Going back to basics just the two of us

A Little Story...

"HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM TELL ME AND STOP DEALING WITH THINGS LIKE YOU'RE JUST SOME RANDOM STREED KID!" ji nearly dropped the glasses he was washing when he heard Ri yelling. 

"for crying out loud----" ji put down the glass before he ends up breaking them on the sink. Patting his hands dry, he followed the source of the commotion and saw seungri huffing and puffing following a midschool boy around the age 14.

"are you even listening to me? Ya! Riyo!" seungri pulled the hand of a boy...ji wanted to ask what on earth was going on but got caught in surprise when he saw riyo's face with a black eye.

"what the hell?" ji stepped forward.

"uncle..." Riyo hid his face while trying to pry his hands off of seungri.

"this idiot here decided to rumble with kids in his school and now look! Not only he got suspended but he had 3 stitches above on the right eye!" Ri hit riyo's head that it looked as if he kid's head it detach from his neck.

"SEUNGRI! DON'T BE TOO ROUGH ON THE KID! HENMUST HAVE SOME REASON WHY HE FOUGHT BACK!" ji rushed towards Ri and grabbed the younger's hand.
 

"let me go!"

"no!!"

" hyung let go! He' not your kid and you don't have any ing say in how I treat and discipline him!" Ri shouted, too infuriated to even filter what just spilled out of his mouth.
 

Ji was stunned, as well as Riyo, knowing that his dad had said a little bit too much.

"fine." ji bit his lips and let go, "I'll let you too be."

Ri quickly felt like slapping his own face, glared at his son... "you better get out of my face now before I start to vent out my frustration on you."
 

"yes dad." Riyo turned away, but paused and watch his uncle ji's back as the older man smoke on the balcony. 

Ri followed the scent of cigarette and spotted ji on the balcony, sliding the door open...he quietly joined the older man. The tension was thick, and Ri felt so stupid to say something too harsh...especially to someone who have shared with him  the burden of rearing a boy who is now entering the turbulent period of adolescence. 

"hyung..." Ri spoke, intently looking at ji for any sign of recognition...nothing came. "Riyo---Riyo got in a fight cause---"

"he's being teased cause people think we're a gay couple or something at that point again?" jiyong took a deep drag...

"yeah..." Ri stepped a little bit closer.
 

"do you want me to move out?" ji asked, “you can have a bachelor life you want, Riyo will not be teased anymore....I will at least know that I'm no longer gonna be in a place where in my opinion in the end doesn't matter." 

"hyung!"

"no seriously, you're right, I'm not even related to Riyo but here I am maybe because blame my frustration for not having my own family that I am 'feeling' like a father too much to Riyo--"

"aish!" Ri pulled the cigarette stick from ji's lips and threw them away. "YOU ARE A FATHER TO HIM."

"no Ri that's not what I heard a few minutes ago..and also each time we fight about Riyo---"

"I---I'm sorry" Ri bowed, ashamed at himself. "I owe you a lot, you know Riyo more than I do....honestly I know Riyo will even choose you over me. It just---it just frustrates me sometimes. We're not moving out, we're a family and I'm really sorry I said those things to you hyung." Ri apologized.

"." ji snide.

"seriously hyung, I'm sorry----you're riyo's second dad..so your opinion matters...I'm sorry...you actually do a ing better job than I do--"

Ji smiled at the compliment.

"you two are closer and I'm jealous you know." Ri poured. "too close I think he got his foul temper from you---"

"what the ?!?" ji laughed. "but the idiot side of getting suspended for fighting back was from your side."
 

"if I accept that the idiotic side was from me..will you forgive me?"

"mmmm...not yet...unless you treat us all out for dinner...THEN I'LL FORGIVE YOU." ji raised his eyebrows, he's been too sick of eating normal food they cook around that he's craving for some fancy meal.

"fine fine..." Ri smiled.

"hey Riyo!!!" ji slid the door open, Riyo stepped outside his room.

"yes uncle?"

"get dressed we're eating out---"

"alright!! Wait..can I wear my LV shades to hide this?" Riyo pointed at his Blake eye...

"I guess so." ji smiled as puts his pack down.

"GREAT!ah no wait my green pleated polo is not yet washed! Argh! It goes well with that..wait maybe I can use the hat uncle gave me---" Riyo excitedly walk back to his room while he continue to ponder what clothe he should use.

"and that fashion savvy side---came from me!" Ri smirked.

"you wish." ji rolled his eyes.

============

"i'm sorry!!! But--but!!!" Ri slammed his bag on the couch and dropped his weight on it...he started rubbing the bridge of his nose, a migraine seems to be coming.

"Ri, you---you can't blame the Kid..." ji closes the door and put the car keys back to the box beside the kitchen counter. "I am disappointed too but----but we can't do anything about it."

"we sent him to USA to study...when I said knock 'their' asses off...I MEANT THE DEAN AND TEACHERS NOT HIS ING GIRLFRIEND! Who I have not even met more than twice!"

"I met her a lot already---"

"rub it in ji!" seungri threw the throw pillow and successfully hit ji on the face.

"you're overreacting." jiyong picked up the pillow," Riyo love her, she loves him back...I don't see anything wrong. They're even both Korean so what's wrong?!?"

"they're NOT yet graduates." Ri grabbed the candy bar inside his pocket and started munching on it. Ji just laughed and sat beside, taking ri's hand with the candy bar and help himself by Yakut a bite.

"yeah for just a couple of months...they just have their thesis left...she's a nice girl too anyways and both of them will graduate in two months....I don't see what's wrong." ji continues to munch, Ri rested his head on jiyong's shoulder.

"but...but...but that means he'll get married and he'll move out---"

"so?"

"it'll be just the two of us----"

"so?"

Ri started giggling...

"you're scaring me, one minute you're hysterical and now you're giggling.." ji messed ri's hair.

"sorry." Ri finished what was left of the bar. "it's just that....I suddenly realized, when we were still in bigbang, i never thought we'll be sitting like this at the age of mid50s...me complaining about our kid who suddenly decided to marry someone." Ri started laughing together with a few tears trickling on the side of his eyes.

"yeah..." ji looked at their hands, painfully placed side by side...just 1 inch away, somehow despite living together....he never had the courage to hold ri's hands again...

"I'm sorry I overreact....just a freaked out dad."

"you always overreact, I'm used to it..." ji sighed, closed his eyes as he lays his head against ri's.

Suddenly his eyes opened, surprised as a calluses yet slender fingers entwined with his. He looked at Ri with shock, but Ri was too busy looking at somewhere ji doesn't know where...slowly ji's heart started beating fast as his own finger closes on ri's hands.

"it'll just be the two of us huh..." Ri didn't let go, ji did all his best not to be overwhelm...

"yup...just the two of us."