Day 3 of 13

Your Guardian Angel

"Hey guys! Let's go go go!!!!" The stage director ushered the members onto the stage. Eunhyuk lagged behind the rest of the members, feeling tired. Even the concealer did nothing to hide his tired, empty, dark eyes.

"You okay?" Sungmin patted Eunhyuk on the back and walked him to the stage.

The fans cheered when they emerged from the stage. Most of them held signs saying: 'Remember Donghae', 'Always 13', 'Fighting!', 'Donghae, We Miss You!'. The bright lights and cameras hurt Eunhyuk's eyes. The sea of sapphire blue balloons seemed like a blur of moving objects, moving too fast to be seen.

The song started.

너라고 .... 너라고..... 난 너뿐이라고...

Eunhyuk's mic felt heavy in his hand. His legs froze in place, and he forgot the words. He felt as if all his senses left him.

Haha, Hyuk. Don't be like this. Here, let me help.

He felt a hand guide his mic, and the chorus had already started.

오, 난 ! ~ 그 누가 누가 뭐래도 나는 상관없다고
그 누가 누가 욕해도 너만 바라본다고
나 다시 태어난대도 오직 너뿐이라고
째깍째깍 시간이 흘러도 Oh, 난! ~  ~

See? You remember. Let's do this together like we used to.

널 사랑한다 말해도 천 번 만 번 말해도
내 가슴 속 다 불타고 마른 입술 닳도록
나 다시 태어난대도 오직 너뿐이라고
째깍째깍 시간이 흘러도 오! 난!

Eunhyuk looked to his side momentarily, and could easily imagine Donghae smiling right back at him, dancing and singing along.

"Oh, oh only for you. Oh, oh only for you." Eunhyuk smiled.

Always only for you.

Then, Eunhyuk felt the presence leave.

The performance continued on without a single mistake. They thanked their fans and left the stage. Eunhyuk walked back to their dressing room, only to know Donghae was there.

How'd the rest of it go? Eunhyuk could feel Donghae smiling at him. "Thank you." Eunhyuk sat down in the chair. The members began walking in, but Eunhyuk was still only aware of Donghae's presence.

Oh, oh, only for you, Hyuk. Only for you.

And he left for the day. Eunhyuk closed his eyes in satisfaction. He had learned to cherish these last moments for the rest of his life. He wished the 13th day would never come. Ever.

*author's note* the song present in this chapter is called 너라고 , 'It's You'.