002

No Other But You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning Skye was awakened by the sound of an opening door. She sat up from the bed to see her grandmother walking into her room. “Halmeoni!” She greeted with a bow on bed.

“Aigoo! My poor girl, you must be very tired from your concert tour!” Skye’s grandmother chuckled.

“No choice! This is my work! Huhuhu!”

“Go find a man to get married so that you can stop working.”

“Aniya! I won’t stop working even if I am married. Singing is my passion!”

“So does it mean you have a boyfriend now?”

“Ermmm… For me to know, for you to find out! Hahaha!”

“Aigoo! You cheeky girl! Now go wash up and go out to have breakfast!”

“Araso!”

---

After washing up, Skye went out to the dining hall to see her friend already seated at the table. “Wah! Did you sneak out last night? Why do you look so tired?” Angela asked.

"No. I couldn't sleep after a weird dream." Skye replied in Mandarin because she didn’t want her grandmother to hear.

"What kind of weird dream this time round? Mr Faceless again?"

"I wish for that but no."

"Then what?"

"The old man that called himself Yue Lao and he said I am going to meet my destined husband soon."

"Oh!" Angela turned back to look at her friend in shock.

"I know what you are going to say but no! It's not going to happen! We did talk about the red thread of fate yesterday so my subconscious registered the topic we talked about and poof! Here comes the dream! This is not any precognition dream! No! N O no!" Skye formed a cross with her arms, shaking her head at the same time.

“What are the two of you talking about?” Skye’s grandmother asked, looking at the two girls.

“Nothing.” Skye smiled and went on to eat her breakfast.

---

"Wahhhh! This place is so beautiful! I shall bring my boyfriend here next time!" Angela gasped as she admired the scenery from the top of the Namsan tower.

"Yeah! Mr Green will love it!"

"Stop calling him Mr Green! It's only his eyes are green!"

"Yeah! They are scary enough to give me nightmare!" Skye shivered at the thought of it. "I will never forget the first time I met him. His eyes are so creepily green!"

“Psssh! Maybe your future boyfriend is also a foreigner with green eyes.” Angela retorted.

“Hahaha! That day will never happen!”

"Miss Superstar, have you ever wondered what would happen to your life if you really do meet your Mr Right here?"

"Hmmm... Maybe I will lose all my fans! Especially fan boys! Hahaha!”

“But your fans should think for you right? You are a human and you should have your own life too! They can’t stop you from getting married right?”

“Girl, you can never understand what the fans are thinking. Taiwanese fans are more reasonable. I have heard about the Korean fans here. They never wanted their male idols to get married.”

“Yike! So scary! Then you better find a guy out of the entertainment industry!”

“Right… You think it’s so easy to find someone you like?” Skye rolled her eyes at her friend’s comment.

Just then Skye’s phone starting ringing, she took it out to see her cousin’s name flashing on the screen. “Oh… Taehyun-ah.”

“Noona, I need your help!” Taehyun cried at the other side of the call.

“What kind of help? You need me to beat someone up?”

“Ani! The lead singer of my band is sick so we need you to replace her position.”

“Ahhh… Text me the address of the pub and I will be there.”

“NEOMU KAMSA HAMNIDA, NOONA! NOONA NEOMU YEPPEO!”

“Psssh! You realistic fellow! You have never said that I am pretty!” Skye rolled her eyes.

“Ani! My Skye noona is very pretty! I just didn’t say it out! Hahahaha! Noona, try to reach by 6pm. We need to rehearse.”

“Araso! You are even naggier than halmeoni! Annyeong!” Skye hung up the call and looked at her friend. “I need to help Taehyun out at the pub. You want to go around yourself or follow me?”

“I don’t mind going to the pub to watch live band performance!” Angela beamed. “Moreover I don’t need to pay to watch you sing! Best of both worlds! HAHAHA!”

“Aish! Cheapskate! Let’s go for lunch!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter