February 14, Wednesday

10 days ago

That morning Yoongi woke up with a huge headache. He would have stayed home but he remembered Jimin and quickly opted not to. He quickly got dresses and drove to Jimin's house. 

Jimin looked stunning as usual as he exited his house. When he got into the car he seemed a little embarrassed and Yoongi asked him what was wrong.

"Hyung, did you remember it was valentines day?" Jimin asked.

"Oh , im so sorry Jimin. I was thinking alot about what happened and I totally forgot. Im so sorry."

"No it's okay. I kind of forgot too."

"How about we go eat this weekend to make up for it?" Yoongi asked.

"Yeah. I'd like that." Jimin responded feeling less ashamed of himself than before.

As they got to school they saw a lot of balloons, chocolates, bears, hearts, and pretty much anything valentines related. Once again feeling guilty they didn't get each other anything. 

Jimin and Yoongi parted as usual near Jimins classroom and went to their first class. Jimin sat down in his desk to wait for Jungkook when he saw a heart shapped lollypop. At first he thought it was Fredricks imposter but then he saw a girl in the front of the classroom smile at him then turn away. He found it kind of sad that someone liked him when they didnt know he was with Yoongi. He wished he could tell everyone in the school about his boyfriend but knew that if anyone found out they would surely beat him and harass him almost to death. 

Jungkook came in with a backpack slightly opened and full of Valentine's day gifts.

"Whose are those for?" Jimin asked confused.

"I'm not giving them out, they were giving to me."

"By who?" Jimin asked still surprised.

"Jimin oh Jimin. If you knew anything about being a man you would know it's not just 1 girl. It's the whole freaking school whose in love with me." He answered rather cheekily.

With that, Mrs. Heffle came in and began class.

After first period the pair walked to second period together when they saw Taehyung alone in the corner of the hallway. Jimin wanted to walk ahead and ignore him but Jungkook suddenly stopped. 

"What's wrong? We're going to be late." Jimin said impatiently.

"Isn't it sad that no one ever talks to him?" Jungkook said while looking at Taehyung.

"Not really he's weird." Jimjn said rolling his eyes.

"Jimin, can't you be nice for a moment he's all alone. Jeez why are you always so damn mean?" Jungkook replied angrily surprising Jimin.

He walked over to Taehyung and took a large heart shaped gummy wrapped in plastic out of his backpack and handed it to him. Taehyung looked as surprised as Jimin but took the gift nevertheless. 

"Why are you giving it to me?" Taehyung asked in his deep voice. 

"Because I have too much and I dont want to get diabetes." He responded cooly. "Let's just say you're saving me from diseases." He added and then left.

Jungkook walked off to his second period leaving Jimin to review what just happened. Did Jungkook really just do that? No one even talks to Taehyung, yet there was Jungkook giving him a ing love gift! Taehyung seemed no less surprised but also looked happier than before. So Jimin just proceeded to his second period slowly leaving Taehyung to admire his new present.

~

Yoongi saw Jimin enter the lunchroom with his brown paper bag and instantly smiled. How could someone look so cute just entering a cafeteria? 

"Hey Jiminie!" Suga yelled. 

"Hey!" Jimin chirped.

"Where's Jungkook?" 

"I dont know. He is acting strange today."

"Oh well I guess it's just you and me today."

Jimin was deciding whether or not to tell Yoongi what happened earlier with Jungkook and Taehyung. He decided to tell him and when he finished Yoongi had nothing nice to say.

"What the hell. He's a creep." Yoongi practically yelled. 

"I know but I didnt say anything because I was afraid he would get mad at me." Jimin recalled how Jungkook yelled at him when he told him to go to class.

"You know... If the Fredrick imposter was anyone here I would bet on Taehyung. I mean, he did always follow him around and remember that time Fredrick actually did go out with him for a while." Yoongi thoughtfully whispered.

"Yeah but everyone knows they only went out so Fredrick could make me jelous. After that everyone made fun of me." Jimin stated.

"Yeah. So he has reason to meddle with us."

"And what would that be?"

"To get back at you for giving him a loveless relationship. To get back at you because he was jealous. To get back at you for taking away the person he liked. Think about it Jimin." Said Yoongi.

"Even if that was true, he would know what we did. And why wouldnt he report us to the police?"

"I dont know but he's my main suspect."

"Well what do you suppose we do? Throw him in the river too?" Jimin said annoyed.

"It wouldn't hurt to talk to him."

"And say what? Oh hey Taehyung, you know we killed Fredrick right, and are you the one who keeps sending us crazy messages?"

"You don't have to say it like that. I just want to know what he was doing on Sunday."

"Ok you're right im just frustrated. I think im going insane." Jimin was in no mood to be his usual chirpy self.

"Let's just find him after school and see what he says okay?" 

"Okay hyung."

The bell rang signaling thst lunch was over and they went to their next class.

~

After 8th period Jimin and Yoongi met up at the grey water fountain. That's usually the hallway Taehyung used to go home. They waited 2 minutes before seeing a crop of blond hair that appeared to be his.

"Taehyung!" Yoongi boomed. Tae stopped dead in his tracks at the sound of his name being called.

"Wh- what do y- y- you want?" Taehyung questioned in his curiously deep voice.

"Nothing I was just wondering what a loner like you would be doing on a Sunday night." Yoongi casually said.

"What's it to you?" 

"Well I was curious why you didnt go to Mino's party last weekend. Were you busy stalking people or were you begging for someone to love you?"

"Hyung. That's not what we agreed to ask." Jimin scolded. Taehyung was very scared of Yoongi. Not only because of his appearance but because of the way he seemed to not be scared of anything. Ever. Yoongi was the type of person that could tell the whole world to off and wouldn't even flinch. If someone ever told him they would hurt him, Yoongi would be the type of person to say, "do it".

"So, where were you?" Yoongi asked once again

"I was at home feeding my fish. Oh look your shoes are untied." Taehyung said rather seriously. Both Jimin and Yoongi looked at their shoes like boo boo the fool and Taehyung ran away. 

"What the hell was that? It's not like we're going to punch him." Yoongi said weirded out.

"Well, at least we got an answer. Sort of."

"Oh , I forgot about work. Im going to be late. Hurry let's go." Yoongi said as they ran to his car.

Yoongi drove Jimin to his house then speeded to work. The good news was that Jin wasn't there that day and didn't scold him. 

The job was a tiring and back breaking as usual. He reshelved and reshelved until he saw the tv in the managers office . That was unusual because the managers office was never opened. But what was more alarming was what was on the news.

*Breaking news: a Young man in his late teens was found dead in the river this afternoon at 7:38 pm. He has a wound to his head and seemes to be dead for a couple of days. Investigators are reporting it to be a homicide. His name is Fredrick Lee and is 17 years old. The police are asking if anyone knows any information about this to please contact right away...*

Yoongi didnt finish hearing it because he was already halfway across the store and heading for his car. He picked up the phone and dialed Jimin's number. There were 2 rings when Jimin picked up.

"Hello?" 

"Jimin turn your tv on now." 

"Why wha-"

"Go now Jimin." Yoongi more than shouted. There were a few seconds of muffled noises as Jimin walked to his tv to turn it on.

"Hyung.... What the hell is happening?" Jimin whispered too worried to speak.

"I know I know. I'll be right there in 5 minutes. Tell your mother im coming over."

"It's done for..... Im done for.... Im going to jail."

"No Jimin. Stay on the phone with me okay?" But it was too late Jimin already hung up.

That made Yoongi drive even faster. He got to Jimins house and knocked frantically on the door. Jimins mother answered the door although she looked irritated. 

"Yoongi? What are you doing here? And why are you knocking like a mad man?" She asked.

"Hello Mrs. Park but I need to tell Jimin something important."

"Do you know what time it is?" She said but let him in anyway.

"Yes Mrs. Park im sorry." Yoongi ran upstairs to Jimins room and opened to door. Jimin was limp on his bed. Looking only at the tv

"Jimin, oh my gosh. It's okay it's going to be fine." Yoongi said sitting on the bed next to him.

"Im sorry. Im sorry I got you involved." jimin said quietly.

"No Jimin nothing is going to happen. Look, they dont have any information and no one was there so how could they find us."

"Someone knows." 

"Well if that person wanted us to get caught they would have told the police by now. Please be strong Jimin."

"How the do you expect me to be strong when my whole life could be over in a heartbeat. Im going insane. The next thing you know I'll be hearing ing voices in my head. How the do you expect me to be strong!" Jimin more than yelled.

"Quiet down Jimin your parents will hear."

"Im caught anyway so what does that matter. Nothing matters."

"Jimin please. If the cops come I'll say I did it. And if they say you were a part of this I'll tell them I threatened to kill you if you said anything." Yoongi offered.

"No. I cant do that to you."

"You actually have a future, I don't. If you go to jail it's over for you. If I go to jail it's okay. Nobody would be there to be disappointed in me or to tell me i had so much potential. If I get locked up no one would notice. You could go to college and be something. I couldn't even if I wanted to. So im not taking no for an answer. You will be safe. I promise." Yoongi's eyes were now teary qnd he had to restain himself from crying.

"I couldnt do that to you." Jimin sobbed.

"I said im not taking no for an answer." Yoongi replied. They stared at wach other for a while. 

"You know I love you." Jimin said bawling now.

"I know." He said and then they hugged. They hugged for what seemed like forever. Not letting go.

"I also got another note today." Jimin said pulling away from the hug.

The note read: happy valentines day. I wish i could give you my heart but it's in the river. Xoxo ~Fredrick

Jimin and Yoongi burned it and talked until Yoongi finally left around 12 pm.

 

Back to the house where his life was dammed.