The Company Party (part 2)

CEO chef

“So, what do you do?”

Minhyuk glanced beside him, looking at Jooheon, hoping the latter for once will have the decency to feel empathy and cut off the conversation. But instead he gave Minhyuk a serious stare and whispered ‘tell her’.

“I work in a restaurant, I’m a chef.” Minhyuk kept his head high and tried to be as confident as he could be. But it failed, it always failed because Minhyuk knew he was the embarrassment of the sons of Mr. Im, he knew no one in this business world would be amazed by him being a chef.

And he was right.

Because the lady’s eyes became big and she looked at Jooheon, giving him the are you serious-look. Minhyuk could not get it how an old lady like her could be so immature. Jooheon just kept on standing straight, looking serious and just nodded at the lady. A mean smile appeared on her face and she looked back at Minhyuk, or more specific, she looked down at Minhyuk.

“That’s interesting, I guess.” She showed her teeth through her way too fabricated smile and shifted her attention back at Jooheon. “Well Jooheon, not every person can be perfect. At least he has the looks.” With that the lady wanted to turn around and walk away, Minhyuk looked at the ground and felt heat rushing through his head.

“You’re correct. I mean my husband will know how to take care of me, even when he doesn’t earn much and yours has all the money in the world, but you just have to allow him to the young kitchen maid.”

The lady’s body froze instantly and she turned around slowly, but Minhyuk was pulled away by Jooheon who had grabbed his hand. They made their way to the bar, ordering four shots which they both drowned within a minute, eventually they ended up on the dancefloor.

The music was slow and Jooheon put his arms around Minhyuk waist and pulled him closer. Minhyuk just let him do it, he was actually getting used to all the touching of Jooheon.

“Sweetie, you better act lovey-dovey. People are watching us.” Jooheon whispered in his ear, smiling to make it seem like they’re having fun. Minhyuk just follows and gives a small smile at Jooheon.

“If I got the gossip right she had a thing for your dad. But it’s not her fault your dad has a brain.”

Minhyuk got a little startled by it, he just shrugged and danced with Jooheon. While they were dancing Minhyuk thought back about the older people who were kind of shocked they would get married, and before he knew it he popped the question on his mind. Unable to think before asking Jooheon.

“You’re gay?”

A mockingly laugh escaped Jooheon’s lips and the people dancing close to them turned their heads towards them.

“Oh you silly!” Jooheon said playfully, giving a quick tap on Minhyuk’s buttcheek. He was just putting on an act until all the other people got back to their own business. Once they did, Jooheon looked dangerously at Minhyuk.

“Tell me, do I look facking homophobic to you Minhyuk?”

Minhyuk just looked down at floor, regretting even asking Jooheon something. There was no way to have a normal conversation with his fiancé.

“Listen, I just never really gave a about it.” Minhyuk nodded.

Jooheon sighed annoyingly and pulled Minhyuk closer, their chests touching each other and Jooheon laid his head on Minhyuk’s shoulder.

“You should really act more enthusiastic because people would rather get the idea you’re a five year old getting punished.” Minhyuk just smiled and laid his arms more tight around Jooheon’s shoulders, letting his hands rest on Jooheon’s back.

They kept on dancing in silence and it gave Minhyuk some time to think about what just happened. He was genuinely surprised by Jooheon defending him against the older lady, Minhyuk had no idea how to feel about it. On the other hand, it was clear Jooheon was still an with whom it was impossible to have a conversation with. It made Minhyuk realize they never really had conversations about anything, both didn’t know anything about each other. The only things Minhyuk knew were the dishes Jooheon liked, which he knew because Jooheon would always say if he loved the food Minhyuk made. Jooheon was fond of meat and rice and he loved chicken soup. But there was nothing more, they didn’t share dreams or interests, there was nothing that connected them besides their marriage arrangement contract.

“That woman was a ing . You know why? Because she thought she was allowed to touch you. She’s dumb because little did she know that was impossible.” Minhyuk felt a little warmth in his stomach, somehow feeling like Jooheon protected him and was worried about him. But before he could say anything Jooheon put his lips against Minhyuk’s ear, whispering his words very authoritatively.

“Only I can touch you… In any way possible.”

It made the warmth disappear in one millisecond and Minhyuk felt slightly dizzy, not knowing if the alcohol was taking its toll or Jooheon’s wording that made him feel light in his head.

“W-why are you like this?” It was just a mere whisper and Minhyuk was just hoping Jooheon didn’t hear it, considering the words just left his mouth without Minhyuk being aware of it.

Jooheon smirked. “You better act like you love my words and actions, just all of it, because I’ll be your husband and you’ll be mine. It’s like a play we’ll have to act out for the rest of our lives.”

Minhyuk felt all the energy draining out his body, and he was glad Jooheon was holding him otherwise he would’ve crashed on the floor right now.

That’s as far as it goes for support from Jooheon.

He never expected a forced marriage to be all rainbows and butterflied, but at least he expected a little bit of an easier life as the one he had before. The only thing that changed was the luxury Minhyuk had; his apartment was seven times bigger then the little room he had before, and he finally had all his clothes back, which were not all expensive but all were much better quality then the clothes he could afford when living alone.

But besides luxury there was nothing more, everything was still as cold and lonely as it was before. It was such a torture, Minhyuk even slept in the same bed as Jooheon and there was only loneliness. The situation only became worse when Minhyuk started to feel warmth with every touch he got from Jooheon, which he only interpreted as a survival reflex, like the Stockholm Syndrome.

Even his words made Minhyuk feel less lonely, even though Jooheon’s words were always dominant and cold, sometimes mockingly. But it made Minhyuk feel that at least he was somewhere in someone else’s life, even if he was just an obstacle.

Minhyuk had just hoped that after a while things would be… more tolerant. In a way it was, because Minhyuk knew the way Jooheon chose his words and the way he would tease/mock Minhyuk. Jooheon became more predictable, however, that did not stop Minhyuk’s body from completely shutting down every time Jooheon said or did something.

Minhyuk got snapped from his thoughts when a hand lifted his face up.

“Don’t worry sweetie,” Jooheon’s face came closer, his nose touching Minhyuk’s. “I’ll make sure you’ll love it.”

Electric shivers ran through Minhyuk’s body and his dizziness only became worse.

“I-I need a drink.” Minhyuk wanted to get away from Jooheon, but he was not surprised the latter did not give in that easily.

“Good call! I became quite bored dancing. Let’s drink!”

Not even one minute later Minhyuk sits on a chair and Jooheon is back with drinks, together with Kihyun next to him who looks slightly nervous. When Kihyun meets Minhyuk’s eyes he looks rather regretful.

And so they start drinking shots and beer. Kihyun and Jooheon talk about school and Minhyuk noticed how Jooheon always seems to be calm and cold. There is twinkles in his eyes like usual but nothing more that would give off any warmth. Minhyuk makes a mental note to ask Kihyun if it is usual for Jooheon to act like that, because maybe the latter didn’t want to lose his dominant image in front of Minhyuk.

After that Kihyun shifts his attention to Minhyuk and carefully tries to start a conversation, still anxious if Minhyuk is pissed at him for knowing Jooheon. But Minhyuk is glad Kihyun is talking to him, otherwise he would’ve been sitting there third wheeling. So they talk about work, Kihyun talks to Jooheon about how good Minyuk’s cooking skills are and Jooheon answered with a “I know”. Minhyuk flushes a little bit on his cheeks, he had never been good at taking compliments, and he hates how a grin appears on Jooheon’s face when noticed Minhyuk’s state.

The alcohol does it’s work and they end up laughing and giggling, Kihyun tells lots of anecdotes, sometimes accompanied with a “no don’t tell him that”-whine from Jooheon, but the stories turn out to be funny and entertaining.

The vibe gets killed the moment two others join their table, and all Minhyuk wanted to do was smash a bottle on Wonho’s face when he sees the state his little brother is in.

He would’ve rather had Changkyun looking drugged than this, all flushed and looking like a hot mess. Minhyuk was shooting daggers at Wonho and he noticed how Kihyun and Jooheon did the same.

Changkyun just cleared his throat and sat down.

“Minhyuk, this is Wonho, you probably haven’t met him yet.”

“Oh, I do know who he is,” Minhyuk said quite annoyed, “you still banging people in the locker room after school?”

“Well, depends, does your little brother like it like that?” Wonho shot back.

Changkyun gasped rather loudly and looked shocked at Wonho and Minhyuk. Then he felt a glass in his hand and Jooheon saying; “Here, I think you’ll need it.”

Changkyun gulps the glass down in one go, which earns him a warning gaze from Minhyuk.

“S-sorry.” He stuttered, knowing damn well Minhyuk is not someone to piss off. Jooheon, on the other hand, was quite impressed by Minhyuk’s aura. He had never seen his fiancé this full of fire, but Jooheon always had the feeling there was more than the scared and depressed Minhyuk. It made him that more interesting.

Minhyuk leaned closer to Wonho and Changkyun saw this as a chance to gulp down a shot, hoping his brain would be knocked out soon.

“If you think I will give you the chance to up my brother than you’re wrong, you .” Minhyuk hissed in Wonho’s ear.

“Well, I guess it’s not your choice to make.” Wonho hissed back. Minhyuk’s annoyance now really went through the roof and his whole face was red, eyes filled with fury.

Jooheon sighed, leaning closer to Changkyun. “You really shouldn’t play with the big guys Changkyunie, I mean your brother didn’t have a choice but you must be stupid to give into Wonhoe.” A smirk appeared on Jooheon’s face and Changkyun snapped back, talking soft enough to make sure Kihyun cannot hear him. “Tell me when it’s too hot, I can always throw another drink in your face.”

The smirk falls down Jooheon’s face and a warning flashed in his eyes. “Don’t worry about me little brother, I think you should look to your right and worry about your tomato-red headed brother.” Jooheon winked at Changkyun who turns his face to the other side.

His brother was definitely prepared to kill, and Wonho also seemed like a lion ready to fight for his life. Changkyun glimpsed to his left, towards Kihyun who was biting his underlip and looked rather irritated. Their gazes met and Kihyun stood up abruptly.

“You’re right Changkyun, we should go. Come with me, I’ll bring you home.” With no words Changkyun stood up and made his way towards Kihyun, both said goodbye quickly and walked away, leaving no room for Wonho and Minhyuk their protests.

“Kihyun’s my ride home. !” Wonho gets up quickly, trying to catch up with Changkyun and Kihyun.

“You better keep your hands of buffed !” Minhyuk spits furiously, which made some people turn their heads curiously.

Jooheon sighed. ing heads.

“Keep it down, Minhyuk.” Jooheon gets startled when he receives the most threatening stare he had ever seen, even more surprised who gave the stare.

He realized it may not be the best time to mock and tease Minhyuk, so he just fills a shot and slides it into Mihnyuk’s hand. And again, and again.

Both drank a lot that night, and stumbled into their apartment giggling by their drunken clumsiness.

“Watch you-your step idiot.” Minyuk said laughing tears while smacking Jooheon’s back.

“Eeyyyyy! Don’t do that you idiot. That’s domestic violence!” Jooheon said while pointing his finger at Minhyuk.

“Sorry, daddy.” Minhyuk mockingly said, while slapping Jooheon’s shoulder again.

“Watch it, I can be a good daddy, sweeeeetie!” Jooheon tried to wink but was way too drunk so it more looked like the latter was getting a seizure which made Minhyuk burst into laughter again.

“I’m a child of God! You devil!”

“Wait till I drag you to hell.” And with that Jooheon tries to grab Minhyuk who screeches with pleasure, trying to run away from Jooheon.

They end up lying in bed, both knocked out from all the alcohol and running.

Minhyuk winces from the pain in his head, he opens his eyes which makes his head hurt more and looks at the clock, it’s 14:00. He wanted to roll over in his bed but surprisingly realizes he gets blocked by an obstacle.

The focus on his headache shifted to attention towards his body, and the body against his. Minhyuk felt soft breathing on his back, arms wrapped around his waist and legs pushed against his. Suddenly it was not pain in his head, but his heartbeat.

Minhyuk tried to escape from Jooheon’s grip but even in his sleep the latter was quite strong compared to Minhyuk. Somehow it was weird, because the past days Jooheon had been and biting on his skin, touching Minhyuk lots of times. Minhyuk thought he was getting quite used to it. But it never felt this close, body to body, like they were almost glued to each other.

Minhyuk could feel warmth spreading through his body and he couldn’t keep his breathing down. Everything was out of control.

But it got worse,

it always got worse.

Because against his lower back he felt something rather surprisingly. Minhyuk tried not to focus on that part of Jooheon’s body but it was impossible, Minhyuk could feel Jooheon’s grown throbbing against his back.

 “Jooheon I think we need to get up.” The words came out soft but were filled with panick, Minhyuk started to move, trying to wake up Jooheon or to at least make his grip looser.

It doesn’t work, because Jooheon was still deep asleep. As a matter of fact, the arms squeezed him tighter against Jooheon’s body.

Jooheon rubs his head deeper into Minhyuk’s neck, but Minhyuk really freezes when he feels Jooheon’s grown rubbing against his back.

 “Just a few minutes, Minhyuk, please. You feel so good.”

The words are soft and almost sound innocent, which makes Minhyuk realize Jooheon is hardly awake. But he knows moving will only make things worse.

Minhyuk tries to close his eyes and calm down, hoping Jooheon’s body will just do the same. But he cannot calm down, no matter how hard he tries.

Alarm bells go off in his head and the dizziness comes back.

But the hangover and the dizziness make it hard to have any energy left in Minhyuk’s body or mind.

So he just gives in,

into the warmth spreading all over his body

and into the thoughts wandering through his mind when focusing on Jooheon’s grown.

 



 

Don't ask me what the last part is lol. I will be going through hell when I will be writing  chapters for this story. (Don't ask me when those will come because even I don't know.) 

Side note: Why is writing this sooo much easier than writing for my thesis, maybe I should just start writing it in fanfic-version hahaha, my supervisors would love that *obviously not*