Have a Courage, Seulgi!

Bear Garden

It was dinner time when Kang Seungyoon observe her sister who just lets out a thousand years worth of sigh. There's only 2 of them in the dining room. Their father, Kang Hodong, is still working in his restaurant. Their oldest brother, Kang Daesung, is now serving in the military. Their adopted older brother, Kang Younghyun a.k.a Young K, is still practicing with his band members. And their youngest brother, Kang Daniel, is camping with his fellow Produce 101 Boy Scouts.

"Seulgi-ah, did you just hit your head or something?"

Seulgi blinking and looking at her fraternal twin. "What? No."

"Then why would you smile at the fish on your table for a minute then frowned and let out a sigh? What were you thinking? Are you alright?"

"Err... Nothing. I'm just tired from dance practice."

Seungyoon squints his eyes, doesn't believe in her excuse. Seulgi looks at Seungyoon nervously. His gaze follow her movement like a hawk. She knows that his brother knows. There's nothing she can hide from him. After all, they've been together since in their mother's belly. She lets out a sigh again then stare at his brother.

"You promise me you won't tell this to anyone, right? Don't say a word about it to anyone or else I'll get angry with you."

Seungyoon smirks, "Have I ever?"

Seulgi smile at his brother, "Never."

She squeezed both of her hands together before finally open up. "Err... Actually I – I think I have a crush on someone...."

Seungyoon grins, "I know."

Seulgi eyes widen with surprised, "Wh- what? You know?? How come?"

"It's obvious. You don’t know how to hide when you are crushing on someone,” Seungyoon chuckled. She would like to call that as a bull because she is certain that she had put a good act, but then she remember how Seungyoon understand her more than anyone.

"So," Seungyoon says, not waiting on her response, "he's someone from the football club, right?" It's more like a statement rather than a question.

"How would you know?" Seulgi curious.

Seungyoon shrugs, "you look awfully interested to football nowadays. You used to hate it when I and Young K watch Premier League on TV but you suddenly asked about football player position."

Seulgi nods, "You right. I think I have a crush on the captain."

"Do you really like him?"

Seulgi thought for a moment, "Yes. I've been approaching him. Come to a place where he goes and so on. We haven't really talk but he's going to graduate soon".

"So," Seungyoon asks, "what are you going to do?"

"I don't know."

Seungyoon raised one of his eyebrows, "how about you confess to him?"

"I can't."

"Why not?"

Seulgi make a troubled expression. "What if... he rejects me?"

Seungyoon snorts, "People said, No Pain No Gain. In order to getwhat you want, you must be willing to take risks and endureannoyances, Seulgi. Why would you get intimidated by a hypothetical situation? It's something that hasn't happened yet. There's a chance that he might reject you but there's also chance that he will accept you, right?"

Seulgi pouts, "You make light of the anxiety we cowards feel."

Seungyoon pats her on the shoulder, "You are my twin sister, so of course you're gorgeous and fabulous, like me. No man will stupid enough to reject you."

Seulgi smiles at her brother. "There was one time I was sure that a boy likes me, then it turns out he likes someone else." She continues, "I felt stupid at that time. How could I feel so confidence? Maybe a little bit disappointed too.  I have a feeling that rejection would feel 100x worse."

"Do you want him to be your boyfriend?"

"Yes. I want to experience having a boyfriend."

Seungyoon smiles at her, a smile that Seulgi admire. People said that her brother's smile is his weapon. Seulgi can't help to agree.

"Then have the courage to pursuit what you really want."

Seulgi sighs, "If I have that courage, I wouldn't be here talking about this with you."

"In order to love, you should not fear rejection. Doesn't matter if the result is good or bad. Don't give up half-way. Don't lose to yourself, Seulgi!"

"I'll try."

"Or, you can just simply introduce yourself first to him and said you admire him or something. If you haven't had the courage to confess."

Seulgi scratches her head which not itchy, "okay."

"Good luck!" Seungyoon says while lifting his empty plate and carry it to the sink.