Twenty Seven

Blood Haven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN; DOING THINGS TOGETHER.

"See this hasn't been so bad" Kihyun smiled at Somi who held two bras in one hand and was digging in her pocket for her purse with the other as they walked to the registers so she could pay for the bras. Somi hissed, sending Kihyun a glare before latching onto her purse and tugging it out of her pocket roughly.

"People think you're my boyfriend that came to pick something pretty and lacy for me" She mumbled through barely moving lips and Kihyun laughed at her, clapping his hands in delight.

"Well I told you I liked that dark purple one earlier" Kihyun quickly recovered and he winked in Somi's direction.

"Hence why you were slapped" Somi didn't bat an eye this time, she had been mortified when Kihyun held up the garmet, totally out of his character, that was meant to be something Hyungwon would do. But now Somi was seeing a little more of him through this shopping experience.

"Hyungwon dared me to do it" Kihyun admitted as if it would make the situation better and Somi chuckled, not entirely surprised by Kihyun's confession once she gave it a little thought.

"That makes it more understandable" She nodded and Kihyun frowned.

"Why's that?"

"Shoving a bra in my face and telling me you wanted a runway performance isn't in your character description Kihyun" Somi snorted and Kihyun frowned.

"You're making a character description of me?"

"And everyone else" Somi nodded as she put her things down on the counter.

"Just those two please"

"Well, you can add that to the description, though I don't see why you would need one" Kihyun shrugged and Somi looked at him.

"I'm not hanging out with you guys by choice in case you forgot, I need to make sure I can trust you guys," She told him just before the girl on the other side of the counter told her the price.

"You know we're all working on trusting you too," Kihyun told her what he had been thinking for the rest of Somi's purchase as they walked out of the store side by side.

"I don't doubt it, so, by all means, do what you have to so that you can figure me out" Somi shrugged easily and Kihyun eyed her, not saying the words at the tip of his tongue once again.

"I know what it's like to be an outcast, I also know what it's like to have your trust misplaced. I may talk about my old friends often but it's only because it took a long time to be able to call them that and now I'm proud of them all"

"Even the people that left? Are you proud of them too?" Kihyun asked her, the others had wandered off so they were stuck together until they could find them.

"Yes because it took them a lot of effort to get me to open up to them, even before I was ever hurt by anyone, and now that they're on the right path for their lives, they're achieving their goals so I'm proud of them and of the memories I have with them"

"Wow, you're either taking it to the grave or passing it off like a papercut" Kihyun scoffed and Somi shrugged,

"There are some things that aren't worth the grudge, don't you think so Kihyun?" Somi looked at Kihyun with her head tilted, she smiled and Kihyun paused, slowing down his steps.

"Yo. Han. So. Mi"

"You so owe me!" Changkyun finished for Jooheon and the pair high-fived, proud of their little rhyme.

"Of course you're the ones we meet up with again first" Somi rolled her eyes, losing her little smile as she begrudgingly walked towards the two.

"Come on Kihyun" She called over her shoulder, waving a hand for him to follow, but Kihyun was lost in his own thoughts.

"There are some things that aren't worth the grudge" Then how do I let go of my grudges Somi?

------------

The eight of them sat around one table squished together so that they wouldn't have to separate and sit at two different tables in the busy food court. They all had plates of food that sit in front of them and quickly became decorated with the different foods that each person bought. Changkyun looked around at them all perking up when he had an idea strike him suddenly.

"I have an idea" Changkyun spoke up and everyone stopped their chewing and slurping to look at him. His lips slowly turned up into a smile and Somi could feel a shiver run down her spine, a small ball of dread bouncing around in her stomach, that was the smile that normally meant there some sort of trouble Changkyun wanted to cause.

"So the Great Race is coming up" He started and there were nods of heads.

"And we've all been stressing about it for a while now" There were shrugs around the table and Changkyun grinned.

"So I figured we should do something to take a break from the stress for a little while" He continued slowly, annoying everyone.

"Oh just hurry up!" Hoseok threw one of his fries at Changkyun.

"Let's stay here over night and play hide and seek" Changkyun finally blurted out to the group and there were mixed responses from all of them.

"Let's do it!" Jooheon instantly agreed to Changkyun's idea full of excitement.

"Hell no" Hoseok shot down the idea with Hyunwoo shaking his head as he opposed the youngest males idea as well.

"I can't be bothered" Hyungwon sighed, his eyes half way to being closed as he chewed on his food lazily.

"It won't work" Somi added and Changkyun waved off the negative responses, taking Jooheon as his sidekick and running with the new idea.

"I know how we can make it work, it'll be good I promise" He looked at a discouraged Hyunwoo and Hoseok, it was going to take a good amount of convincing to get them to agree with the idea. Minhyuk looked around, prodding his food with his fork and shrugging his shoulders.

"I've never done it before so I'm in" Minhyuk's enthusiasm surprised Somi, so she watched the interactions between the people sitting with her, they were all starting to lean in to talk in hushed voices, even the ones against it were leaning over their plates so that they could hear everything being said.

"We're gonna needs supplies and a good hiding spot" Chankyun went into his plan and Somi leant forward with a sigh, she didn't want to admit that she was more and more interested with each word he spoke.

"We'll have the whole place to ourselves to run rampet in" He tried to persuade the not so excited people with a big smile and a wave of his hands that gestured to the whole place.

"I'm in" Kihyun stated off a whim and the others glanced at him, making him shrink in his seat.

"Did I say that out loud?" He muttered with reddening cheeks, looking back down at his palte to avoid the stares put on him.

"That's four of us!" Changkyun gasped out excitedly.

"Oh boy"

------------

"We need this!" Jooheon showed Hyungwon a pair of floaties to put his arms through and Hyungwon rose an eyebrow, taking the box from Jooheon's hand to examine it closer.

"Do they have a more interesting pattern? Rubber duckies aren't doing it for me" Hyungwon handed the box back and Jooheon put it away, animatedly grabbing the next one.

"Look, this one has little crocodiles wearing sunglasses!" He showed Hyungwon who studied the picutre of what would be in the box. Hyungwon nodded, he threw the box of floaties into the shopping trolly before proceeding forward.

"They will work"

"Yes" Jooheon cheered, chasing after Hyungwon and the trolly.

------------

"What about these ones?" Minhyuk turned to Somi and Kihyun with a pair of bright yellow sunglasses and Somi looked to Kihyun, wanting his opinion as well.

"Boy, you look like you're about to be a trending meme" Kihyun spoke and Minhyuk grinned, pulling the glasses down.

"I'll take them then!" He nodded and Somi laughed.

"We've got the scooters" The three turned, being met with Changkyun pushing a trolly that had two boxes containing scooters purched inside. Hoseok followed him with a small round pair of pink rimmed glasses on his head, clearly for children as they struggled to stretch over his head. Somi had to look away, covering so that she wouldn't laugh at Hoseok and his usual stoic expression.

"Great, let's find the others and anything else we think we will need" Kihyun nodded and they all set off to find the others.

------------

"Hyunwoo" There was fear in Jooheon's eyes and Hyunwoo looked back at him in confusion.

"What?" He asked, putting down a pink sparkly tiara as Jooheon shuffled on his feet.

"What are you wearing?" He dared to ask and Hyunwoo looked down at the material around his waist.

"It's my fairy skirt, don't you like it? I knew I should have just gone for the angel one" Hyunwoo muttered to himself, the light pink mesh of the children's skirt that he wore around his waist.

"No," Jooheon shook his head quickly, "You look great Hyunwoo" He reassured and Hyunwoo sighed, his chest falling in relief.

"Thank god, I was really second guessing Hyungwon's advice for a moment there" He shook his head and Jooheon rose an eyebrow, fiddling with the pool noodle in his hands.

"Hyungwon gave you advice?" Hyunwoo nodded, his skirt again.

"He said baby pink was more my colour than angel white"

------------

"Oh yes, this is perfect" Somi beamed, picking up the red material that felt very much like fake silk.

"What did you find?" Minhyuk asked her and she showed the cape and matching skirt to Changkyun and Minhyuk.

"Thank god I bought all my groceries already, this s gonna make me broke" She laughed and so did the boys.

"Let's pretend it will be worth it" Changkyun put his hands on Somi's shoulders and the three of them walked away from the children's costumes.

"This will be too big to carry around won't it?"

"Well besides the fact that it's too big to carry around, I believe it isn't for sale but for kids to ride around on while they shop" Hoseok could be heard pointing out an important fact that would stop Kihyun from stealing the zebra he was sitting on.

"Bummer" He frowned.

"What's this?" Minhyuk asked as he approached the pair on hurried feet.

"Look, it's a ride on zebra" Kihyun's feet pushed up and down, making the legs of the zebra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter