Chapter 4: Dance Practice

Torn

 

(Seojin’s POV)

I woke up to feel the vibration of my cellphone. I groggily looked at the screen and saw the words, “Text Message from Henry Lau” flash on the screen as it kept vibrating. 

“Seojin, are you awake?”

“Neh, I just woke up. Waeyo?”

“Oh mianhe, I woke you up. I was just wondering if you had free time today.”

I felt my heart skip a beat again. Aish, why does it keep doing that? But ohmygod is he asking me out on a date right now? Wait, I’m not going to jump to conclusions.

“Yeah I do. What would you like to do? ^^”

“Do you want to watch us practice for our comeback?”

ohmygod is he really inviting me just like that? I started to feel all giddy and excited.

“It would be an honor!”

“I’ll pick you up in an hour. ^^”

I started to get dressed in appropriate attire; gray sweatpants and a loose-fitting t-shirt. It’s probably time for the others to know about my dancing and singing background back at NYC. Knowing Henry, he probably will force me to dance with him. I blushed at the thought. Why am I like this? I shook it off once again and waited for Henry.

I felt my phone vibrate once again. He was 15 minutes early but that’s okay.

“Seojin, I’m outside. Come out ^^”

“Neh, I’m coming.”

I opened the door and found myself face to face with two large vans. Since they have so many members, they needed two vans. Henry got out from one of them and waved. I waved back and ran to him. He motioned me inside the van and I quickly positioned myself between Eunhyuk and Henry.

“Are you going to dance with us?” Eunhyuk asked looking at my clothes.

“If you allow to teach me, yes. ^^” I said flashing him a sly smile.

“Alright, if you can handle it.” He replied while winking. Psh, he was totally underestimating me. You wait, Lee Hyukjae.

The van came to a halt in front of the SM Entertainment building. It was my first time here and I was shocked how big it looked from the outside. 

I must’ve been staring at the building too long since Henry had to pull on my arm to snap me out of it. I gave him an embarrassed smile and followed him up to the dance room.

The dance room had a lot of room surrounded by mirrors from every angle. I haven’t danced in a dance room since I graduated which was a couple of months ago. 

“Alright, guys. Our comeback is soon so let’s work hard until it’s perfect.” Leeteuk said, as his voice boomed across the room. Definitely, the voice of a leader. 

“Hwaiting!” Everyone yelled together. 

Just moments later, music started to play and I stayed back, observing their choreography before I try to learn it.

Bwara Mr. Simple, Simple Keuttae-neun Keuttae-neun Keuttae-ro meotchyeo

Bwara Miss Simple, SImple, Keuttae-neun Keuttae-ro yeppeo (SJ Call)

Bwara Mr. Simple, Simple Keuttae-neun Keuttae-neun Keuttae-ro meotchyeo

Bwara Miss Simple, SImple, Keuttae-neun Keuttae-ro yeppeo (SJ Call) 

The beat was catchy and I was immediately impressed at how smooth and technical the choreography was. Without knowing, I started to nod my head to the beat. 

Everyone took their final pose as the song came to a stop. 

“Wow, that was amazing! I’m impressed.” I exclaimed while clapping.

“We’re Super Junior after all.” Heechul boasted, proudly puffing his chest out as he finished his first water bottle already.

“Ready to learn the choreography?” Donghae asked, motioning me to go to the center.

“Yep!” I stood between Eunhyuk and Donghae who were my dance teachers for today. 

(Henry’s POV)

She blew me away with her dancing. The way her body was one with the music and how her moves were so critical, yet smooth at the same time. She gives off such a cute vibe because of her baby face but when she dances, she’s a whole new different person. Her body was just so … y when she danced. ohmygod what the hell am I thinking? Snap out of it, Henry. You only met her yesterday! But she could actually be just as good as Eunhyuk & I. No doubt that she had talent for dancing. 

“You need to stop opening your mouth every time she does some type of popping.”

I snapped out of my trance and looked up to find Heechul hyung sitting next to me, looking at himself in his portable mirror.

“You should tell her soon you know. I doubt she even knows how you feel. She seems like an oblivious girl. She won’t know until you tell her.”

I got taken by surprise. “W-what? What do you mean tell her? Tell her what?” I said without looking at him in the eyes.

“Don’t play stupid. You like her.” He said while looking at me in the eye. “It’s funny because you guys only met yesterday yet you fell so hard for her.” He broke the eye contact and lightly laughed.

Do I like her?

“Aish, you’ll admit it sooner or later. I hope it’s soon though. You never know when she could be snatched away by someone.” Heechul said while standing up and walking away to talk to Siwon.

(Seojin’s POV)

I ended up perfecting the choreography within three practice runs.

“Whoa! You learned so fast! I totally underestimated you.” Eunhyuk said, while breathing heavily after 3 straight practice runs.

“Why are you so good?!” Donghae asked, flabbergasted.

“Well, I think it’s time I told you that I graduated from Julliards in NYC.” I said, while taking a sip from my water bottle.

“What?! Aren’t you only 18?!” Yesung asked with wide eyes.

“Neh, but the principal personally asked me to skip a couple of years because of my dancing and singing, so I just agreed to it.”

“Wow, you could become an idol!” Sungmin exclaimed.

“That’s not the first time someone told me that.” I chuckled remembering Sungjong.

Speaking of Sungjong, I haven’t had a word from my brother for the whole day. Just then, my phone started to vibrate in my sweatpants pocket.

“Seojin-ah! Mianhe for not calling you or anything! I was really busy with schedules but do you want to eat lunch with the members?”

I looked at the time and it was already 1pm. It’s been around 5 hours since I’ve woken up and I haven’t eaten anything. I bit my lip. I didn’t want to just leave Super Junior here but it’s not like I can refuse my brother either.

“Henry oppa!” I shouted across the room. Henry quickly came over.

“Did something happen?” He asked with a worried look.

“My oppa texted me and asked me to have lunch with him. Is it okay for me to leave?”

“Of course! You can’t say no to your oppa. ^^”

“But what about you guys, I don’t want to just rudely leave.” I pouted.

“Gwenchana, we’re about to go out and eat too after we rehearse just a little bit more.” He reassured me with a smile.

“Okay, gomawo!” I said while unconsciously hugging him. Realizing what I did, I quickly pulled away and awkwardly texted back my brother. I could feel my cheeks start to heat up, hoping he won’t see.

(Henry’s POV)

I was shocked when she suddenly hugged me. It sent funny feelings to my stomach and I could feel the heat start to form on my cheeks.

She awkwardly pulled away and began to text her brother. I suddenly ached for another hug. Another touch from her. Is this the feeling of being in love?

(Seojin’s POV)

“Where would you like me to pick you up?”

Oh snap, my brother doesn’t know I met Super Junior. I suddenly looked back at Henry with a panicked face. He saw my face and quickly looked at the text message. He walked over to their manager and whispered something in his ear. Their manager nodded and Henry quickly came back.

“It’s okay, just tell him to come to the SME building and we’ll explain everything.”

“You want him to come up here too?!”

“Sure! We won’t mind. We’ll be glad to introduce ourselves” Henry flashed a smile. 

I slowly nodded and sent a text message back.

“Come to the SME building. Just ask for my name and come up to the dance room. I’ll explain everything when you get here.”

-An hour later-

“Seojin-ah!”

I turned around and everyone in the room laid their eyes on the figures at their door.

“Infinite?!” yelled out the Super Junior members.

-Author’s Note-

Sorry for the somewhat long chapter and the mini cliffhanger! But yeah, it’s time both groups to come together ^o^ I can’t wait to write the next chapter actually lol Sunggyu is such a fun character to type out. Anyways, I hope you excuse any mistakes I made and keep supporting the story! I’ll try not to disappoint so please wait for the next chapter. Thank you for reading and commenting! <3