Losing minds

CEO chef

"I'm a dead woman" - lblb1996, 26/03/2018 [Monsta x comeback day]



 

“YOUR DAD DID WHAT?!”

“YOUR STEPMOM DID WHAT?!”

Both Kihyun and Wonho were staring at Jooheon with eyes wide open.

“Can you two please calm the down!” Jooheon hissed while noticing a lot of students looking their way. “It’s already terrible enough, okay!”

“Jooheon. What. The. Fack?! Seriously, what the actual fack? Is your stepmom giving you those drugs to your dad so he becomes delusional or what?! Damn, that man lost his mind. Look at your face.” Wonho said while pointing at Jooheon’s cheek.

Jooheon’s hand automatically went to his cheek, which still felt painful. This morning he noticed the blue bruise around the area of his cheekbone. He contemplated to stay home but then realized a certain witch would probably haunt him all day long.  

“Don’t worry. It’s not that bad, doesn’t hurt.” Jooheon lied, he really didn’t want his best friends to be worried about this whole situation. Also, he didn’t want Wonho to get the idea to fight Jooheon’s dad, even though it would be quite entertaining to watch.

“So, how should we stop the marriage? I would marry you but you’re not really my type and even though I love you like a brother, I would probably kill you after five hours of living together.”

“Wow, did you just friendzone me? Auwch!” Jooheon said mockingly, making Wonho burst out in laughter. “But seriously, I marry him and we are going to live together in a month.”

“WHAT?!” The shocked expression came back on Wonho’s face, mouth wide open from the shock while Kihyun started choking on his water.

“Oh gosh, you two are great in not trying to pull attention.” Jooheon said, rolling his eyes at his two friends.

“Now I’m really doubting if you are taking drugs? You want this?”

“Of course ing not, Wonho! But I rather stay with some random guy than staying at home with dad and his witch.”

“But still Jooheon, you’re marrying him. That’s crazy!”

“Listen, I still got lots of time to deal with that. That’s why I need you two with me, because we need to come up with a plan.” But before Jooheon finished his sentence the school bell rang, informing that the last two hours of Wednesday class was starting.

“Let’s meet after school, okay?”  Wonho nodded, his mouth still a little bit open from the shock.

“Sorry, I really need to study my math afternoon in the library. I can’t effort another fail on a test, otherwise I will not even have 1% chance to pass during the exams.” Kihyun said while walking towards the school entrance, away from Wonho and Jooheon who were now looking confusingly at each other. Jooheon suddenly realized how silent Kihyun was, while normally he loved drama and giving advice or making plans.

“I think his mom knows about the drugs.” Wonho sighs.

Jooheon couldn’t help the pain he was feeling in his chest, feeling sad for Kihyun and guilty as hell.

.

 


 

Kihyun was sitting in the library, staring at his math book. He never had much trouble with his tests at school, but mathematics was the only exception. It always took a while for Kihyun to understand how to solve a question and mostly when he passed it, it was because he learnt everything by heart, not because he understood. But he never struggled that much with math as this year, in his god damn last year of high school. And failing at math could make him redo his year, considering it was one of his major courses.

Then why the heck did you choose it Kihyun?! Because he had to! He was good in all his major courses except math, and at the high level of his study field he could not choose for fewer hours of math so Kihyun thought it would be alright to get through considering he didn’t struggle with the other courses.

But he was barely getting through it, and even though he still had high scores, the time he spent on learning math affected his concentration on the other courses. Kihyun had so many deadlines but always ended up finishing them last-minute and late at night because he wasted so much time on math.  And it really demotivated Kihyun because he felt like all his efforts were just a waste. His math got a little better but he still failed most of the time. He tried studying with Wonho and Jooheon but even they lost their patience when they had to explain everything over and over again.

But right now Kihyun was even more pressured to do good. Yesterday his mother came home after work and wanted to talk to him. She looked really stressed out and started crying even before she said anything. It was a topic Kihyun tried to avoid all the time, at all costs. He didn’t even talk about it with Wonho and Jooheon. He hated that specific topic and the past memories about it so, so much.

Drugs.

It happened two years ago, when a new girl came to his high school, Hyuna. To Kihyun she was perfect and his life became thousand times better when she started to hang out with him. Even though Hyuna looked super girly and hot, her character was relaxed and she was definitely not a dramaqueen. Even Wonho and Jooheon liked to hang around with her, until a certain moment. And it was that moment Kihyun should’ve listened to his best friends and should’ve stopped hanging around with Hyuna, just like Wonho and Jooheon did.

But Kihyun was so mesmerized by Hyuna’s beauty that he couldn’t see clear anymore. Kihyun just turned 16 years old and started to go out a few times a month with Jooheon and Wonho. Hyuna was one year older than Kihyun and already started partying when she was 14 years old. Before Kihyun knew it he went out every weekend on Friday and Saturday. He came home around the time his parents had breakfast and they started having multiple discussions and fights. But things got worse, way worse. Hyuna loved to experiment on stuff, not only mixing drinks but also smoking and trying out different kind of drugs. “Kihyun, how the hell do you want to survive until the morning? That ain’t possible with alcohol. Take this, it will help, trust me.” Kihyun could still imagine it vividly, her smile, the way her body moved to the music, how her eyes twinkled when she looked at him.

Kihyun thought he met an angel but he realized too late that he had ended up in hell. He started to use drugs more frequently and stayed at Hyuna’s apartment during weekends because he couldn’t handle his parents nagging him anymore. Hyuna was Kihyun’s dreamwife, she was his first lover and Kihyun felt like she would be in his life forever.

He was wrong. In every way, she was not his even though they shared multiple laughs, kisses and intimate moments. Hyuna was not his, and it took a while for Kihyun to realize she was never his to begin with. But he was such a fool, so naïve. By the time it was summer break Hyuna left to visit her parents but truth is that she never came back. She had only been in Kihyun’s life for six months but Kihyun felt like he lost one of the most important things in his life.

It broke his heart, everything shattered into little pieces. Kihyun felt so depressed and lonely, he found comfort in partying… and drugs. Lots and lots of it. Kihyun was so drown into his self-pity that he didn’t realize all the people he had hurt. Jooheon and Wonho who didn’t talk to him anymore because Kihyun had let them down, his dad who cried in front of him and the many hysterical outburst from his mother who couldn’t handle the situation.

Kihyun started to gain a little more brain when Jooheon had beaten the out if him. He never saw Jooheon that furious, but Kihyun was even more shocked to see Jooheon cry after they laid on the ground, bleeding and in pain. Wonho may seem much tougher than everyone, but he was a real crybaby. Jooheon on the other hand was the total opposite, most of the time his face was serious and hard to read, he did smile a lot when hanging out with his best friends, but he nearly got angry or sad in front of people. They talked a lot that night and Jooheon made him realize how much he was hurting other people.

Kihyun never took drugs after that, ever again. But yesterday evening his mom came home and got furious and hysterical at Kihyun. He didn’t understand because it was impossible to talk to his mother, but today he heard how Jooheon’s stepmom scammed him by hiding drugs in his room. And probably Jooheon’s dad told Kihyun’s mom about it.

Of course it was all lies! Kihyun hadn’t touched anything since Jooheon had beaten him and Kihyun realized what he had done. But he understood his mom being all paranoid about it.

Focus back on your math Kihyun! Talk it out with mom later, tell her about the marriage.

Kihyun tried to solve math equations but failed miserably, he only had the correct answers and whatever he tried he never got the right outcome. He really started to lose his mind.

“You’re doing it all wrong.” Kihyun got startled by the unexpected voice and books landing on the desk next to him.

“Oh, you are that ner-,” , “euuh, I-I mean, that boy who is one year higher in math.” Kihyun felt blood rush through his cheeks, ashamed that he called the boy by his nickname the people in Kihyun’s year use.

“Yes, I’m the boy-who-is-one-year-younger-than-you-but-studies-math-in-your-year nerd, or you can also just call me Hyungwon.” The boy said softly, considering they were still in a library. He just sat next to Kihyun and opened his books to apparently study some biology. Kihyun minded his own business and started another try to solve his equations… but kept on failing. It made Kihyun so frustrated and he really started to lose his patience.

“Hyungwon, euhm, could you maybe help me with this? I’ll pay for it, please!” Kihyun finally asked after sitting next to Hyungwon for about an hour.

Hyungwon sniggered. “Sure, but I think I know something better. You always go to The Monsta Club on Friday, right? People say you can even skip the line to get in because you know the bodyguards. I mean I try to get in for weeks now, but I never get in because it’s too crowded. My friends are not even trying anymore, and most of them don’t even like clubbing.”

Kihyun didn’t need to think twice about it.

“Deal! We’ll go party this Friday, Hyungwon.”

 


 

Minhyuk looked next to him, Changkyun was peacefully asleep, still clenched to Minhyuk’s arm. His eyes were a little bit puffy but somehow it made his baby brother look cute. Minhyuk looked at the clock [6:00] and sighed. He somehow was happy that is was Wednesday today, he had to be at the restaurant all day for working on the new monthly menu and for cooking when the restaurant opened at 17:00. The only thing that bothered Minhyuk was that he probably looked like .

Yesterday was terrible, to say the least. Minhyuk’s body and brain just went in shock after hearing he had to marry a stranger. He didn’t wait for Hyunwoo to finish his meeting, Minhyuk just searched for the first bar near the company that was open. He didn’t care it was still morning, he just needed a drink. Well, to be honest, not just one but Minhyuk didn’t count because his mind was not focused on that.

His mind was just blank. Minhyuk just sat there, in the back of the bar, staring at his glass filled with alcohol, his eyes still burning from all the crying he had done.

After a while Minhyuk got startled from a person joining his table.

“I’m shocked to see you drinking so early in the day, I actually am really pissed but considering your appearance I know something went terribly wrong during the conversation between you and dad.”

Minhyuk looked up at his big brother, who looked worried but also slightly irritated. Hyunwoo never drank much, he enjoyed drinking a glass of wine with dinner but despised people who would go crazy every weekend and drank so much they nearly were alive. Probably he also disliked people who drank in the morning, but who wouldn’t.

Suddenly Hyunwoo took Minhyuk’s hand in his, rubbing softly over it with his thumb. “Are you okay? What happened?”

“I won’t stay long at home.” Tears were falling again and Minhyuk got the urge to just scream and smash everything he could grab, he hated feeling like an animal trapped in a cage. But he knew the damage was not worth it, nothing could make this situation less painful and Minhyuk better not make it worse.

Hyunwoo looked with big eyes at his brother. “What? Didn’t I tell you do agree with whatever dad said? I told you I got your back, Minhy-”

Minhyuk looked up, staring angrily at his brother. “I facking did agree. And look what it got me?! Nothing! Facking nothing, Hyunwoo!” Minhyuk brought the glass towards his lips and drank the whole beverage in no time. Hyunwoo just stared at him, confused and not understanding why his little brother wouldn’t stay at home.

Just go for the short, heavy pain Minhyuk! It’s the best for everyone.

“I have to marry someone’s son, and live together with him next month.” The tears stopped, and Minhyuk stood up, took some money that he gave to the waiter and tapped his brother’s shoulder. “Let’s go home. Please.”

Hyunwoo noticed how his brother faltered, and he realized Minhyuk probably drank much more before he arrived. So he stood up as quickly as he could to support his brother and to lead him to his car.

The car ride was silent, Hyunwoo just made one stop to grab the boxes out of Minhyuk’s apartment. Minhyuk didn’t even notice it because he fell asleep on the passenger seat. Hyunwoo was still confused about what his brother said. Marrying a guy? Did dad lost his mind? Hyunwoo was thinking about all the things he could do, maybe he could give Minhyuk money so he could rent a place? But Hyunwoo knew his dad was a dirty player, he would just take everything away from everyone who helped Minhyuk.

It hurt Hyunwoo, his sunshine brother who always tried to make the best out of every situation looked like a broken boy at the bar. His whole face swollen, and staring blankly, eyes that were always filled with sparkles gone cold.

The pain even became worse for Hyunwoo when Changkyun came home and heard the news. The youngest brother immediately started sobbing and became angry about all of it.

When Minhyuk was showering Changkyun approached his older brother.

“Hyunwoo, can you please talk to dad about it? Talk him out of this, you’re the only one who has a slightly better chance at convincing him.” Changkyun said, eyes becoming watery again when talking to Hyunwoo.

“Listen Changkyun, don’t get mad but stay out of this, please. You’re only going to hurt yourself because whatever we try it will never be enough for dad to give in. You know that. My slightly better chance it still not even 1%. Let’s just support Minhyuk in as much as we can without pissing dad off.”

But Changkyun was the one ending up pissed off, pain all over his face. The little brother was not even able to say anything to Hyunwoo, turning around to Minhyuk’s room and slamming the door closed.

Hyunwoo had peace with it, he was still hurt about the whole situation, but it always went like this. His two younger brothers were dreamers and hopers, Hyunwoo was not like that. He was a very sober guy who always had both feet on the ground, he was the older brother that sometimes had to be harsh to teach his brothers how life really worked.

But at that moment Hyunwoo swore, as an older brother,

that he would break

everyone

who would even dare to lay a finger on one of his brothers.

 



 

Hey everyone! *throws The Connect albums* 

Hope ya'll are still alive after certain 7 boys decided to be rude yesterday.... [check mx their new song plss ♥] 

Anyways, as you see this is the first chapter switching between characters, 3 times. It kind of was more of a "filler" chapter, to give some more info about Jooheon and Minhyuk's feelings and about Kihyun's past. As I said, besides Jooheon and Minhyuk, the others will also get some storylines.  

BUT YOU ALL CAN GUESS WHAT COMES NEXT CHAPTER! Curious? 

You'll have to wait!   *mean kissy*