His Bride (1/3)

His Bride [COMPLETED]

PART 1

 

                 Little Kim Jae Joong was now finally in third grade and for the past two years since he started going to school, he had always liked the same boy. He has this pouty lip that would make you want to kiss them, chubby cheeks that Jae Joong’s dying to pinch with his tiny fingers, eyes with the color of chocolates that just by looking at them you’ll go hungry (with need) and in Jae Joong’s eyes, though this boy he likes was the smartest in their class, he could be as dumb and clumsy as everyone else.
 

                  This little boy that Jae Joongie likes so much is no other than Jung YunHo who got 15 medals during their closing program when they were in second grade while Joongie only had 2 (not that little Jae complained. He was actually very proud of Yunnie and for himself). And Jung YunHo wasn’t only famous in class because he’s smart but also because he’s very handsome too.
 

Girls would always go after him and Jae Joong finds it weird that he’s the only boy in class who would gladly agree to his female classmates that YunHo’s hot. (His best friend, Junsu, thinks that YooChun’s hotter than YunHo and Jae Joong can’t do anything about it since his friend is waaaaay to obsessed with that emo, piano playing kid)
 

                  Little YunHo was also very kind which even made Jae Joong like him more. He would help anyone in class  who doesn’t understand a certain topic and he was so good to everyone around him that Jae Joong thinks YunHo would go straight to heaven with no questions asked.
 

                   There was a time in their English class that Yunnie taught Jae Joong an English word. And it was one of the most precious and greatest moments in Jae’s life that he’ll never ever forget.
 

                   “Do you know what the English term for yeonpil is?”
 

                    Jae Joong pouted and shook his head vigorously having no clue to what YunHo was asking since he was no smarty pants in English.
 

                    Little Yunnie smiled showing his crooked teeth that looks perfect and dazzling in Jae Joong’s eyes. “Actually, it’s pencil, Joongie.”
 

                    “Penshil” Jae Joong repeated and YunHo chuckled amusedly.
 

                    “No, don’t say it like that” the smart kid corrected, “say pen-cil. Pencil, Joongie. Not penshil. Come on, try it”
 

                    Jae Joong tried again and wanting to impress Yunnie even with just saying the word pencil, he took a deep breath and rolled his tongue inside his mouth before saying, “P-Pencil”
 

                    “Very good, Jae Joongie” YunHo gave his classmate a soft pat on the shoulder and smiled widely, “Now you know what the English term for yeonpil is”
 

                   “Yeah! Thanks Yunnie” the pretty boy beamed and as he gave YunHo a big bear and friendly hug he had one brilliant idea in mind.
 

-----*-----*-----*------*-----*-----
 

Ever since the incident in which YunHo taught Jae Joong the word pencil, the pretty young kid decided to do something.
 

Every time that there’s no one around inside their classroom especially during recess and lunch, Jae would go sneak on Yunnie’s desk and he’d take the smart boy’s pencil box. One by one, he’d sharpen every pencil that’s in there (Little YunHo has 5 different colored pencils in which Jae Joong finds really cool) and Jae Joong makes sure to sharpen them beautifully and make the tip of the writing tool as pointy as he could but not that pointy that it’d hurt Yunnie.
 

                And just in time he finishes in sharpening every pencil and he had returned the pencil case back to its proper place, the bell would ring and Jae Joong’s classmates would go flooding back into their classroom. Jae would immediately go to his seat and from the corner of his eyes; he’d observed how YunHo would look so surprised when he opens his pencil box and find that every pencil of his were already sharpened. Jae Joong would giggle to himself and promised that he’d sharpen YunHo’s pencil every day for the rest of his school life.
 

-----*-----*-----*------*-----*-----
 

                Then there was this one day which Jae Joong got so sad. And though he hates to admit it but he has no other choice but to say so. He got sad because of YunHo. Or more precisely, because of what YunHo said.
 

                 Jae Joong was just walking down the hallway and was heading back to their classroom after playing in the playground and was planning to sharpen YunHo’s pencils again before anyone could see him. But he stopped in his tracks when a very familiar voice called out his name.
 

                 “Jae Joongie!!!”
 

                 Little Jae turned around and just what he thought, it was his ever good-looking Yunnie calling for him.
 

                 Little YunHo was catching his breath by the time he was in front of Jae Joong and the pretty young kid thought that Yunnie was about to ran out of breath. The moment YunHo managed to gain his composure back; Jae Joong had already prepared himself to smile.
 

                 “What do you want, Yunnie?”
 

                 “You” Little YunHo began as he stared at Jae solemnly, he hesitated to continue but YunHo willed himself to do so, “When I grow up, I-I’m not going to m-marry you, no matter how you ask m-me to”
 

Jae Joong was stunned. What did Yunnie just say? He will not marry me?

And with those words said, the boy that Jae likes walked off with eyes on the ground.
 

               Jae Joong watched as YunHo’s (despite the fact that he’s the smartest boy of the class) little head slowly disappeared from his sight. And he bit his lip, his little hands clasped together as he continued to stare in haze to the direction where YunHo had walked off to. What he did do wrong? Did he do something to annoy Yunnie? He can’t remember doing anything that might anger his crush.
 

And no, Little Jae Joongie will not cry. He will not.. – damnit!
 

-----*-----*-----*------*-----*-----
 

                In desperation to know if there was really something he did to make YunHo mad at him, Jae Joong asked Changmin for help since Junsu was busy learning the piano with YooChun.
 

                “Jae Joongie” Little Changmin placed a hand on his friend’s shoulder, “Don’t you remember that you beat YunHo when we played sumo?”
 

                “But it was just a game” Jae argued, “I don’t understand why he’d get mad”
 

                 Changmin forced a smile. That the-other-eye-goes-small smile of his that girls in class and even their teacher finds really cute. “It’s something to do with pride, Joongie”
 

                “Pride?” Jae Joong repeated and then, a thought struck him.
 

Maybe, it was really because of pride. He should have just let YunHo won if that’s the case. But how should he know? It wasn’t his fault that when Yunnie touched him he got so thrilled that the next thing he knew, Yunnie was already thrown out of the ring. Ooops!
 

It’s too late to reverse everything and the damage has already been done. And Jae Joongie regretted it. He really did, with all his heart. And now, he could never be YunHo’s bride.
 

“I’m still going to go on sharpening Yunnie’s pencils” Jae Joong decided, a small smile spreading across his lips that made Changmin think of how could YunHo dare reject someone as angelic and kind-hearted like Jae Joong. “After all, I love him”
 

And this time, Joongie willed himself not to cry but tears were threatening to escape his eyes. Changmin patted his back, giving Jae Joong the support that he certainly needs. Oh, poor, poor Joongie.
 

-----*-----*-----*------*-----*-----

 

A/N: Hey~ I've been not posting and updating my fics so this one's kinda like my comeback here in AFF :)) Hope you'll like this~!