First Night

Married At First Sight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It seems like time moves so fast that she almost didn’t catch his name, though she remembered to repeat his name on her lips. What is it again?

 

Everything moves at a very quick pace when the priest asks if she accepts the man in front of her to be her husband. 

 

The buzzing noises from the crowds distracted her, she saw the movement of his mouth when he said “I will.” And it surprised her how easily he muttered the word and accepted her as his wife. 

 

“Suzy Bae, will you accept this man as your husband, will you honor each other as man and wife for the rest of your lives?” 

 

The brunette swallowed her saliva nervously, still debating inside her head if she did the right thing to marry this man, this stranger and live the rest of her life honoring each other. 

 

Can she see her future with him? With this person? Can she be happy with him? Can she love him? 

 

“I will.” She said at last without answering her own question. Hesitation only makes things worse. 

 

She heard the guest breath in relief and cheers happily. The priest asked to exchange their ring and after that the groom can kiss the bride if they want too. 

 

Suzy put the ring to his finger first, awkwardly touching his hand again. Then he did the same thing, Suzy didn’t have time to inspect the ring but it’s beautiful at first glance. 

 

They stared at each other when the crowds cheered for them to kiss, but Suzy shook her head for no kissing. First, she is embarrassed and second it’s too uncomfortable to kiss a stranger at the first meeting. 

 

Her husband though just shrugged and said, “How about a peck?” And he leaned to kiss her right cheeks and made the guest whistlers in delight. Suzy bit her lip in embarrassment.

 

 

It’s done, it’s over. Her single life was over and now she was someone’s wife. Suddenly, something just shattered inside her. What is it? What is this feeling? 

 

Once the ceremony was done, everyone was invited to their reception hall to enjoy the food. Suzy saw her parents guide the guest and her best friends smiling brightly at her. 

 

When her friends gathered beside her and congratulated them both, they introduced themselves to her husband. Suzy remembered holding Soojung’s arm for support. 

 

She asked her if she was okay. The brunette looked into her best friend's eyes, “I need a moment.” 

 

Her best friend flustered by that and asked if she was okay again. Suzy dismissed her and walked out hastily. 

 

Once she was in her waiting room, the tears she’s holding fell on her cheeks. It feels surreal, she officially married someone she doesn’t know and it’s dawned on her how serious this matter is right now. 

 

Suzy sat on the sofa weakly, her hands shaking. She looked at her reflection in the mirror, she looked miserable. Her makeup smeared. 

 

A soft knock from the door made her look up to the door. Soojung’s head popped out from the door and looked at her worriedly. She smiled weakly and walked inside the room. 

 

“What’s wrong?” She immediately takes the tissues from the dressing table and wipe the smeared makeup up from the bride. 

 

The bride just shook her head weakly in defeat. She grasped her friend's hand and pulled her for a hug, because she needs it the most. “I don’t know, I felt like I just made a mistake.” 

 

“Oh Suzy…” Soojung patted her back gently, trying to calm her friend. “Push all the negatives aside, you don’t know yet if this really a mistake, your husband might be the most wonderful person you ever know.” 

 

She sighed. “I don’t know… it's just that I didn’t feel what I was hoping for. I thought when I saw him something zing might happen.” 

 

“Zing?” Soojung’s left brow rose. “Did you just quote from Hotel transylvania?” She laughed. “You need to stop watching cartoons.” 

 

“Oh shut it… but it’s true I didn’t feel anything at all, I just feel disappointed.” 

 

“Before you said that, you need to know him and his family better first. It’s not fair if you judge him by his appearance and first impression.” Soojung took her hand and rubbed it gently. “Give him a chance first and you will decide from there.” 

 

Suzy nodded weakly, her best friend had a point. Just because she doesn’t feel it now doesn't mean she might not feel it later, the zing moment. 

 

“Okay, you are right. I need to give him a chance first.” She hugged her friend. “Thank you.” 

 

“You’re welcome, so now please clean yourself and get ready for your reception ceremony.” 

 

Suzy smiled and nodded her head again. “Fine,” 

 

 

 

 

Relieved from her mother's face enough said that she has made everyone worried with her long disappearance. Her father just nodded and patted her back but didn’t say anything. 

 

Hyun Sook didn’t comment anything about her daughter's disappearance but instead she asked if she is ready to meet with her in law. 

 

Suzy eyes move towards the way in which her mother points. Suzy’s heart beat fast again as she saw him. Her legal husband, talking with his family maybe. 

 

She took a deep breath and then suddenly a man approached her. He was the photographer, he smiled widely and asked if she was ready for pictures of the bride and the groom. 

 

Wait, she definitely forgot about that. She needs to take pictures with her husband. How can she intimately take pictures with someone she just met? That’s impossible. 

 

Their eyes met, Suzy felt her stomach just doing somersaults. He was s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter