So Close (1/1)

So Close (One-shot)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

song link again: https://youtu.be/Ad7ejBn3KSQ

☆ ~ ☆ ~ ☆ ~ ☆ ~ ☆

Jaejoong has always dreamt of a great love like the ones he's read in books and seen in movies. He dreams of having his own happy ending with that one person made just for him. However, that's just exactly what it is, a dream.

He'd known since he was young that one day he is to be wed to a person not of his own choosing. His father had made a promise with his business partner and good friend that their first born children will one day be married to each other. It was the classic agreement between two business men and he’d fallen victim to it as his father’s firstborn. Jaejoong had long accepted this fate of his though and so when the time came ("Son, you're going to meet your fiancé soon. You will get married within the next year."), he simply complied.

When he first met his soon-to-be husband, Jung Yunho, he was just grateful that the man wasn't -for lack of a better word- an . He knows there are many of such in the world of the wealthy that he lives in so he was immensely relieved.

He and Yunho were given a generous amount of time to spend together before the wedding and when he got to know the man, he thought that despite the arrangement, he got lucky, ending up with him. Jaejoong had thought, Who knows, maybe we will learn to love one another. Maybe we'll end up falling for each other.

And fall he did.

Before Jaejoong knew, he'd already fallen deep for his fiancé. He realised this after several months of spending time with the down-to-earth and passionate man that was Yunho. They'd created a mutual bond over those several months so at first he thought that it was simple admiration he'd developed for the man, but Yunho never failed to make him smile and also make his heart beat unusually fast. This made him realise it was something much more than mere admiration.

Jaejoong didn't do anything to stop his growing feelings for the other. He thought that if anything, him falling for Yunho was a good thing. They would be married after all. He'd hoped Yunho might feel the same or that he will learn to love him one day. The thought of living a happy married life filled with love with Yunho put a smile on the beautiful man's face.

However, shortly after his realisation, he was brought back down to reality with a confession from Yunho during one of their times spent together.

"You know, I had a girlfriend before our engagement," Yunho confessed with a sad smile adorning his handsome face, "Her name is Jangmi. She is very intelligent and kind-hearted but she also has this funny and sarcastic side to her. My parents loved her too but in the end, my father knew he had to keep his promise to your father. It broke me when I had to leave her, but I know my responsibilities and duties to my family. Also, I don't think I have it all that bad since you're the one I am marrying. All of this could have been so horrible but it isn't because of you. Thank you, Jaejoong-ah."

Yunho's sad smile turned into a genuine one which made Jaejoong's heart flutter in spite of the lingering ache left by the other's confession. Yunho obviously still loves this woman.

"We will be okay, right? We'll be happy?" The taller man had asked. Before their talk, Jaejoong really thought they could've been alright, maybe even happy. But he wasn't so sure anymore despite the nod he gave in response to the man's queries.

As more time passed, Jaejoong realised he was mistaken when he thought he could pretend that everything was fine and that they'd be okay eventually. There had been times wherein he saw Yunho let his sadness show on his face when he thought no one was looking. It ate away at Jaejoong's conscience. It hurt seeing the man he loves, miserable.

It also didn't help when he met the woman Yunho's in love with. It was at a gala they attended together that they'd chanced upon her.

"Hi, I'm Shim Jangmi. It's nice to meet you," The stunning woman greeted him genuinely even with their situation.

"Likewise. I'm Kim Jaejoong," He responded and shook her hand.

"You have a very beautiful fiancé, Yunho-yah," The woman addressed her ex-boyfriend.

It was apparent that Yunho found the situation a little uncomfortable and he did not expect the statement, so he spluttered and spilled a little of the champagne in his mouth down his suit.

Before Jaejoong could even move to search for a napkin for his fiancé, Jangmi was already pulling out a tissue from her clutch. The woman was immediately by Yunho's side trying to wipe away the wetness on the tall man's clothes.

Jaejoong felt like an intruder to their moment, despite the fact that he was the fiancé. His chest had tightened with hurt as he watched Yunho's ex-lover stand so close to him. And he could've sworn he heard pieces of his heart shatter when his fiancé looked up from his stained shirt, only for his eyes to meet intimately with the woman's.

The blond man knows he would never be able to surpass Shim Jangmi. Just from their short meeting that night, Jaejoong had gathered that she's a very intelligent and kind-hearted person. The woman is without a doubt stunning and she holds herself with grace, but most importantly she owns Yunho's heart.

The closer the arranged couple got to the wedding date, the more Jaejoong thought that he couldn’t bear to marry Yunho when he is in love with someone else. He also came to the realisation that he is simply not happy with his life and that he feels like he is not living, just existing. Despite unexpectedly finding love in Yunho, he is miserable because everything in his life had been predetermined and controlled by his parents.

He carried this heaviness in his heart for a while before he came to a decision. Yunho is too filial to act against their arranged union and their fathers won't break their agreement so he will just have to push through with the plan that has been brewing in his head. He knows that if he is no longer in the picture then Yunho will have a chance at happiness with the one he truly loves.

So for the past month he'd planned and arranged his getaway. He'd written letters to his family and Yunho. His essential belongings are already packed. He is financially prepared to get by before he can find a new job. The family business, he thought, will be better off in the hands of his younger brother anyway. He was also lucky enough to find a good home in a beautiful city of his choosing. He only hopes no one will find him before he wants to be found. He does not plan on being away forever but he doesn’t want to go back if he’s not yet ready, especially since he knows he’ll have to face everyone again, even Yunho who will then only be his ex-fiancé.

So he has everything prepared. He is finally giving himself a chance to find his own happiness and passions in life.

× ~ × ~ ×

It is the night, the last night with him before Jaejoong lets go. He has chosen to wear the best suit he could find, and he wants to think that he took the time to look his best only for himself but he knows that's simply a lie. He wants to look his best for Yunho as well.

He enters the venue of the social function and while walking in, he greets several familiar faces with ease. He's been attending fancy events and social gatherings since he was a kid, so he has definitely perfected the art of socialising with anyone and everyone.

He stops to scan the grand hall and his heart starts to beat a little faster when he finds the person he is looking for. No matter how many times he's seen Yunho all cleaned up in a suit, it just never fails to take his breath away.

He takes a moment to admire the tall handsome figure before moving his way toward the man. A smile naturally makes its way on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter