Three

Just You And Me

You hastily put your pair of black socks on, slipping into your shoes and grabbing your bag before you quickly step out of the door. Just before stepping out of the door though, you glanced at the clock and mentally groan seeing that you only have ten minutes before the school bell rings; this isn’t a peaceful morning, you thought.

With rushed steps, you run all the way to school not even caring that your skirt is lopsided and you’ve buttoned your shirt the wrong way. It’s lucky that your house is near the school because if not, you’re probably a dead meat now. This isn’t something new for you actually, to come to school late looking as unpresentable as you can get.

It isn’t your fault that you wake up super late because you missed the alarm (it technically is, but let’s just say it isn’t). Eunmi and Sehun have labelled you as a human bat and despite the number of arguments you’ve had whether sleeping in will actually transform you into a bat or not, you do agree with them. If sleeping in or being asleep in general is the college entrance exam, you would’ve passed with flying, no, soaring colours and be placed at Seoul Uni or even better, Harvard.

You stepped into your classroom, plopping into your seat just before the final bell rings. Sehun is looking at you rather bemusedly, and as always, you glared at him for being obnoxious so early in the morning (it’s not that early anymore actually).

“Morning sleepyhead. Can’t you for once arrive at school early, and looking decent so that I wouldn’t have to go through the trouble of trying to figure out whether it’s you walking in or the scarecrow?” Sehun asks and he laughs when you roll your eyes at his nag.

“Sehun I didn’t have a peaceful morning and if you still want to breathe air tomorrow then don’t disturb me.” You said, pointing your finger at him in mocking chastise. You take out your note book from your bag before someone snatch it from you, shoving it back into your bag. You’re about to retaliate but then you remember why he did that.

“We have PE remember sleepyhead?” he asks, tilting his head trying to annoy you even more. “Come on let’s get going” he says and tugs your wrists to pull out of your seat. “ I know that being early is not in your nature, but I prefer being on time”.

--

You made your way into the changing room ignoring the glares you’re receiving from the Minions—it’s a nickname you and Eunmi give to Sehun’s little fanclub. It’s not surprising really that Sehun has a number of girls lining up for him. Come on, he had the looks (you hate admitting this to him because he’ll be so full of himself, not that he isn’t but he’ll be twenty times worse and that’s saying something because Sehun is the most narcisstic person alive), he’s athletic, he’s tall, he probably has it all but a brain to think straight.

Minding your own business, you changed into your gym attire. Too preoccupied with changing, you didn’t see Eunmi making her way to you. You yelp when you feel someone poking your waist and you look up to see Eunmi smiling sheepishly at you. You actually wanted to punch the person bothering you earlier but seeing that it’s Eunmi, your mood changed 189 degrees, tremendously happy that she’s here with you.

Today’s PE lesson is combining all five class in your year as there is a little tournament going on. You actually not so sure what games will be played but one thing for sure, you’ll be sitting in the audience cheering for Sehun and your other classmates, maybe even Eunmi if she takes part in any games. You doubt that she would though because she has a headband on, with Sehun’s name and a slogan that has her class written, rather ironically.

During competitions like this, usually it gets very competitive even though everyone gets along with one another pretty well, this tournament might be the cause of a broken friendship. You can still precisely remember, as if it has only happened yesterday that last year you were ambushed and mobbed by girls from the class next door because your class has won a dodgeball match against them. It’s not even an exaggeration—this is how bad it gets during these tournament and it’s not even sports day. It’s the world’s biggest mystery after the Bermuda triangle that the school haven’t abolished this stupid tournament yet.

Oh, don’t even get into sports day; it’d take a fortnight to list all the mishaps that happened after sports day take place. You’re walking with Eunmi, a matching headband on your head, on the way to the basketball court to cheer on Sehun. From your seat, you can see Sehun talking to Chanyeol, probably talking about tactics on how to win this match. As if he could sense your pair of eyes looking at him, he turn around and look at you, smiling slightly taking in the ridiculous headband you’re wearing.

You waved at him enthusiastically at him mouthing ‘you can do it’, even though he probably can’t understand what you’re saying. And you were tight. His face scrunched up, his eyebrows joining as he tries to figure out the words you’re saying. Mouthing it again with bigger mouth movements, you try to deliver this message of encouragement to him and once again, his face scrunched up in perplexed and his hands laid out in front of him, asking you what the hell you’re saying.

You roll your eyes exasperatedly and waving your hand, dismissing it. If you didn’t stop, this might go on forever and interrupt the game. The whistle blew, indicating that the game has officially begin. Nervously, you bit your bottom lip, afraid that you might not win this match. It’s pretty important for Sehun to win this match as he needs to prove to his team that he is a competent member of the school’s basketball team.

You saw the ball being dribbled before it was passed to Chanyeol. To his advantage of having extremely long legs, his strides are longer which means that it was quite hard for the opposite team to catch up to him. Skillfully, he delivered the ball to Sehun and as if he has been waiting for his time to shine, he jumped slightly to receive the ball and shoot it into the direction of the hoop, scoring a three-pointer for his team. You stand up and cheered in glee, forgetting the glares you’re receiving from the supporters of the opposite team (which is Eunmi’s classmates).

While you’re celebrating the shoot that Sehun has made, Eunmi is fidgeting in her seat, unsure whether she should celebrate or not. You wiggled your eyebrows, happy that your class is leading and that made Eunmi pinch you in the arm. You’re about to retaliate but when you see the look on Eunmi’s face, as if saying that you deserve that, you plopped back in your seat because serves you right for making fun of her.

The match continues and the ball is being thrown from one person to another. Sehun passed the ball to one of his teammates but unfortunately, it was intercepted by a member of the opposite team. He dribbled the ball halfway through the court and passed it to . Despite Kibum’s attempt to shield the basketball system, he scored a goal, much to your dislike. Eunmi stand up, wiggling slightly and stick her tongue out at you as a payback to you. She laughs when she sees how annoyed you look. “I’m joking, don’t you dare to break our friendship because of this.” She says, still laughing from the look on your face. As the game continue, you realised how skilled Sehun is when it comes to basketball. This is definitely the results of his hour-long practice and knowing how diligently he trains, you’re glad that this game is going smoothly. But you can never be too sure in life because you heard Eunmi scream your name, making you look at her direction, only to be greeted with a hit on your head by the ball thrown. You’re so sure that you’ll be teased forever regarding this incident but before you even have the time to think about the consequences, you out and fall onto the ground. This is definitely not a peaceful morning, you concluded.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N Hello everyone, long time no see! I'm sorry for ditching aff and neglecting this story but I've been EXTREMELY busy with school. I'm also terribly sorry that I'm back with a really short chapter and I haven't even proofread yet so please forgive me adn pardon me for any mistakes that I made. Nonetheless I hope that you enjoy and as always, comments are very much welcome!! See you soon.