Day 2 of 13

Your Guardian Angel

Eunhyuk woke up in Donghae's bed the next afternoon. "What happened?" Eunhyuk ran his fingers through his messed up hair and sighed. He leaned back against the pillows.

Someone knocked on the door.

"Yeah?" Eunhyuk sat up, about to stand up to open the door. Before Eunhyuk could even get out of the bed, Kyuhyun walked into the room, carrying a tray. He set the tray down on Donghae's desk, picked up the cup of tea off it, and handed it to Eunhyuk. "Drink it.... it's good for you." Kyuhyun sat down at the edge of the bed. "Thank you..." Eunhyuk held the lukewarm cup of tea to his lips, drank a sip, and set it back down on the tray.

See? A lot of others care for you. You're loved by all our members, and our fans...

"Donghae?" Eunhyuk turned towards Kyuhyun. "Did you hear that?" he said. Kyuhyun looked up, confused. "No... hyung.. hear what?" "Didn't you just hear Donghae's voice?" Eunhyuk whispered excitedly. "No..." Kyuhyun scrunched his eyebrows together. "Are you okay, Eunhyuk hyung?"

Hyuk-ah.... no one else can hear me. And when you speak to me, you aren't speaking out loud.

"I don't understand." Eunhyuk said to Donghae. Kyuhyun interrupted the silent conversation. "Hyung, I asked if you were alright." Kyuhyun glanced at Eunhyuk worriedly. "Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks for the tea."

Kyuhyun hesitatingly took the tray out of the room, leaving the cup of tea on the table.

Don't mention me to anyone Eunhyuk. They can't see me and they can't hear me. They won't believe you. I only exist to you right now. "But WHY? Why is that?!" Eunhyuk grasped the edges of the blanket.

I can't say Eunhyuk. This is Day 2 already. Only 11 more after today.

"Why only 13 days?! Why not forever?!" Eunhyuk was on the verge of tears again for the 4th day in a row.

Forever is no more..... I'm sorry Eunhyuk. I wish I had never suggested to go to Lotte World. You have no idea how much I want to be by your side in person right now. You have no idea the regrets and the things I had been looking forward to, all with you. Hyuk-ah.......

Donghae's light whispering voice broke off. "Donghae....?" Eunhyuk whispered, afraid he had disappeared already for the day.

Yeah?

"I'm sorry." Eunhyuk sank deeper against the pillows that were propped up against the wall on the bed.

Don't apologize for something you had no control over. Just promise me you'll smile, be happy, and enjoy these days with me. Or... or I'll get mad (:

Eunhyuk smiled. He could still hear the childish tone in Donghae's voice, just the way he remembered it. "I promise." They spent the rest of the day in the room, Eunhyuk listening to Donghae's voice singing:

".....평생을 함께 발맞춰나가
내가 지켜줄게 사랑해요 My love

cause you are so beautiful
날 숨쉬게 하는 건 네 입술 사랑한단 말 oh oh
cause you are so beautiful 내 곁에만 머물러 그댄 나만의"

The day dragged on. Eunhyuk fell asleep to Donghae's melodic voice.

*author's note*
i do realize these chapters are short. i apologize, each one depicts a day with donghae & eunhyuk (: