked gazes for a moment before Jiyong’s arms unfolded, hands sliding into the pockets of his slacks. Part of him was tempted to cross the room and capture her pink lips with his, yet the boss part of him stayed in control, keeping him in place and collected.

“For now you’ll be my assistant,” he stated gesturing to the coffee table with a tilt of his head. There was a stack of papers waiting to be filed and sorted. “You can start with filing and organization.”

“Alright,” she said casually. “Will that be all Mr. Kwon?” The faint traces of a mischievous smile tugging at her expression.

Dropping his brows Jiyong said, “Don’t push your luck little girl.”

“Oh,” she hummed stepping across the office to get the pile of papers. “Maybe Seora unnie was right. You are a ert,” she snickered.

“Hey! Watch your mouth.”

“Whatever you say oppa.”


 

Working with Hyoyeon around much different than how Jiyong worked before, though he did have to admit he did feel much less stressed with her presence which he never experienced before. Several days passed as she organized filing cabinet after filing cabinet. Jiyong was just getting back form a lunch meeting, expecting to find Hyoyeon done filing, but when he walked into his office he felt like he stepped into a cooler. Glancing towards the couch where the girl was seated Jiyong felt his brows knit together at the small box she was spinning about in her hand. For some reason Jiyong had the feeling that he was in trouble.

“What’s that?” he inquired, slowly closing the door behind him.

“I found it,” she said curling her finger around the pale, white box. Her expressionless mask back in place.

“Where?” he asked stepping over to the couch. His hands slid into his pockets, mouth curiously pursed.

“Bottom drawer of the last filing cabinet. It’s very plain for you,” she commented flatly.

That’s when it hit him what Hyoyeon had found. His gaze widened as he took in the palm-sized jewelry box. He had completely forgotten he had hidden away that ring in his office, he couldn’t keep it at his home where he was prone to taking it out and staring at it with what ifs running through his head. At least at work he was too busy to look at it, and after the years he had completely forgotten about it.

Suddenly Hyoyeon looked away from her hand that held the box and her gaze was unreadable, something that was a terrifying expression on the confident girl. She stood from the couch and forced the box into Jiyong’s hand. His heart sputtered in his chest at her cold touch. They were suppose to be good now, no more misunderstandings with Bambi or Jinjin. Jiyong still couldn’t believe it, but he had definitely moved on from his past with Kwon Yejin and he owed the eye opening experience to Gho Hyoyeon, who was stepping around him to leave his office without another word.

He wasn’t until he heard the click of the doorknob turning that he finally moved from his frozen position. He spun around

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter