Chapter 5

King Sejeong and Princess Hana
 
 
** Hana said in one interview that she doesn't like skinship among members, but, when it comes to Sejeong..**
 
 
 
 

:: You are the best ::

 

“Alright, we are here!,” Mr. Song announced the moment he stopped the car inside the car’s porch. The Baek-Kim house was a single family house located in Seoungbuk district, and it's an elite residency area where most of the resident there were wealthy people who worked in various fields.

 

“Thank you, Uncle Song!,” Sejeong thanked him before he got out of the car. He quickly opened the door for the trio, and they thanked Sejeong while getting out of the car. Mr. Song was busy unloading their luggage and backpack from the car’s trunk.

“Thank you, Uncle Song. You don’t have to carry our bag,” Sejeong said.

 

“Wow! Is this really your house, Sejeong ah?,” Mimi asked while her eyes wandering around the house in awe.

 

“No. It’s my parents house, though,” Sejeong casually replied, and Mimi quickly smacked him on his arm while glaring at him.

 

“Ya! Jung Mimi!,” Hana exclaimed while giving her friend a warning stare. Nayoung and Sejeong just chuckled on their girlfriends childish act.

 

“Mimi noona, I’m telling you the truth, though,” Sejeong said.

 

“I know, though,” Mimi replied as she rolled her eyes annoyingly. While they were still in their small bickering and teasing with each other, suddenly they heard the main door being opened, revealing a middle age man who really looked like Sejeong.

 

“Appa!,” Sejeong happily greeted his father and dashed forward to hug him.

 

“Aigoo.. Sejeong ah, you’re here!,” Mr. Baek replied while returning the hug and patted on his son’s back. Nayoung and the two girls watching them while smiling. Sejeong was really close with his stepfather. The father and son then halted the hug.

 

“Annyeong haseyo, Uncle Baek!,” Nayeong greeted Mr. Baek while bowing at him. Mr. Baek walked towards Nayeong and gave him a hug.

 

“Annyeong, Nayoung ah. It’s been awhile since the last time I met you. How are you, son?,” Mr. Baek greeted him back.

 

“I’m good, uncle,” Nayeong replied. Mr. Baek patted on his back before he pulled off the hug. He then shifted his gaze at the two shy girls at the back.

 

“You two must be Mimi and Hana, right?,” Mr. Baek said. The girls was surprised to know that Mr. Baek knows their name. They looked at each other before bowing to him.

 

“Annyeong, Mr. Baek!,” Hana and Mimi greeted in unison.

 

“Annyeong, annyeong! Don’t be surprised, girls, and please call me uncle. Sejeong have already told me that he will bring friends to our house. Sejeong ah, bring the girls luggage to the guest room upstairs, and Nayoung ah, bring your backpack to Sejeong’s room. You still know where his room is, right?,” Mr. Baek said.

 

"Ne, uncle," Nayoung replied as he nodded.

 

“Dae, appa!,” Sejeong replied while grabbing the girls luggage and brought it into the house, followed by Nayoung from the back.

 

“Please come in!,” Mr. Baek said as he invited the girls into the house.

 

 


 

 

“Did Sejeong and his friends has already arrived?,” Mrs. Baek asked while chopping some vegetables. She and Mr. Baek were in a middle of preparing lunch for today.

 

“Yes, and Sejeong was carrying the girls luggage to the guest room,” he replied while wearing his apron back and started to help his wife.

 

“Girls? You didn’t tell me that the friends were the girls?,” Mrs. Baek said in surprised as she stopped chopping the veggies.

 

“Aigoo.. You know, kids nowadays. They wouldn’t tell until we asked them to do so,” Mr. Baek replied as he chuckled.

 

“This is the first time Sejeong bring female friends back to this house. I wonder who they are,” Mrs. Baek said.

 

“His college friends. The girls and their family had just moved to Seoul from abroad, and they didn’t have close friends here. You know how kind-hearted and friendly your son is, right?,” Mr. Baek reasoned.

 

“Yeah, I know,” Mrs. Baek replied with a smile. Sejeong indeed a kind-hearted son of hers. She still remembered, there’s one time when he was in middle-high school, he brought a friend whom his mother had just passed away due to a heart attack. He asked her and his stepfather to let his friend stay at their house temporarily until his friend found a new place to stay which is at his relative's house.

 

 


 

 

“KNOCK! KNOCK!”

 

The two men immediately turned their heads towards the door. They saw Hana and Mimi were at the doorstep of Sejeong’s room.

 

“Can we look at your room?,” Hana asked.

 

“Come in, noona, Mimi noona. Sorry, my room is a bit messy, hehe..,” Sejeong replied as he chuckled. He then got up from the chair and walking towards the girls.

 

“Ya, Kim Sejeong! Your room is so spacious, though. So neat like almost doesn't look like a guy’s room,” Mimi said as she started to wander around the room.

 

“I seldom sleep in here ever since I entered the college. Eomma always tidied up this room for me,” Sejeong replied. Hana then sat on Sejeong’s study desk, and while her eyes wandering around his desk, she saw some old photos of Sejeong when he was small. She saw a photo of her and him were sitting on the bench at her old house. She then took the photo frame and stared at the photo with a smile.

 

“Still remember this photo?,” Sejeong asked while standing next to her. Hana was startled at first with his sudden appearance, but then she nodded smilingly.

 

“Of course I remember, though. I have the same photo like this at home too,” she replied. Sejeong then squatted down, and put his hand on Hana’s lap. He grabbed her hand while glancing at Nayoung and Mimi who were busy playing games on Sejeong’s laptop. He then brought Hana’s hand to his mouth and kissed it gently.

 

“Thank you for coming back into my life, noona. You just don’t know how much I missed you every time I looked at this photo,” he said while caressing her hand. Hana felt fluttered with his words and a sudden affection. She’s so wanted to kiss him, but, it will lower her pride as she doesn’t want to initiate it first. She will wait for the right time.

 

“Sejeong ah! Ask your friends to come to the dining room!,” Mrs. Baek shouted from outside the room.

 

“Dae, eomma!,” Sejeong replied. He then patted on Hana’s hand before he stood up, and walked towards the other couple.

 

“Guys, let’s have a lunch first. Kaja!,” Sejeong said. Nayoung immediately closed the laptop’s lid, and put the laptop on the small desk before he and Mimi got up from the couch. Sejeong walked out of the room first and then followed by the three.

 

“Kids, don’t be shy. Just eat until your stomach full. Me and your auntie here cook all these for you,” Mr. Baek said after the four took their respective seats.

 

“Thank you, uncle, auntie!,” Nayoung, Mimi and Hana thanked them in unison.

 

“Don’t mention, and enjoy your food, okay?,” Mrs. Baek replied smilingly.

 

“Dae! Jalmukesumneda!,” they said in unison and started to eat the food.

 

“Wah! I really missed eating eomma’s kimchi jigae,” Sejeong said as he continued slurping the soup.

 

“Eat as much as you can, arasso? I will cook it for you again before you going back to the hostel,” Mrs. Baek replied.

 

“How about appa’s bulgogi? Don’t you miss eating it?,” Mr. Baek said while pouting.

 

“Appa! Please don’t do that in front of my friend here,” Sejeong whining in embarrassment. The three just chuckled on father and son antics. Mr. Baek laughed as he likes to tease his son.

 

“Just ignore them, kids. Hana ya, don’t be shy, okay? Just eat your food like at your own home, arasso?,” Mrs. Baek said to Hana.

 

“Dae, auntie,” Hana replied as she smiled shyly. Sejeong just giggled while watching his girlfriend acting shyly in front of his parents. While the two, Nayoung and Mimi keep on eating the food without any hindrance.

 

“Nayoung, Mimi, do you want to add your rice?,” Mrs. Baek asked.

 

“D-dae, auntie,” Nayoung shyly replied, followed by Mimi. Sejeong just chuckled with his friends acting shyly in front of his parents when eating.

 

“Ya! Why are you suddenly acting shyly like a girl, huh? You’re not like this when the last time you ate at my house,” Sejeong said teasingly to Nayoung.

 

“Aishh.. This big mouth kid!,” Nayoung grunted while glaring at him. The rest just laughing at the two friend antics.

 

 


 

 

“It’s okay you two. Just go to the living room and rest. You are our guests here,” Mrs. Baek said to Hana and Mimi when the girls offering their help to wash the dishes.

 

“Please let us help you, auntie. You have already cooked delicious food for us. We should do that for you,” Mimi said as she insists.

 

“Arasso, if you said so. Thank you so much, girls. Sejeong is so lucky to have a kind-hearted friends like you two,” Mrs. Baek replied as she smiled.

 

“Sejeong is a great friend too, auntie,” Hana said as she smiled. ‘And, a great boyfriend too,” she thought.

 

“Oh, yes! Speaking of that, Sejeong told me that one of you is our old neighbour’s daughter, is that right?,” Mrs. Baek asked. Mimi then pointed her finger at Hana. “Hana, is that you?,” she asked Hana.

 

“Dae, auntie,” Hana replied shyly. Mrs. Baek cupped , and leaned forward to hug her.

 

“Aigoo.. It’s good to see you again, Hana ya! Your eomma and me used to be a good friend when you was small, you know! After your family moved to London, I never heard any news from her. I wondered whether your family still stayed there, or has already moved back to Seoul. What a small world, right?,” Mrs. Baek said as she pulled of the hug.

 

“Dae, auntie. Eomma said she had lost your home address. That’s why she couldn’t contact you after we moved to London,” Hana replied.

 

“So, your family finally moved back to Seoul, right?,” Mrs. Baek asked.

 

“Dae, auntie. Appa has been promoted to be as a head of his old department at the headquarters here, and the post was permanent,” Hana replied.

 

“It’s good to hear that, though. Don’t forget to give me your phone number later, arasso? I want to talk to my old friend and visit her later,” Mrs. Baek said.

 

“Dae, auntie,” Hana replied. Mrs. Baek and the girls continued washing the dishes while chatting on random things.

 

 


 

 

“Appa, can we go fishing at Banpo bridge tonight?,” Sejeong asked his father.

 

“Sure you can, son. Appa will drive you there,” Mr. Baek replied. He then suddenly got up from the couch, and heading towards the dining hall where the storeroom was located next to it. A few minutes later, he returned while bringing some fishing rods and its equipment box to the living room.

 

“Wow, Appa jjang! (You’re the best),” Sejeong said while giving him a thumbs up. Mr. Baek just smiled at his son’s words.

 

“Here,” he put the fishing equipment on the floor. “Check its condition, but the last time appa checked it, it’s still okay. Appa and eomma seldom use it because we were too busy with our work at restaurant lately,” Mr. Baek said.

 

“Dae, appa. Ermm, why don’t you and eomma join us for fishing activities tonight?,” Sejeong suggested.

 

“It’s okay, Sejeong ah. Just go with your friends, and enjoy your time there. Appa and eomma want to have some rest at home. Call appa or Mr. Song when you want to going home later, arasso?,” he replied.

 

“Dae, Chef nim!,” Sejeong playfully saluted him. Mr. Baek and Nayoung just laughed at his playfully act.

 

 


 

 

Later on that night

 

“Alright, is everything ready?,” Mr. Baek asked. Sejeong and Nayoung were just finished loading the fishing equipment into the car’s trunk before the two got inside the car.

 

“Ready, appa!,” Sejeong replied.

 

“Okay, kaja!,” Mr. Baek said as he started the car’s engine. “Kids, let’s waving your hands to your auntie before we go,” Mr. Baek said as he waved his hand at his wife first, and then followed by the others. Mrs. Baek waving at them back while watching the car that started moving from the car’s porch until it heading out of the house main gate and disappeared from her sight.

 

“Wow! The view here is so beautiful!,” Nayoung said while his eyes never left from staring at the colorful Banpo bridge. The distance between Baek-Kim residence to the bridge took about fifteen minutes of driving.

 

“Yup. You can see lots of tourist visiting the bridge during weekend,” Mr. Baek replied. He then parked his car at the side of the road. He went out of the car first, followed by Sejeong and the others. Sejeong and Nayoung quickly heading towards the car’s trunk and unloading the fishing equipment and also a picnic basket. Earlier on that afternoon, his mother and the girls made kimbap and tuna sandwich for their dinner tonight.

 

“Alright, kids! I have to go now. Sejeong ah, don’t forget to call Mr. Song to fetch you all if appa already went to bed, arasso?,” Mr. Baek said.

 

“Dae, appa. Drive carefully,” Sejeong replied. Mr. Baek then went inside the car.

 

“Have fun, kids!,” he said while starting the car’s engine, and waving his hand at them before the car slowly leaving the location.

 

“Kaja!,” Sejeong said as he carried the fishing equipment box, while Nayoung carried the fishing rods. The girls carried the picnic basket and mat. Sejeong leads them to the location where he could see some people were already started fishing. He then continued walking until he find the best location for them to fishing while having a night picnic.

 

“Let’s sit here,” he said as he put the fishing equipment box on the bench. The girls started spreading the mat next to the bench which facing the Han river and Banpo bridge.

 

“Ya, it’s really beautiful here,” Nayoung said, still admiring the view of the area.

 

“Yup. I used to fishing and having a picnic here with appa and eomma since I was in a middle school,” Sejeong replied. “Nayoung ah, let’s put the bait first, and then we leave the fishing rod over there,” Sejeong said while pointing at the riverbank which is not far from them.

 

“Arasso. Do you think this is the most suitable place for fishing? Will there be many fish here?,” he asked in curious.

 

“I’m not sure, but we just try our luck tonight, okay?,” Sejeong replied. “Noona, we will put our fishing rod over there,” he said to the girls.

 

“Arasso. Be careful, you two!,” Mimi replied while waving her hand at them. Sejeong and Nayoung started to walk to the riverbank, and after they arrived there, the two began to angling the hook with bait into the river.

 

“Can we put the rod into the holder now?,” Nayoung asked.

 

“Yeah, put it here,” Sejeong replied as he instructed Nayoung to put the holder near the riverbank. After they stuck their respective fishing rods into the holder, they then waited for a minute or two to ensure the line and hook sink into the river.

 

“I hope we are lucky tonight,” Sejeong said to Nayoung. The latter nodded in response.

 

“Kaja! I’m hungry,” Nayoung replied.

 

“Aigoo.. This kid! Always hungry,” Sejeong said as he shook his head.

 

“Ya! We still don’t eat our dinner yet, though,” Nayoung replied in annoyed tone.

 

“Arasso, arasso. Kaja!,” Sejeong said while rolling his eyes and chuckled. The duo then walked towards where the girls were, and their respective girlfriends were busy arranging the food container on the mat.

 

“Mimi noona, just palli feed your boyfriend here. He is hungry like he never ate any food before,” Sejeong teasingly said right after they arrived.

 

“Aiguu.. Come and sit here,” Mimi replied as she patted on the mat next to her.

 

“Aishh..,” Nayoung playfully showing his fist to his friend, and the latter just laughed at him. He then walked towards the mat and sat next to Hana.

 

“What do you want to eat first?,” Hana asked.

 

“Ermm.. kimbap?,” Sejeong replied. Hana then took the kimbap container and handed it him.

 

“Thanks, noona,” he thanked her. Hana just smiled in return. She took a piece of kimbap and put it inside before she put the container back on the mat.

 

“Noona, it’s delicious!,” Sejeong said with his mouth full.

 

“Sejeong ah, just swallow your food first,” Hana scolded him. Sejeong playfully salute her and showed his thumbs up while munching the food. Hana just shook her head while smiling at her childish boyfriend.

 

“Ya! Ya! Kim Sejeong! I think the fish eat my bait!,” Nayoung shouted excitedly while getting up from the mat. Sejeong and Hana immediately looked at Nayoung’s fish rod, and it’s moving left and right.

 

“Nayoung ah, go get your fish, now!,” Sejeong replied as he got up, and the two ran towards the riverbank.

 

“Aigoo.. They just eat their food and running just like that,” Mimi said while shook her head.

 

“Just let them be. It’s their hobby, and nothing can stop them,” Hana replied as she took another piece of kimbap and shoved it inside .

 

“What I mean is, can’t they just walking instead of running? It’s not good for their tummy, though,” Mimi opposed her friend’s opinion.

 

“I know that. But, can you stop their excitement?,” Hana asked.

 

“Well, since he now has a girlfriend,” Mimi replied while smiling sheepishly. Hana just laughed on her silly act.

 

“Well, well, well.. Hello gorgeous! You two look happy having a picnic here,” a sudden gruff voice interrupted. Hana and Mimi startled and immediately turned to look at the source of the voice.

 

“Can we join you two?,” another guy said while slowly approaching them.

 

“Don’t be so rude! We are here with our boyfriend, so just go away before they come,” Mimi warned while glaring at the two unknown guys who seems like trying to harm them. The guys burst out laughing after hearing Mimi’s warning. One of them then jumped on the mat, and sat next to Hana. She looked scared and tried to get up while the guy roughly grabbed her by her shoulder.

 

“You can have fun with us before your boyfriend come. Come on, feed me some food,” the guys said with a smirk.

 

“Let go of her,” a sudden familiar voice said, causing them immediately turned to look at the source of the voice.

 

“S-Sejeong ah!,” Hana cried. Nayoung quickly grabbed Mimi’s hand and the latter then stood behind him while holding his arm tightly. The guy laughed as he lifted his hand from Hana’s shoulder. Hana quickly got up and ran towards Sejeong. Sejeong grabbed her hand, and Hana stood closer behind him.

 

“Ah, so these are the heroes of these chicks, huh?,” the guy said with a smik.

 

“Leave this place before I call a police,” Sejeong said in a strict tone. The guy roar in laughter while the other guy looked rather nervous.

 

“D-dude, let’s get away from here,” the other guy said nervously. The guys then got up from the mat and stood up. He then slowly walked towards Sejeong.

 

“Do you think I’m afraid with your threat, huh?,” he said while grabbing Sejeong by his collar.

 

“Sejeong ah!,” Hana exclaimed in fear.

 

“Hana ssi, go to Nayoung, palli!,” he instructed. Hana was afraid the guy will hurt her boyfriend then still holding his arm tightly. “Hana ssi! I said go!,” Sejeong yelled, causing Hana startled and immediately ran towards Nayoung. The guy roared in laughter once again.

 

“You are not my opponent, kid. Take this!,” the guy said while raising his fist and punched on Sejeong’s face.

 

“Sejeong ah!,” the three of them shouted and before Nayoung rushed towards his friend, Sejeong quickly got up and standing in a boxing position.

 

“You! You have no balls for hitting a kid like me!,” Sejeong said with a smirk. The guy widened his eyes in anger, and was about to launch himself towards Sejeong when he got punch on his face and stomach from him and immediately fell on the ground while groaning in pain.

 

“You.. you b-bastard! Arghhh..,” he roared in anger while wiping his nose that starts bleeding.

 

“I have told you to leave, right? So leave now before I beat you to death,” Sejeong warned. The other guy then rushed towards him and pulled him to get up from the ground.

 

“Y-ya, let’s get away from here,” the other guy nervously said while dragging his injured friend from the place.

 

“Arghh..,” he groaned in pain and frustration while glaring at Sejeong before the two culprit leaving the place.

 

“Sejeong ah!,” Hana ran towards him and hugged him. She cried when she saw Sejeong’s lips was bleeding. Sejeong just smiled while wiping the tears on her cheek with his hand.

 

“Don’t worry, noona. I’m okay. Sorry for yelling at you just now. You know I didn’t mean it, right?,” he said.

 

“Pabo ya! Don’t do like that anymore, arasso? What will happen if he brought a weapon and hurt you badly?,” she said while hitting his arm.

 

“Ouww.. noona..,” Sejeong groaned in pain. Hana panicked and caressed on his arm.

 

“Mianhae,” she apologized for hitting his arm.

 

“Gwenchana, noona,” Sejeong replied as he smiled. “I think we better pack our stuff and go home now,” he said.

 

“But, you still not have eaten your dinner yet,” Hana said worriedly.

 

“Gwenchana, noona. I will continue eating at home. I’m worried about our safety here,” he said as he pulled off from the hug, and fished out his phone from the pants pocket. He immediately dialed Mr. Song’s number, and asked him to pick them up. He doesn’t want his father to pick him up as he doesn't want to trouble him and made him feel worry. He then grabbed Hana’s wrist and entwined their hands together while walking towards their friend.

 

“Nayoung ah, Mimi noona, gwenchana?,” Sejeong asked the two.

 

“Gwenchana Sejeong ah. We are so worried about you just now. See that? Your lips is bleeding. Sit at the bench there and I will take out the first aid kit to treat your bleeding lips,” Nayoung said.

 

“It’s okay, dude. I will do that at home. I have already called Uncle Song to pick us up. It’s not safe to stay here anymore. I’m worried about our safety. Let’s pack our stuff and we can go home now,” Sejeong replied.

 

“Aishh.. This stubborn kid! Hana noona, make sure you treat his bleeding lips, arasso? He don’t want to listen to me nowadays since he has a girlfriend,” Nayoung said teasingly.

 

“Arasso, Nayoung ssi!,” Hana replied with a smile.

 

They then start packing things and once they're done, they sat on the bench while waiting for Mr. Song to arrive to pick them up.

 

 


 

 

Sejeong felt relieved to know that his parents were already went to bed. Otherwise, they will interrogate him about the incident that happened to him earlier, and will ready to take any actions for those who harmed him. They indeed an overprotective parents as Sejeong was their only child.

 

“Thank you, Uncle Song for not telling appa about this,” Sejeong said right after they arrived safely at home.

 

“Don’t mention, Sejeong ah. I know them well, so you don’t have to worry. Just go treat your injured lips, and don’t forget to eat your dinner, arasso?,” Mr. Song replied as he patted on Sejeong’s shoulder.

 

“Dae, uncle,” he said. They began to unloading the stuff from the car’s trunk, and brought them inside the house.

“Nayoung ah, go wash up first. I will put all these stuff back into the storeroom,” Sejeong said to Nayoung.

 

“Arasso. Don’t force yourself. Just put those stuff and we can arrange it back on tomorrow,” Nayoung replied.

 

“Okay, dude,” Sejeong said as he proceeded walking towards the storeroom. The girls went straight to the kitchen to put back the picnic basket and washing the food containers and utensils.

 

“Mimi ah, just go wash up first. I will put these food containers and utensils back into the cabinet,” Hana said.

 

“Arasso. I will call you once I finished,” Mimi replied as she wiped her wet hands with the kitchen towel and proceeded to walk out of the kitchen. After she had done with her work, she then went out of the kitchen and walked towards the storeroom to check on Sejeong.

 

“Do you want me to help you?,” Hana asked. Her sudden appearance made Sejeong startled and he immediately shook his head.

 

“Gwenchana, noona. I just need to put these fishing rods back into its place,” Sejeong replied as he smiled. While was busy putting the fishing rods, he felt a pair of arms slowly wrapping around his waist, and a warmth feeling seeping through his body and heart.

 

“Waeyo?,” he asked as he immediately stopped his work and turned around to face his girlfriend. Hana just shook her head and hugged him.

 

“What would I do without you? If you didn’t come on the right time, I don’t know what will happen to us,” she said sadly. Sejeong just smiled and returned the hug.

 

“I will do whatever I can to protect you and Mimi noona. Even if I have to hurt myself. Your safety are most important to us,” Sejeong earnestly replied. Hana then lifted her head, and looking straight into Sejeong’s eyes.

 

“You know that you’re the best, Sejeong ah. I have made a right decision to fall in love with you. I love you,” she said.

 

“I love you more,” he replied, and with that, he leaned his face closer to her, and kissed her lips. Hana slowly closed her eyes, and opened to return the kiss. They shared their first kiss for the very first time, and when they were so into the kisses…

 

“Oh my God!,”