love me

colors | seungjin

hyunjin's lips curve into a huge smile as a familiar figure comes into sight. he begins to quickly jog toward their usual spot.

seungmin turns to the direction of his footsteps and gives a small smile as he hears his voice.

"how's my favorite person doing today?" hyunjin asks cheekily, sitting down next to him.

a shade of pink color seungmin's cheeks as he lightly gives him a light hit on the shoulder.

hyunjin exclaims, "hey, i'm serious! you're my favorite person."

seungmin just laughs.

"you know, chan hyung is actually not that busy." seungmin suddenly reveals. hyunjin looks at him in confusion.

"huh? then why hasn't he been accompanying you?"

seungmin smiles shyly. "it's because i asked him not to. i wanted to spend more time alone with you....."

his voice trails off as a shade of pink color his cheeks again, only this time a little darker.

hyunjin's face broke into a wide grin at his reason.

"aww, you're so cute. what did i do to deserve you?" he murmurs fondly before pulling seungmin into a hug. they stay like that for awhile, with hyunjin's arms wrapped around seungmin as the latter rest his head onto the comfort of his chest.

"hey hyunjin, can you turn to face me?"

"why? are you going to kiss me?" he asks. seungmin chuckles.

"wait for that in your dream. anyway, can you close your eyes for a moment?" he asks.

though a bit puzzled at the strange request, hyunjin does as he's told. a few seconds pass before he feels seungmin's hand on his face. it travels down from his forehead to his cheek. his thumb gently caresses his each and every one of his facial features, as if trying to remember every inch of his face, as if trying to memorize the way every single one of them feels to his touch.

he doesn't like this feeling, hyunjin decides. it feels like there's something seungmin isn't telling him. he opens his eyes, just as seungmin's thumb was on his lips, and grabs his hand. seungmin jolts back a little in surprise.

"what are you doing?" he asks.

seungmin stays quiet for a few seconds before eventually flashing him a smile.

"making a reminder for myself so i'll never forget the you feel like."

then he leans in and places his lips on hyunjin's own plump ones. an overwhelming sense of relief takes over his body as their lips move again each other.

but at the back of hyunjin's head, he knows there's a certain uneasiness lying somewhere beneath the relief, hidden quietly like a nightmare just waiting to be experienced.

∞∞

the next day, seungmin doesn't show up at the park.

then another next day and there's still no sight of seungmin or chan anywhere.

after a week of seungmin's disappearance from their usual meet up spot, hyunjin decides to go to his house to look for answer.

his heart breaks as he stands in front of the unoccupied house. it still looks the same way it did when he first came over. except now there's no light on inside anymore.

another week go by and seungmin is still nowhere to be found.

eventually, a week turns into a month, a month turns into a year, but hyunjin still remembers the day they first started talking so clearly. he still remembers the way seungmin's eyes sometimes disappear when he laughs; the way his bottom lip sticks out when he's so focused on something; the way his smile is so bright and warm; and the way he laughs, so alive and radiant.

hyunjin longs for a way to hear his name roll off seungmin's tongue again. he longs to feel the way seungmin would smile into their kiss when he wrapped his around the other boy's waist and pull him closer.

and now, hyunjin slips into the cover, ready to go onto another night of dreams filled with seungmin's face. he closes his eyes and tries to drift off to sleep.

∞∞

hyunjin opens his eyes, almost closing them back immediately as the bright light blocks him from making sense of what's actually happening. he tries to move one of his arm, only to wince in pain as it is attached with an iv drip.

he's mildly startled as someone suddenly came up to him, sounding like she's on the verge of hysteria.

"hyunjin honey, you're finally awake! thank goodness! we thought y-you would n-never-" she didn't get to finish as her emotions take over, she breaks into a flood of tears.

it's only then that he realizes that the person is his mum. and that he's no longer in the comfort of his room.

but what happened? where is seungmin?

"mum, what happened? where is this place? why am i here? wasn't i just sleeping at home?" he asks. somehow, something tells him he isn't ready for the answers to his questions just yet.

his mum sniffles before answering, "oh honey, you were sleeping, but you didn't wake up. no matter how much we tried to get to conscious, nothing worked. it's been weeks since you've been lying on this hospital bed, hyunjin."

hyunjin's body freeze as shock washes over him.

unconscious? but i've been awake the whole time! with seungmin!

"w-where is seungmin?" he asks shakily. his body begins to tremble as tears threaten to flow out.

his mum looks at him in confusion. "seungmin? who is that? all of your friends came to visit everyday but as far as i know there isn't a seungmin."

he slumps down in devastation, tears beging to stream down his face as reality settles in. he could feel something break inside of him.

everything was nothing but a figment of his imagination.

the seungmin he loves is gone forever. he was never here.

seungmin never existed.

hyunjin wishes he never woke up.

---

I'd like to apologize for all the grammatical errors and typos that are in this story

thank you, have a nice day