Chapter II

Sincerely Yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A friend you can't unfriend.

 

"Kim-" Oh no. Not that Kim...

"Ji Eun-ah!"  A voice reaches our ears, keeping her from going on.

"Hey! Why did you take so long to come?" Ji Eun turns her head towards the three students heading to the table we're sitting at.

"We had to wait for Hye Joo, this girl had a lot to do in the toilets right?" The male student between the two other girls elbows the one on his left with a cheeky smile.

"Wh-What do you mean?! Really Myung Soo!" She pouts while the male student cutely giggles. The three of them sit at the table and stop their conversation as soon as they notice a new face next to them.

"This is Park Eun Byeol, she's my classmate! She decided to join the club!" The three heads all direct their eyes at me before all nodding at the same time to show their consent.

"Nice to meet you Eun Byeol, I'm Kim Myung Soo but you can call me Soo!" He introduces himself and gives me his biggest smile.

"My name is Lee Hye Joo. Call me... Hye Joo." She doesn't smile, her eyes are looking at me but she seems very uninterested. The last student next to Ji Eun looks pretty shy: her long bang hides her black small eyes, nonetheless I feel intimidated by her intense gaze, she seems to read my mind like an open book.

"And this is my little sister." Ji Eun smiles as she puts a sisterly hand on her sibling's shoulder. "Her name is Lee Ji Hyun, she's 16."

"Myung Soo, Hye Joo and Ji Hyun..." I try to remember their name by repeating them one by one.

"They're all in the theater club, actually they're very talented, especially my Ji Hyun right?" Ji Eun preciously pats her sister's head.

"Daebak... Ji Eun, please keep it low when you're throwing flowers at Ji Hyun!" Myung Soo stares at the two siblings moment of affection they share, reminding me of my relationship with Jimin.

The lunch comes to an end and we all go back to our respective class. During the period, one thing stays in my mind: Ji Eun and her crush, that male student she talks about, 'Kim'... I want to ask her again without her being interrupted. It's not that I'm interested by him, but he's the only Kim I know.

Before heading to detention, I send a text to Jimin to let him know about the sanction. That guy is very amused by the situation, instead of showing some support to his little sister, Jimin sends me a funny emoticon. I answer in japanese 'You will see later!', aware of the fact he won't understand anything. Hours have gone by very quickly, so fast it's finally time to head to detention. I don't know where's located the room, so I decide to follow my schoolmate. As soon as he stands up from his chair, I track each of his familiar steps like a ghost. Ah, he's walking so fast! I have to run to keep him in my sight! I'm running in the corridors when I bump my front on a solid surface.

My nose captures a strong fragrance. I lift my face away from the body before me. The owner of the back doesn't need to turn around to let me know he's addressing to me.

"Why do you keep following me?" He calmly utters.

"I'm not following you! I don't know where's the detention room." The back of his head turns around to show his features. The boy ponders for a while before talking.

"So... you're a student here but you don't know where's the detention room?" He sighs then sarcastically laughs, "Yah, I heard a bunch of excuses but this one is a first. I don't care, stop following me around or you're going to regret it." He glances at me and puts his hands in his pockets.

"Me? Following you around? Where, when? It's not an excuse, I really don't know where is the detention room!" My tone is really high, it makes my accent stronger! 

"What is this ruckus?!" Our argument stops, we simultaneously turn our heads when our homeroom teacher appears next to us.

"Ssaem, she has been following me around the whole day!" He points his finger at me and accuses me with a devious stare.

"Seonsaengnim! It's absolutely false! I'm not following this person!" I'm seriously trying to defend myself but my accent still goes off strong. "I don't know where's the detention room..." I lower my head and sigh. Our teacher thinks a little bit then shares with us his opinion.

"Kids, don't fight." He looks at my seatmate. "Taehyung-ah, don't be like that. Your classmate is having hard time, don't accuse her like this. And you Eun Byeol, if you don't know where's a place, don't act strange, you're scaring people. You should've asked where the room is!" I respectfully nod to his speech and bow. He stops, walks forward and disappears out of our sight. Only Taehyung and I are left, oddly standing together.

"I don't understand him sometimes." Taehyung states before walking away.

I follow him but still stay a few steps away from his figure. He enters in the room and I do the same thing. Another teacher welcomes us, he's reading a manga without seriously paying attention to our actions. Taehyung takes a sit in the back before he rests his head on his arm, lying on the desk. I sit as far as I can from him, he's such a troublemaker! I copy him and lie down my arms on the table and rest my head.

Ten minutes, twenty minutes, forty minutes go by... When the bell suddenly rings in our ears. I quickly put my bag on my back and head to the bus station. I didn't bring my earphones so I have to wait for the bus with the sound of the wind soothing my ears. The sun is setting in front of my eyes, a pinkish orange colors the sky. I raise my head and let myself admire the beautiful spectacle the sky offers. I notice a presence near me, my eyes fix upon the same Taehyung I tried to avoid. He has his earphones on and looks at the sky. I do the same.

"Beautiful..." I hear him whisper. The same thought cross my mind. We remain silent for a moment. "What's your name?" He suddenly asks. I'm... surprised and taken aback!

"I'm Park Eun Byeol. And you're... Kim Taehyung." We're

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter