Happy Birthday, Kim Jaejoong.

A Surprising Birthday

Jaejoong was walking at night in the streets of Seoul. His day was going from bad to worse but at least he could walk without being noticed. What a gift. The lights were off and the only thing illuminating it was the closed shops lights.

Groaning a bit because of the cold, he put his hands on his pockets, and kept walking home. He was wearing a bonnet, a leather coat and black jeans.

His fans would never imagine how, while they were surely partying and doing presents for him, he was walking on the streets, feeling lonely and sad.

Why? Why? He didn’t want to get old. Also, he didn’t want to be forgotten. On the next day he would have his 26th birthday (27th Korean birthday), his friends didn’t seem to remember it and even his family was neglecting him. Out of his nine sisters, only one could meet him. Why? That would be the worst birthday ever. Even worse than that one, when he was taking a bath and Changmin decided to run away with all his clothes and he had to get out and look for it. Thankfully, none of other SME groups had seen him.

Jaejoong got home. He landed his bag on the bed and looked at Jiji, which was sleeping in its little bed.

*It would be cool not to have any worries* he thought.

Ever since he and his three friends decided to create JYJ, everything changed for him. He left two good friends, he fought to succeed with his three brothers, and he tried his best to make fans happy and proud. He wanted to be the kind of idol who was a source of happiness and strength to his fans. He wanted them to look at him and feel proud of being his fans.

Jaejoong took out his clothes and went to bath. Just an hour left to his birthday. And no one called him or made an early party yet. They always used to do it together.

He wrapped the towel on his waist, letting the water slip through his body. Looking at the mirror for the tenth time, he still couldn’t understand what was so good about him. He was just a man, and a man without friends on that moment. He shrugged and decided not to think about it anymore. He would have a drink and then sleep.

The problem was, it was more than just a drink. A glass turned into another, and then a few more… in the end, Jaejoong didn’t have any strength left to get up so he overslept on the sofa.

 

“Everything is ready?” Junsu said, looking everywhere to check on the details.

Junsu was really impatient and that made Yoochun laugh.

“You’re acting like a little kid, junsu. We still have a long way to go. Oh, by the way, you didn’t forget to invite Wang Ji Hye, right?”

Yoochun sighed when he confirmed his feeling. Junsu had forgotten about it. He didn’t even know what he was thinking about giving such a mission for Junsu to handle.

“I-I’m sorry, Yoochun ah. i..”

“It’s ok” Yoochun sighed. “, let’s just get this finished, we’ll talk later”

Junsu smirked *Later I will not be here, haha*

Yoochun seemed to read Junsu’s mind because he just added “And don’t even think about running away.”

“How did you-“

“I know you too well” Yoochun interrupted Junsu and then went to speak with the rest of people who was organising the hotel.

They were planning a big birthday party to Jaejoong. What they didn’t know was that they were doing their best to a person who was drunk and planning to play voodoo with them.

Jaejoong woke up and looked around. Was he in a bar? But he didn’t remember to go so why there were so many bot- Oh, that’s right. He has been drinking at home. When was he going to let go of that habit, he didn’t know.

He checked his messages but he didn’t have any. Also, not even his fans had congratulated him on twitter.

*Not even them* Jaejoong wanted to drink again. Not even his fans remembered his birthday.

Jaejoong turned the computer off and started to clean the living room. If he wasn’t so upset, he could have checked Junsu’s twitter. Junsu was so impatient and tired of secrets - maybe a bit jealous too - that decided to tweet for everybody to see:

“Tomorrow it will be Jaejoong’s birthday. Don’t congratulate him. Surprise.”

Luckily, Jaejoong didn’t notice it but that didn’t stop Yoochun from trying to beat Junsu up later.

Jaejoong cleaned everything and decided to prepare lunch. It was too late to eat breakfast anyway.

When he opened the fridge, he closed it immediately after. It was his birthday, why would he be the one cooking?

He dialled Junsu’s number, praying him to pick up the phone.

After two attempts, he finally answered the phone.

“Yoboseyo?” Jaejoong spoke first.

“N… Ne. Jaejoong ah?” Jaejoong frowned on how surprised Junsu seemed. Didn’t he look at the I.D. first?

“Junsu ah… Today, do you want to have lunch with me?”

Silence.

“Junsu ah!”

“I can’t, hyung… I need to take care of some things.”

“Can’t you do it later? What kind of things?” Jaejoong insisted.

“Ne…. Familiar things”

“What?”

He heard Junsu sighing from the other side. “I… I need to take care of my nephew.”

“Oh, is that true?”

“Yes... I’m sorry, hyung. Call Yoochun, maybe he’s free.”

 He hung up.



“Idiot!” Yoochun poked Junsu.

“WHAT? Stop hitting me!” Junsu got angry. “Why did you poke me?”

“You told Jaejoong you’d be taking care of your nephew”

“So what?” Junsu didn’t understand.

“How is it that the last time I saw Junho was two days ago and he was single and had no kids?!”

Junsu still didn’t understand. “Are you a pabo, Yoochun? Why would my brother have kids on his age?”

“SO WHY DID YOU TELL JAEJOONG YOU HAD A NEPHEW? You have none, pabo!”

Junsu kept quiet. After a while, he burst out laughing. He pressed his tummy, laughing his heart off. “I s-said it? I was pretty nervous… But he didn’t noti- Oh, it’s calling, it must be Jaejoong.”

Yoochun looked at the ID. “It is. Now I’ll tell him I need to take care of my daughter.”

“He’s not an idiot, hyung. He won’t fall for it again.”

Yoochun picked up the phone. “Yoboseyo?”

“Yoochun ah, it’s Jaejoong hyung. Look, are you free? Can you have lunch with me?”

“Hyung, I… Min Jeun is sick, I can’t go out” Yoochun quickly covered Junsu’s mouth so that he couldn’t laugh and be heard.

“Min Jeun?”

“Ne, my daughter, she’s sick, I need to stay here. I’m sorry, hyung”.

“Okay” he heard Jaejoong sighing. “See you tomorrow”

“Bye”.

Junsu was surprised “He believed??”

“Duh, I’m an actor, remember?”

They laughed.



Jaejoong just turned off his phone after calling a lot of people. All of them denied it, and Jaejoong decided to order a pizza and eat it by himself. He didn’t even pay attention to his friend’s excuses, he had been expecting it.

He ate it and put a movie to watch. When he was finally enjoying it, thirty minutes later, his home phone rang.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Yah, why did you turn off your phone?” Yoochun’s voice could be heard.

“Bec-”

“It doesn’t matter. Come here, it’s an emergency!” Yoochun asked and hung up.

*What the… He says it’s an emergency but he doesn’t even say the address and what happened.*

His questions were answered when the phone rang again. His manager explained him everything and offered him a ride.

“How are you, Jaejoong sshi? You seem a bit lost.”

“I’m… fine. Thank you.”

“Oh… Okay” His manager said and kept driving.



When they reached the hotel, the manager told him to enter and go to the restaurant zone and left. He didn’t want to bear with Jaejoong’s questionable look.

Jaejoong asked the receptionist the direction and opened the restaurant’s door.

Weird… It was still sunny outside, so why was everything dark? He walked a bit but was a bit scared. Not even a sound could be heard… Until someone sneezed and made Jaejoong jump on surprise.

“Who are you?” He spoke in fear.

But he didn’t need any answer because the lights were suddenly and he saw his family and friends all together, smiling at him.
He stepped back a bit and looked at them, still in shock. He didn’t even react when his mom brought a cake near him and everybody started to sing.

 
“saengil chukhahamnida
saengil chukhahamnida
sarangha-neun Kim Jaejoong
saengil chukhahamnida” 

 

Everybody clapped while Jaejoong was still frozen on the same place.

“Happy Birthday” All went to congratulate him and he soon started to wake up. His friends, his family didn’t forget him. No, they prepared an amazing party for him instead.

Jaejoong smiled and bowed to each one of them, thanking. When Junsu and Yoochun approached him, Jaejoong didn’t bow. He just hit them and then hugged them tight.

“Thank you, guys. I love you.”

Junsu stepped back really quickly. “Yuck, hyung, don’t say those kinds of things…”

Jaejoong looked at Yoochun and Yoochun smiled. Together, they yelled “I LOVE KIM JUNSU! JUNSU, SARANGHAE!”

Junsu ran away as if he was being chased and all laughed.

“Thank you so much!” he said, after they cut the cake. The cake was pretty simple, it was a chocolate cake with JYJ face printed on it.

“This is just the beginning, hyung.” Junsu said. “Look there!”

Jaejoong looked and saw a huge tv screen in front of the tables. It was starting to air something.

They all sat and started to watch it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


When the videos were over, all clapped again and Jaejoong was tearing. He was so thankful. Fans made this to him, his friends and family did all this to him. And he was coursing them on the day before… He swore to himself that he’d throw away the voodoo dolls.

Jaejoong drank a bit of wine and almost chocked when everybody started to yell “Speech! Speech! Speech!”

He stood up and someone gave him a microphone.

“Thank you so much, from the bottom of my heart. And thinking that yesterday I was coursing at each one of you…” All laughed. “I never expected something like this from you. You all know me, you know the kind of person I am… You turn me into a better person every day. My words are not enough to express my gratitude. Mom, dad, noonas and dongsaengs, thanks for bearing with me and taking care of me.   My friends, my life is not complet without you. My work partners, I learnt a lot from you and I hope we’ll work together more times. Junsu, Yoochun, thanks for being the brothers I never had. I love all of you so much. My debt to you is already huge. Thank you, again.”

Jaejoong bowed and the music started. They danced until night and, after having dinner, Junsu and Yoochun pulled him to the exit. “Let’s go.”

“Where?”

“We’ll have fun by ourselves. Your parents will bring the gifts and letters to your house later”. Junsu explained.

Jaejoong let Junsu and Yoochun guide him and soon he found himself in a karaoke bar.

“Heh? Karaoke?”

“Ne.” Yoochun smiled. “I want to hear you sing. We want to sing together on this special day. Are you with us?”

“Now and forever, Yoochun ah, Junsu ah”

“YAH!” Junsu froze. “Doesn’t it seem like he’s proposing or something? Yuck!”

They laughed. It was great to be at home. But even greater was the fact he was with his best friends.

Jaejoong had his best birthday party ever, thanks to those two guys who were fighting to be the first ones singing. What could he ask more? Oh, right, the right to be the first one trying the karaoke machine.

He stole the controller from Yoochun’s hands and the fun started.

 


 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KIM JAEJOONG <3

 

Hi!!

For him, I wrote my first oneshot. I'm not really good on it but It was decent, I guess. What do you think?

For the first time in a while I'll be able to click on the button "complete". That's cool!

So, what did you think about his small fanfic?

You know how hard is to write letters/speaches? JJ speech xD

Thanks for subscribing and reading! <3