Chapter III

Sincerely Yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One of these unexpected meetings.

 

Taehyung's POV

 

 

FRIDAY AT LUNCH

"What are you saying?! I'm telling you Lalisa is way prettier than Jennie, Jisoo AND Rosé!"

"No, no, no! Haven't you seen properly Kim Jennie?! I expected better from you bro! Weren't you there when she rapped last time?!"

Ho Seok and Nam Joon with their arguments. Again.

"What about your girlfriend Nam Joon?" Yoon Gi teases Nam Joon.

"Of course Go Ae Ri Noona is way prettier than them. She's just... incredibly cute." He shows his cutest smile while he grabs his rice with the chopsticks.

"It must be nice to have a girlfriend!" I exclaim, Nam Joon usually doesn't talk much about her, but when he starts, he just can't stop boasting about her.

"Yah, you could have a girlfriend if you stopped being so wary! There's so many girls who'd love to become your partner!" Jin adds.

"Sorry but... I prefer focusing on my studies!" I smile and eat my food.

"I agree with Tae, relationships are usually associated with problems, you can't focus anymore and you only think about being with the one you love, right?" Jungkook elbows Nam Joon who's still showing a bright smile. "My brother's grades fell as soon as he started dating, my uncle seriously was furious!"

"Oh! By the way Jimin-ah, isn't you sister supposed to be back from Japan?" Ho Seok questions Jimin who quickly turns his head around and throws a glance at a table away.

"She just moved in with us. Dad really wants her to stay by our side and I just love spending time with her." Yoon Gi follows Jimin's eyes.

"Where is she studying? Wait... does she attends to Big Hit High School?" Ho Seok opens wide his eyes, "I couldn't meet her last time!"

"Yeah, she skipped a grade so she must be in your class. I thought my father wouldn't let her come here but I insisted to have Byeol with me." Byeol? Park... Park Byeol... Park Eun Byeol?

"Byeol? Aah... Park Eun Byeol?" Yoon Gi demands, "She is your sister? How could I forget about her? Just realized she's in my classroom! I had a doubt first but now, daebak." Me too Yoon Gi, me too.

"Eun Byeol is your sister? She grew up since the last time!" since the incident.

"The first and last time you saw her! You deserve it! How could you hurt my precious and only sister?! Do you know how much she cried when we came back home? Byeol didn't even want to stay here, all she asked was to see grandma! My dad was so angry he didn't let me go out for a week! Good thing I didn't let you guys approach her since!"

"Jimin calm down! All we did was introducing her to Taehyung's dog! 4 of us had to hold her arms and legs and the dog just crazily barged in and bit her foot! Why was she barefoot?" Jin defends himself and his accomplices Jungkook, Yoon Gi and Nam Joon.

"Heol, 'crazily'..." I couldn't believe my ears. Okay, my dog used to be very aggressive but she was moving so much that Yeontan became excited.

"We never got the chance to apologize. At first I thought she overreacted but she was young though, being bitten must've hurt."

"She was 7."

"We never saw her after that!"

"Until now..."

"Hey guys! I have a splendid idea! Why don't we apologize tomorrow? We should surprise her and go to their house!" Brilliant Ho Seok, just brilliant.

"Eun Byeol forgot about you guys, surely not the accident or who was involved, but at least your faces. She couldn't even remember dad's birthday last year!" That boy just roasted his own sister.

"You said she is really scared of dogs, it's worst than it used to be." Poor Yeontan, how can she dislike these cute creatures?

"Fine, just come at 4 PM or something like that, after we'll go out right!" Jimin starts dancing, yes, dancing.

I must admit the scene was pretty terrifying. We were 8 years old, it was during winter holidays. We used to stay at Ho Seok's house but he was in Australia or something like that. Jimin told us he'd bring his sister because she wasn't doing pretty much at their home. We were hanging at the playground below my apartment building when it started snowing so I proposed them to come to my place for the rest of the afternoon and everyone accepted. No one among knew she wasn't very familiar with dogs, so when we saw her motionless before the front door, we all thought she was overreacting. 

The thing was, she spoke Japanese and a broken korean. At first, we couldn't understand anything and kept laughing.

She wasn't having fun at all. It's when she started panicking for real I came to realization we shouldn't force her. We just had adopted Yeontan back then so he was sensitive and untrained. The dog didn't stop barking and it frightened her. I was about to bring Yeontan in my bedroom when Jungkook grabbed my furious dog. My pet hated this the most, being taken like that, especially when he's surprised or in bad mood, or when there are strangers. Yeontan kept barking and slipped away from Jungkook's small arms. But Jimin's sister decided to run around the house, and that's how Yeontan followed her. Eun Byeol tried to hide behind the boys, but instead of protecting her, they thought smart grabbing her and putting her in front of Yeontan.

Jimin and I were worried, we were young and useless.

We both tried to stop them but it just worsened the situation. Yeontan was really excited and moody, so what was supposed to happen happened.

A loud cry of pain resonated in the apartment. Everything then went really fast, between a crying Eun Byeol and her bloody foot. After a quick phone call, Mr Park came in a flash, we were terrified. All we knew then is that Jimin was grounded, we couldn't even contact him. He didn't even talk to us the first day of class. His precious and beloved sister he didn't have the chance to live with was in pain, she suffered a lot. Seeing her like this saddened Jimin. She left Korea with bad memories in mind. As she didn't have a good impression on Korea, she rarely came to Korea. It was the first time they were sharing these valued holidays, their first meeting after 7 years. Nevertheless, blood ties are the strongest: they stayed in contact and grew extremely  close through this 'experience'.

 

The same afternoon, I met Eun Byeol. Jimin told me to help her if I saw her, that's what I di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter