One

There's no place like home

Baekhyun felt the familiar tug in his stomach and nausea overtook his senses as he fell onto his knees. He had just came back from 2500BC, he shuddered when he thought about the pit of snakes he avoioded by returning home at the last secod, Baekhyun didn't think it was cheating to travel back in time and get some first hand observations for his history paper so that's what he regularly did - besides, how else was he was he supposed to remain top of his class? 

Baekhyun was a time traveller, he could jump between different time periods simply by thinking of the year and place. He discovered his ability during his freshman year of University when he couldn't stop wondering what had actually happened during the French revolution, safe to say he got an A on his paper that week. Instead of using his ability to change the past for a better future, Baekhyun opted to stay hidden and simply observe during his little 'trips', he knew he couldn't interfere with anyone in the past while dressed so modernly. He was playing it safe, and that's how it should stay.

Baekhyun managed to lift his head and saw the time on the clock, 8:56am

", , ," He scrambled up from his position on the floor and started to quickly gather his things. 

His roommate, Jongdae, had his eyes open since he heard a thud from the other side of the room,

"Why are you always on your knees whenever I open my eyes Byun?" He narrowed his eyes but Baekhyun simply brushed the question off with a nervous laugh and an excuse of a 9am lecture. 

Once out of his dorm room Baekhyun started running to the other side of campus, he couldn't be late for another class with Mr. Kim if he wanted to remain in the class at all. He hated medical history from the bottom of his heart but unfortunately, it was required if he wanted to graduate with an Ancient History degree. He was barely looking where he was going, his mind occupied with ways to land perfectly next time he travels to avoid being caught by Jongdae. 

Baekhyun was desperately trying to suppress the nausea he was feeling and he squeezed his eyes shut for a moment before he went running straight into a much larger, harder body. 

He opened his eyes immediately and came face to face with a chest, Baekhyun's breath hitched and his head lowered. He was in no position to fight someone this much bigger than him when he had a lecture that he was now probably late to so the least thing he expected was frantic words of 'I'm so sorry!', 'Are you okay?', 'That was completely my fault!!'

Baekhyun finally looked up when he felt two large hands grip at each of his arms and his face flushed. It just had to be Park Chanyeol.

"Did I knock the words out of you?" Chanyeol looked at him with a teasing smirk but his eyes showed worry. 

"Yes! I'm fine! - Watch where you're going next time you big oaf!" Baekhyun was beyond flustered, he knew being mean to Chanyeol was the worst way of dealing with a crush but he couldn't help it. Everytime he came face to face with him he just wanted to run away, so he fixed his backpack strap and set off running once again. The sad puppy face Chanyeol pulled after Baekhyun's harsh outburst stayed in Baekhyun's mind for the remainder of the day, he didn't even care when he was threatened by Mr. Kim for being late once again.