Chapter 15: Unintended Kiss

In Love With You

After dinner, Jungkook goes back to his room to make sure it’s clean. Since Jimin was coming over for the first time, he wanted to make an impression especially since Jimin knows he likes him.  Heart racing, he paces back and forth, staring at the clock in his room, it was already seven-thirty but Jimin still has not arrived. He checks his phone but there was no message or missed calls from Jimin, they are supposed to meet at seven to work on their art homework, he sighs hoping Jimin did not change his mind. He takes the phone and goes downstairs, his sister was sitting at the table, working on something, he hears the television and walks to the living room. His dad was watching a rerun of a soccer game. His dad looks at him and he takes a seat across from him, staring at the door,

“Are you waiting for someone?” asks his dad. He stares at him, he had completely forgotten to tell his father he was having a friend over,

“Oh,” he says, rubbing his head, “My friend is coming over to do homework.” His dad nods his head, turning back to the television. Jungkook’s eyes peer at the door, mentally preparing himself on how to bring up the subject they were talking about in the car before they got interrupted, my sister. He wants to be straightforward and ask him if he likes him too but the last thing he wants is to pester him or pressure him into responding to his feelings. He sighs, deciding that he will not bring up the subject for, he will let Jimin bring it up first if he ever shows up.

“Aish!” he says, staring at the door,

“Are you okay?” asks his father, Jungkook chuckles staring at his father,

“I’m fine.”

After waiting for an hour, Jungkook goes back to his room and dials Jimin’s number to ask if he was coming or not, hoping that he is just stuck doing something. The phone rings three times and goes to voice. Jungkook sighs, staring at the phone, he texts him a message asking him if he was okay. He sits down on the bed, staring into his phone, he notices the message is read but no reply was sent, Jungkook chuckles, chest tightening, he takes a deep breath and tosses the phone on the bed, the thought of Jimin avoiding him drove him crazy. But he was more confused than angry, Jimin did not react negatively to finding out Jungkook likes him so did something happens that made him change his mind to coming over. Jungkook wonders and hopes that Jimin was not intentionally avoiding him, he peers at the clock, it was already eight o’clock, he sighs.

 

The next day, barely able to get sleep last night, Jungkook laid on his bed, staring at the clock. The door opens,

“Are you going to school?” asks his sister, Jungkook obviously to his sister, keeps staring up at the white ceiling, does this mean he is rejecting me? he wonders, Jimin completely stood him up last night,

“Ya Jungkook!” calls his sister, Jungkook turns to his sister with a blank expression as if his soul had left his body last night, “Are you going to school, if not I’m heading to work?”

“Can I take a sick day?” he replies, “I don’t feel like going to school.” His sister sighs, walking towards the bed, she places her hand on his forehead,

“You don’t have a fever,” she says, “Does something hurt?” Jungkook sighs, wanting to reply his heart is the thing hurting right now. He nods his head,

“I think I have a stomach ache,” he replies. His sister crosses her arm, examining him with her eyes,

“Okay,” she says, “You can home today, I’ll go get something for your stomach.”

“It’s fine,” he says, placing his hand on his stomach, “I’ll take something later, I just want to sleep.” He pulls the blank up to his chest, the thought of seeing Jimin at school after being stood up, made him nauseous and pale enough to fake having the stomach flu. His sister nods her head and heads out, looking at him for a second before closing the door behind her. He sighs, he looks at the clock and closes his eyes.

 

Able to get sleep, Jungkook wakes up to his stomach growling, he looks at the clock, it was already in the afternoon. He sighs, just two more hours until school is over. Still, in his boxers and t-shirt, he heads bathroom. He turns on the faucet, staring into the mirror, wanting to scream and throw a tantrum but with no energy to do either thing, he takes his toothbrush with toothpaste and starts to brush his teeth. He splashes water across his face and wipes it off with a towel. His stomach growls, he heads downstairs, the emptiness in the house made it cooler than it was. His sister is out in an hour, but he was too hungry to wait for her to come home and cook, he opens the fridge, last night’s dinner left over was in the fridge, but he was in the mood. He closes the fridge and takes out a cup of instant noodles from the cabinet.

 

The rest of the day went slowly, Jungkook spent the day between playing video games and sketching in his sketchbook, thinking of reasons why Jimin would not show up and how to approach at school. Should he approach him or ignore him? But that would make him look petty if Jimin had a reason to not show up but with every reason he could come up with, his heart sinks. Deep down he knew all these reasons were just possibilities, but the biggest possibilities are probably that Jimin does not feel the same about him. The night approached slowly, his sister went out with her friends after making dinner and his father was working overtime, so he was alone. He messaged for Yugyeom to come over for a round of a game, so he sat in the living room waiting for him, where he hooked up the console. The doorbell rings and he gets off the couch to go answer.

“What’s up?” says Yugyeom, walking past him,

“Come in,” says Jungkook sarcastically,

“Why were you at school?” asks Yugyeom,

“Long story,” says Jungkook.

They walk to the living room, Yugyeom looks at him,

“Well,” I’m waiting,” he says, sitting down,

“I don’t want to talk about it,” replies Jungkook, tossing him a controller. Yugyeom stares at him silently, he clears his throat,

“Does this have to do with Jimin?” he asks, Jungkook turns to him baffled, wondering if he was that easy to read,

“Why him?” he retorts,

“Cause’ he was absent as well,” replies Yugyeom, “I thought you guys eloped or something.  Jungkook’s eyes widen and mouth,

“Jiminie wasn’t at school?” he asks, Yugyeom nods his head, “Aish, I missed school for no reason!”

“So, what happened between you two?” asks Yugyeom. Jungkook clears his throat, he runs his fingers through his hair,

“Well…um…I kind of told him I have a crush on him.”

“Huh!” shouts Yugyeom, “Already? Then what did he do?”

“Well, we got interrupted before I could ask him if he likes me too, but he did not have a problem with it so I… invited him over to do homework but he never should up,” explains Jungkook, “Then I called him but he didn’t answer then I messaged him, he read it but never replied.”

“Wow,” says Yugyeom, “That dude, so what's going to do?” Jungkook exhales loudly, 

“Well, he obviously doesn’t like me so what I suppose to do,” he replies softly,

“Hmm,” says Yugyeom “I mean he didn’t bluntly reject you like he did that guy last year.”

“What guy?” asks Jungkook, wondering why Yugyeom knew so much about Jimin, was it another rumor?

“Never mind that,” says Yugyeom, “What I’m trying to say is that Jimin is known for rejecting people bluntly, he doesn’t beat around the bush, so if he didn’t like you, he would’ve told you.” Jungkook stares at Yugyeom, suspiciously, “Why are speaking as if you had a personal experience with that?”

“Well, I know someone who asked him out last year, I was there, that’s why I say he is cold-hearted, he turned him down harshly.”

“Oh,” says Jungkook, “I thought you were the one who asked him out.” Yugyeom laughs,

“Not everyone falls for his charms, as good looking as he is,” says Yugyeom, “Anyway, I think he has his reasons for avoiding you, I think you should ask before you give up. If you really like that is.”

“I do,” says Jungkook, “But I don’t want to be rejected either.” Yugyeom laughs, patting his back,

“Welcome to the world of adults, my friend,” he teases, “Fighting!” Jungkook sighs, maybe Yugyeom is right, maybe Jimin was not rejecting him. Maybe he has his own reasons for avoiding Jungkook. If Jimin really was rejecting him it is better to hear it from his mouth, then to sit at home guessing. He is willing to chase him until he gets an honest answer from him even if it is a rejection is better than wondering and making assumptions about his feelings. He turns to Yugyeom,

“Okay,” says Yugyeom, “Is counseling done? Can we play some games?” Jungkook guffs, shaking his head,

“Let’s play,” he says, “Thanks for the free counseling.”

 

Standing with his friends, Jungkook’s eyes scan the hallway for Jimin but he was nowhere to be seen, he hoped to run into him before the first period, but he was not at his lockers. Jungkook starts to wonder if Jimin was skipping school again, hoping that was not the case. He has been thinking about how to approach and he finally decided he was just going, to be honest with him, if he can be blunt with people then it would only be fair for Jungkook to be blunt with him. The more time went by the more nervous Jungkook got about confronting him, Yugyeom stares at him as he can tell what he is thinking. He smiles at Jungkook, giving him a thump up, Jungkook rolls his eyes but smiles. Crystal looks at them confused, they both shrug their shoulders, pretending, she rolls her eyes not giving it any thoughts. The bell rings and Jungkook quickly says bye to his friends and heads to class, eager to see Jimin so he can talk to him but the same time not wanting too. As he approaches his class, he walks hesitantly, he was glad Jimin was absent yesterday which means he does not know Jungkook was absent as well, that is if Rachel did not tell him. He opens the door, taking a deep breath, as soon as he walks in, his eyes went straight to Jimin’s desk, where he is sitting, just like the first day of school with his hand against his cheek, smiling and listening to Rachel. Jungkook sighs and without acknowledging him he walks to his desk, deciding that he was not going to acknowledge him until Jimin apologizes for standing him up without notice. Jungkook puts his backpack on the desk, his heart racing with Jimin sitting only a foot away, wondering why he was turning around and apologizing. He takes out his notebook as the tardy bell rings, and Mrs. Jasmine starts the class by taking attendance. Jungkook’s eyes stare at Jimin, Rachel catches him staring at him, she smiles at him, mouthing hi at him, he smiles back at her, eyes back at Jimin. What the is his problem? He stands me up and then he ignores me. Jungkook guffs, shaking his head as Mrs. Jasmine starts the lecture on the arts of origami.

 

The rest of the class went by slowly for Jungkook, unrest all throughout the class with Jimin ignoring him. Jungkook did catch him glancing over a few times but quickly turns back when Jungkook was about to say something. Jungkook angry and confused did not acknowledge him, not knowing where to start. After the class was over, Jimin was the first one to head out quickly, leaving his friends behind, Rachel, Liam, and Sasha said bye to Jungkook as she quickly races to catch up with Jimin. The other classes were slow as well, Jungkook could not focus, his mind all over the place, angry but trying to keep calm. 

It was lunchtime and he walks towards the cafeteria through the empty hallway, he was the last one to leave class, he was zoning out and did not hear the bell or the teacher dismissing the students. Clenching his backpack and walking with eyes on the tiles, he wonders what he should do? He has never been in this situation before, so he was confused but angry that Jimin ignored him during class, cursing in his mind, he did not want to go to the cafeteria, he walks towards the exit to the rooftop, where he followed Jimin. He sighs and opens the door, his eyes widen, surprised to see Jimin sitting there, leaning against the wall. He clenches his fists, Jimin notices him, he quickly stands up. Jungkook hesitates, wondering if he should just walk away or confront him? They stand there staring at each other silently,

“Jungkook,” says Jimin, breaking the silence. Jungkook closes the door behind him and walks towards him, “What’re you doing here?” Jungkook silently walks closer to him until he was a foot away from him,

“Hyung,” says Jungkook tendering, “Why are you ignoring me?” Jimin silently stares at him, his eyes piercing right through Jungkook’s eyes,

“I don’t want to talk about it,” says Jimin walking past him but Jungkook grabs his wrist stopping him,

“Hyung,” says Jungkook, “We have to talk, did I do something wrong?” Jimin sighs and turns to look at him,

“No, you didn’t do anything,” he says, “I just don’t feel like talking okay.” Jungkook’s walks and stands in front of him, locking eyes with him, not hard or coldly but his anger visible to Jimin, who averts his eyes, staring at anything and everything except Jungkook,

“Hyung,” says Jungkook, “Be straightforward with me, won’t you? don’t act like this if you don’t like me why don’t just tell me. Isn’t that what your good at?” Jimin stares at him hard, frowns scowling, Jungkook sighs, realizing that his words might have been a bit harsh, but they were already said, “Are you mad at me because I told I liked you?” Stilling gripping tightly onto his wrist, but Jimin does not try to get out of his hold, he just stood silently,

“How come you didn’t come over?” continues Jungkook, “Damn it, can you answer me?”

“It has nothing to do with you okay,” says Jimin finally, Jungkook stares at him dumbfounded,

“You ignore me, and it has nothing to do with me?”

“I didn’t come over because I was in a bad mood,” says Jimin, “Why do I have explained myself to everyone?” Jungkook guffs, staring at him, puzzled,

“What the hell are you talking about?” Jimin clenches his mouth, he looks up at Jungkook, biting his lips,

“Just leave me alone,” says Jimin, he tries to wriggle out of Jungkook’s hold but he grips it tighter, “Let go of me.”

“Not until you tell me what the hell is the matter,” says Jungkook. Jimin sighs,

“Why the hell do you care?” Jungkook mouth’s drops open, he snorts, not knowing how to react, wondering what Jimin’s problem is. He exhales and looks straight into Jimin’s eyes,

“Why do I care?” he says, “Because I’m in love with you that’s why.” Jimin’s eyes widen, shocked, Jimin’s mouth opens to say something but nothing comes out, he just stands there staring at Jungkook. Jungkook’s own words left him speechless and in a daze.

“In love?” says Jimin softly, “You’re in love with me?” Jungkook clears his throat, realizing what he has just confessed, his heart pounding against his chest and body warming up, ! He curses himself, now he really is going to run, how can I be so impulsive? ! But he does not regret it, his secret was out in the open, he did not want to confess like this but with Jimin being impossible he could not help it. Both stunned at the words that were spoken, they stare into each other’s eyes. They stand there, no words were spoken as they stare deeply into each other’s eyes, forgetting everything they were discussing, staring at him, Jungkook could not resist, he leans in closer to Jimin, unable to control his thoughts that were going through him. He leans closer, so his forehead can rest against his, he stares at him, Jimin’s eyes scanning his eyes but unable to avert or turn away.

Jungkook gently leans in and kisses Jimin’s warm and tender lips, his smell and taste flooding his senses. Jungkook pulls apart from him, taking shaky, shallow breaths waiting for his reaction, but Jimin’s just stared at him mouth open and eyes widen, no sign of anger or confusion, just surprised. Unable to contain himself, Jungkook holds Jimin’s head in his hands, both closing their eyes, he pulls him into a fiery kiss. To Jungkook’s surprised, Jimin runs his finger’s down his spine, pulling him closer until there was no space left between. Feeling each other’s heartbeat against their chest, Jungkook’s hand rested below his ear, his thumb caressing his Jimin’s cheek as their breath mingled.

Completely unprepared, Jungkook’s mind went blank, he did not anticipate that their argument would end with him kissing Jimin, but he erases his mind with any thought, just wanting to enjoy their first kiss. Wanting to take in every scent of Jimin’s from his flowery cologne to the taste of the sandwich he had just eaten from his lunch. Any reason and explanation going out of his mind, this was more of an answer than anything else Jimin could tell him, he kisses him wanting to know all there is know about his lips, the warmth they emit pressed against his own lips, making his entire body lit on fire.

They broke apart for air, staring into each other’s eyes, breathing heavily as they gather as much needed oxygen, faces flushed. Jimin smirks at him and Jungkook couldn’t help but smile back at him, sinking into his eyes and hold.