Chapter Six: Back To Reality

In love with a Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That night, Kim was left so restless. Her drinking a few hours ago didn’t helped much putting her to sleep. It’s almost midnight, she was too tired and beat all over with all the activities they have the whole day and the unexpected incident. Yet, she found herself tossing and turning on her bed. Her mind kept wide awake with the thoughts of Aom’s sweet gestures to her and Mike’s sudden appearance just like a nightmare. It was supposed to be an almost perfect getaway when suddenly ruined by her unwanted guest. When she couldn’t take it anymore, she walked out of the room to the fridge. She took a bottle of beer from the fridge with her and walks out to the veranda. As she gulped on her beer, she lay on her back at the deck chair gazing up to the crescent moon. It is indeed a cloudless night sky.

“Oh god, why does history repeat itself? Why does it hurt so much… again? Why are we so near, just a breath away yet so far?” she whispered to herself still looking up as if the moon would answer back to all her queries. ‘I thought I’m over her. I have moved on.’ Thousands of whys and how’s kept her mind boggling without answers. She knew exactly where she stands from that moment she saw Mike, but the truth slapped her bitterly; she can no longer contain her bitter feelings of resentment towards Mike. She wanted Aom for herself.

“I thought I’ve forgotten how I felt for you. Why is it so hard for me to forget you? Why is it this stubborn heart beats tremendously only for you… even it hurts me so bad that it shreds my heart to pieces.” She sat up to breath some air to somewhat her chest might explode any minute now. It seems the thin layer of air suffocates her fast to her death.

She felt the utmost pain struck her heart. Her eyes start to well up and tears fall uncontrollably as the memory flashed back once more. She buried her face on her palms, hating herself for loving Aom so much. She beat forcefully once, twice, thrice of punches on her chest to punish her heart; why it felt the way it did. Why fate is so unfair with her?

“You know dude; you cannot choose who to love… but the heart does. And she chose her, for a reason your heart only knows.” A familiar voice suddenly echoed in the silence of the night. Zee came out of the door holding yet another beer, sat next to her giving a gentle tap on her broad shoulder.

“I feel you, dude” Zee added.

“Why does it hurt so much, Zee?” she exhales her angst out in a melancholic voice wiping her tears with her hands like a child.

“It’s a price of loving someone so much, Kim… that you forgot to give yourself a chance the happiness you also deserve. It’s a matter of choices. Being in love doesn’t always gives you the happy feelings. It can also rip you down to pieces. However, Love is a SACRIFICE; you think first of other’s happiness before yours.”

“At times, it knocks you hard and fall down unto your knees, but you have to endure all the pain. Cry a million tears but eventually, you have to stand up and shine once again. Sometimes, it also smacks you right in the face with a painful reality, so that you may appreciate the true meaning of love. Those battle scars you have proved how noble your love can be for her. But only TIME itself, can tell how beautiful love can be.” Zee explained the longest like a true wise poet and sighed heavily letting out her deep thoughts on the matter, then took a drink from her bottle. She gazed at Kim seated next to her, who indeed looked messed up in her star-crossed affair.

“Look, I’m not in the right position to tell you what to do or what not. You may not understand it right now but in the end you’ll understand that everything happens for a certain reason.” Zee says, convincing her.

“I thought, it’ll be just easy for me to just let go of it... what am I supposed to do when all my feelings came back rushing and stealing all the senses in me, now that I saw her once again, how am I gonna get over her when she told me to wait for her.” she said confusingly and buried her face in her palms once again.

“It’s all up to you… you both may have loved each other at the wrong time. It’s not a matter of destiny or fate, but it’s the decisions we make. If you choose to love her until then, you have to endure the pain. That’s what you call ‘sacrifice’. But if you choose to let it go and live the life you deserve without her, it’s still a choice to make. Kim, the road to happiness is not always an easy and smooth path, but not always the right thing to do. You, sometimes have to understand the situations for the both of you and what she has to say on her part. Maybe, it’s not only you who suffered the most but also her has to endure everything, so that both of you will find each other’s arms in the end. You may not see it as crystal clear as today but someday. At the right time, it will give you the answers you’ve been waiting for.” She put arm on Kim’s shoulders and shake it a bit to ease her feelings. She knew well, it’ll be hard for Kim to move on once again.

“Don’t give me those false hopes, Zee…” she heaved.

“I’m not giving you false hopes here, dude. All I’m telling you is …you just have to have faith in both of you. If you believe you are meant for each other, then, you have the right to trust your destiny!” Zee raises her hand in surrender.

“I really don’t know. I’m not hoping for that either…it’s just too complicated.”

“Then why do you love to torture yourself with this matter; if you don’t believe neither for the both of you?” Zee retorted with a deadpan expression on her face. Kim was silent for a few moments as if collecting her thoughts whether is it really a torture on her part or is it what you call stupid love.

“So, you’re telling me you’re giving up on her? She’s just engaged, not married.”

“I love her with all my heart… I just can’t find any reason why… I just do…it doesn’t matter anymore if she doesn’t reciprocate that love for me… I’ll be contented just to see her happy to whatever decisions she will make.”  

 “That’s what you call MARTYRDOM, dude. Tsk! Do you have a death wish or something?” She flicked her tongue with great annoyance reflected in her words. Her cousin here is some kind of a martyr; who on earth would wait for someone without an assurance that they will be together in the end; thinking this girl is soon to be wed with some other guy. Rather its foolishness runs through her veins though; ‘oh love, what have you done to Kim...’

 

________________

 

 

Everyone was all packed and ready to go. They all checked out from the resort and are waiting impatiently at the dock for their ride back to the marina and flight back to Bangkok. Even P’Nay and P’Klui have already checked out leaving Aom behind with Mike for another few days at the resort. Kim was all eyes looking for a familiar face but saddened by the thought that Mike is with her. She hasn’t even got a chance to bid her goodbye… again. She has to move on with her life and let things fall into their right places at the right time as fate have redirected its path for them.

The speed boat has already arrived at the dock and everyone climbed and ready to go. As the speed boat sped away, Kim took a gaze for the last time at the resort before it fades away from her view. She felt a sudden feeling of grief thinking about her memories she shared with Aom during their stay.

‘This would be one of my favorite memories I would forever treasure because of you…’ Kim uttered to herself never averted her eyes from the fading view.

“Don’t worry too much kiddo, everything’s gonna be alright. I can feel it.” P’Nay said pressing gently on her right shoulder still looking at the fading view of the resort with a reassuring smile at her.

 

Before Kim realized, they we’re already in Bangkok and out of the departure area of the airport. Hongyok, together with her sister Fern, Mario and Nan went ahead and bid their goodbyes. The three will be staying at her place before flying back to LA. While Kim, Zee, Dew and Shone would stay at Kim’s sister’s place, P’Air. P’Nay and P’Klui also bid their goodbyes and head out of the airport.

“Thanks for the great time spent with you P’Nay…P’Klui…I’ll see you when I see you two again.” Kim hugged P’Nay and P’Klui for the last time.

“Just give us a call whenever you need us, kiddo. We got your back. See yah!” they wave their goodbyes and head out for the exit.

 

 

_____________

 

 

While at the resort, Mike and Aom were having their afternoon tea at the nearest coffee shop. Aom was silent having her deep thoughts gazing through the window unto the vast ocean. She thought of Kim, their memories together and how did Mike found out where she is at the moment and those paparazzi lurking around. These matters have been stressing her out. Never did she know that seeing her with Kim has already gone viral news on social media and tabloids. The news have made ruckus on the net.

“We’re leaving tomorrow morning. We got to meet the wedding planner and your designer in the afternoon. I already booked us the flight back to Bangkok.” Mike informed her that snapped her from her reverie to reality. Either she wasn’t ready with this wedding or the confusion in her feelings wasn’t settled down yet.

“Why are you such in a hurry about this wedding, huh? It doesn’t mean when I say I’m engaged to you, we’d get married right away like the next day.” Aom stated sarcastically.

“And how on earth did you find where I am? I just want to have some peace of mind and alone time with myself for a few days. Everything was so abrupt. I have so much on my plate and I can’t seem to take the pressure anymore. And besides, seeing Kim here was not in my plans. If that’s what you think.” She recoiled sharply. Her eyes darting, glaring at him with so much bottled-up rage. She was really irritated with Mike being such a dictator in their relationship. She felt suffocated being with him. She felt deprived from her freedom and privacy for her intimate moment with herself. Mike has pushed her to her edge this time.

“What do you mean by that?” Mike asked her with painted confusions on his face. He noticed that Aom had changed since yesterday’s meeting with Tina, he means - Kim. It was really a shocked knowing all of a sudden Kim would just pop out of nowhere and unfortunately, she’s with her beloved Aom.

“You didn’t even tell K’Tae where the hell you are. What is it with you?” he asks. His voice is a bit higher than his normal. He’s mad. “You seem so grumpy all of a sudden? Did something happen between the two of you? Tell me,” Mike added choking up on his own words. He’s angered with Aom’s behavior lately.

“There’s nothing. I already said it Mike. Is it not enough for your understanding? Or your mouth is bigger than your brain? I’m sorry, but I need more time. Don’t rush me with all these planning and whatnots. And don’t be such a dictator, I don’t like it.” She says madly. She cringed irritably at Mike. She quickly stood up from her chair making a sickening sound. She head towards the exits walking with longer strides directly to her villa. The same villa which Kim has reserved and was already extended the payment for her stay at the resort. Mike came following her briskly to the villa, angered with what Aom said earlier.

 “Let’s talk. I want the truth now, Aom.” Mike insisted pulling her arm forcefully. He grips her hand making her turned to face him upfront. Anger and resentment traced on his red painted face.

“Mike, my arm,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter