Questions, Answers, and Rules.

When You Give An Alien A Cookie

Her head was still leaning on Ljoe's head; the sound of his beating chest was calming her nerves. Chae Ri shyly stood up, while Ljoe sat down on the edge of the sidewalk.

 

"Alien's only cry when they feel an intense physical pain." He looked up at her.

 

"... I'm going home." Chae Ri mumbled awkwardly. Her heart was slowly warming up to him.

 

Ljoe followed closely behind, eyeing her weirdly. They walked awkwardly in silence. When they arrived at her apartment, Chae Ri turned around swiftly, startling him.

 

"Wait here." She went inside, and after a while came back out with her wallet clutched into her hand.

 

"What's that?" Ljoe asked curiously.

 

"Just... Follow me." Tilting her head down, she led him to a small old fashioned clothing store around the block.

 

The Ahjumma that runs the small store was just about to close it down for the night, when Chae Ri came running towards her. The Ahjumma jumped up in fright.

 

"You scared me!" She scolded her.

 

"Ahjumma, I’ll only take 10 minutes.” The Ahjumma grunted, but stepped aside to welcome them in. Her eyes reflected delight, as she saw the lean, shirtless, Ljoe trailing behind her. 

 

The left side of Ljoe's lips curved up forming a slight smile any female, any age, won't be able to ignore.

 

The store didn't carry any clothes that were made in the last 10 years. A lot of it was outdated, with cheesy, eye pinching patterns and colors. Even the dense Chae Ri would feel bad for buying such clothes for him.

 

"Do you have anything that will suit him?" The Ahjumma nodded in excitement at Chae Ri's question.

 

"Wait here. My son recently went to the army, so he left behind his clothes." Before Chae Ri had a chance to protest, the Ahjumma skipped out the door.

 

Chae Ri watched Ljoe from the corner of her eye. She was slightly amused at how everything to him was interesting. Picking up a floral purple and pink polo shirt, he waved it in front of her. Chae Ri's eyes twitched from the vibrant color.

 

"I want this one." He grinned.

 

"No." She firmly declined. He would probably be everywhere around her. If she had to look at that shirt one more time, she'd probably burn it. Chae Ri moved down to another shelf of clothing. A white sun hat caught her attention.

 

 

 "Mom used to have the exact same one." She solemnly thought to herself.

 

 

 

"I'm back!~" The Ahjumma ran into the store hauling a huge black duffle bag. She looked like she just ran a whole mile. Seeing how red her face was, Ljoe took a couple of steps back.

 

 

 

"Ahjumma, is it alright to sell your son's clothes?-"

 

"Sell?! Oh no. These are for free! It's just lying around at home, by the time he comes back they won't fit him. I might as well give them to someone who would need them." She shoved passed Chae Ri and extended the huge duffle bag of clothes to Ljoe.

 

"For you~" The Ahjumma's voice suddenly went up 10 pitches higher. Batting her eyelashes at Ljoe, she waited for him to receive it.

 

Ljoe looked hesitantly at Chae Ri, waiting for her to signal him that it was safe to take the object from the weird human. Chae Ri nudged him to grab it. He took the bag from the Ahjumma, and smiled at her awkwardly.

 

The Ahjumma squeezed his arm. "Oh hehehehe. You're really nice and lean." She extended a hand towards Ljoe, trying to plant it on his chest.

 

 

"Time to go! Thank you Ahjumma!" Chae Ri interrupted.

 

Ljoe looked at her with the expression of a little kid who was just saved from being scolded. They bolted out of the store. With Chae Ri leading, they ran back to her apartment. Pausing for a moment to catch her breath, she could not help but let out a laugh.

 

 

"That Ajhumma is crazy. Crazy." She clutched onto her stomach that was hurting from laughing.

 

 

Ljoe smiled at her.

 

 

"What?" Chae Ri asked.

 

 

"Your laugh, I like the way it sounds."

 

 

"Hurry up inside. I got some things to talk to you about." Brushing Ljoe aside, she walked up the stairs and into her apartment. Ljoe dragged the black duffle bag effortlessly up the stairs.

 

 

 

Placing down the duffle bag by the door, Ljoe flopped onto the couch comfortably, while Chae Ri grabbed a dining chair and sat in front of him in an interrogating manner.

 

"I got questions to ask before I allow you to stay in my place. So answer them truthfully." Chae Ri crossed her arms.

 

"Okay." Ljoe leaned back on the couch.

 

 

"First question, why do you look human?"

 

Disbelief flashed on Ljoe's face. "It's not that we Aliens look like humans, it's the other way around. You humans look like Aliens." Not really satisfied with his answer, Chae ri moved on to the next question.

 

"Why did you come to Earth?"

 

"I told you, I lost my memory. I can't remember anything."

 

"Why are you following me? Surely you bumped into many more humans at the beach, why me?"

 

"You gave me a coo-kie" Ljoe thought back on how wonderful the cookie tasted.

 

"What other non-human like things do you do?" She didn't want any more surprises like sticking his finger in her nose, or following her scent home.

 

"Non-human like?"

 

 

"Anything you can do that humans can't?" He still remained to look clueless about the question. Annoyed, she imitated when Ljoe stuck his finger in her nose.

 

 "Humans can't do anything that Aliens do. Enter minds, run faster, mate longer..." He inched an eyebrow up. "Would you to know how Alien's mate?"

 

"Anyways," slowly turning pink, she quickly changed the subject, "Do you turn... green?"

 

"What?!" Ljoe's face stretched out in shock. "Of course not.”

 

"Why don't you go back to your planet and recover there?"

 

"My 'satellite' crashed, and I don't remember how to get back." Again he emphasized the word in a mocking matter.

 

"If it’s not a satellite, what do you call it then?!" She frowned.

 

"Angel" He smirked.

 

 

Chae Ri stared at him blankly.

 

"What?" Ljoe asked.

 

 

"Nothing."

 

Chae Ri hesitantly looked into his searching eyes. She wasn’t afraid of him, but of what he may make her feel. She was afraid to be worthless, to not mean anything to anyone again.

 

 

"Promise me something."  Their eyes met once more, connecting them. "Promise me that you won't leave me until I say you can leave."

 

 

Ljoe leaned forward, their heads only a few inches apart. Startled at how close they got, she abruptly stood up, nearly knocking him over.

 

"Wait here while I make a list of rules." She headed towards her kitchen looking for a pen, and paper.

 

After rummaging through each cabinet she finally found some. Ljoe glanced at her from the couch. He studied how she roughly started writing things down. A smile formed on his face. "This human is kinda cute" He said to himself. Crumpling up a piece of paper, Chae Ri chucked it aside, and started writing again.

 

Once she was satisfied, she got up from the table and made her way to Ljoe.

 

"Here." She extended the list out in front of his face.

 

"I can't really read Human." He shrugged.

 

"I'll read it out to you." Clearing her voice, she waited for Ljoe to have his full attention on her, and not the cookie patterned paper.

 

"1 - You are to never say you are an Alien to another human.

2 - You must never enter my head again.

3 - Eat whatever I feed you.

4 - Don't touch me.

5 - Stop smiling too much.

6 - Clean my apartment every day.

7 - When someone asks of our relationship; You are my friend in need of financial support, that is why you are living with me now.

8 - Don't follow me when I leave the house.

9 - Always wear a shirt.

10 - Don't break the promise."

 

 

He looked at her as if he did not understand a word she said. "Don't say I'm an Alien... You want me, ME, to pretend to be a human?!"

 

"Yes. 1, because people will think you're crazy. 2, because people will think I'm crazy. 3, because the entire world is crazy"

 

 Ljoe shook his head frustratingly. "Eat whatever you feed me? Clean your apartment? Always wear a shirt?!" He sighed heavily. "You're one cruel human."

 

"Understood?"

 

"Understood." Ljoe replied disappointingly.

 

 

"Would it be okay if I kept him by my side forever?" She thought to herself, while she softly smiled at the pouting Ljoe.

 

"Even if this is temporary, just stay by my side as long as you can." She mumbled.

 

"Huh?"

 

 

"Goodnight." Chae Ri walked to her room and shut the door behind her. The pain from her chest from earlier tonight just suddenly disappeared.

 

"Ljoe...." She hated herself for using him as a tool to mend herself.

 

"I... I just don't want to be alone." Her attention shifted to the stars outside her bedroom window. "There's probably someone out there waiting for him... I'm sorry but I don't want to return him"

 

 

 

~~

 

AN: Helloooo! ^___^ Wow 22 subs! *Waves* Thanks for subscribing! I really appreciate it!

Hoped you guys found this chapter alright. It was more of a basis to start things off. 

In the next couple of chapters I'll be introducing another Character who will try to enter Chae Ri's world :').

He'll be completely different from Ljoe's Character, but I hope you guys will root for him as well~

Btw, the quote on the (lame) poster, is later on in the chapters. Just wanted to lure in more readers :'). 

Hmmmm... Yea. That's all ^___________ Thanks for reading! Please comment if you can :3. Oh and drop some cookies for Ljoe, Chae Ri is going insane, all he wants to eat is cookies. Guess he broke one of the rules already.