we're not friends

we're not friends

Siwan's obsession with her was getting out of control. Time and time again, she finds herself turning him down. She’s actually surprised at his relentless behavior and is getting very much tired of it. But of course, Taeyeon being Taeyeon, has a difficult time being too straight-forward with him when it comes to telling him to leave her alone.

Baekhyun being Baekhyun, as one of her greatest friends, has been trying to get her to leave it in his hands so he could deal with it for her. Though she appreciates how protective of her he is, she knows she can’t possibly let him do that.

The story of Byun Baekhyun and Kim Taeyeon dates back to middle school, ever since he moved from Wanmi-gu to Seoul. The two were always seen together, acting as if they’ve been in a relationship for years (and the fools don’t even know it.) It was just a matter of time for them to come to terms with their feelings but considering it’s been so long already, the rest of their friends were sure they’d spend the rest of their lives tip-toeing around each other when it comes to anything more than their platonic feelings for each other.

Does Taeyeon have a crush on Baekhyun? Not that she’d ever ever ever admit it outloud, she most definitely did. But there was no way in hell, she’d ever tell him. He was just so out of her league & she was just lucky that he even continued staying friends with her even with all the girls that try to get his attention all the time. 

“What are you gonna wear to the party at Kai’s tonight?” Tiffany asks as Taeyeon begins twisting her lock to open up her locker.

“Hm, I don’t know. You wanna come over after school and get ready together?”

“Is that even a question?”

The blonde grins at her best friend as she begins putting away her books and shoving the things she needed for the weekend. As soon as she closes her locker shut, she turns on her heel to almost bump into the one and only– Siwon. She yelps in surprise, jumping back to her locker. “Siwon,” She breathes in greeting, her gaze flickering over to Tiffany who’s staring at him as if he had two heads.  Over Tiffany's shoulder, a few feet away she takes note of Baekhyun, Sehun, Kai, and Chen standing there and watching the interaction.

“Hey, so I heard you were going to Kai's party tonight– I was wondering if we could go together, as a date maybe?”

“Oh, um, I’m sorry–” As she starts to turn him down, a familiar male’s voice intervenes.

“She can’t.”

They turn to see Baekhyun standing there, with Kai, Sehun, Chen behind him watching with amused and curious expressions.

“Why not, Byun?” Siwan challenges, turning to look at the taller male.

“I don’t really know why I’d let you take my girlfriend out to a party,” He tells him, stepping aside to wrap his arm around Taeyeon's waist as if he was marking his territory.

There was a moment of silence as Taeyeon's eyes widen slightly, as she turns to look at him. Rather than looking at her, he squeezes her waist slightly, hoping that she’d go along with it. Nobody really knows how to react because this was the most unpredictable thing that has happened in their little clique.

“Yeah, right,” Siwan scoffs when Taeyeon doesn’t speak up.

“Actually Siwan, that’s what I was going to tell you. I’m sorry but I can’t go with you because I’m with Baekhyun.”

“There’s something off and I’ll find out.”

Once he leaves, everyone begins to question what’s really been going on between the two. They wonder whether thats why Taeyeon has been avoiding Siwan all this time. Rather than responding to any of their inquiries, Baekhyun grabs Taeyeon's hand and leads her out of the school so the two could have a moment alone. The group is left dumbfounded as they watch the duo leave.

“What the heck was that, Baek?”

“Listen, he’s not leaving you alone. Enough is enough– I already can’t stand him and the fact that he’s always trying to hit on you, bothers the out of me.”  

There was something in his demeanor that she couldn’t decipher– it sounded a lot like jealousy but there was no way he was jealous of Siwan's advances.

Little did she know, the one and only reason Baekhyun dislikes Siwan is because the kid likes Taeyeon and makes it way too apparent. Considering he doesn’t have the courage to showcase his interest in the girl, he hates the fact that Siwan is able to.

“Alright, so now what?”

“We’re gonna go to Kai's party together and show Siwan that we are most definitely in a relationship.”

She takes a moment to scan his features, trying to figure out what the heck was going on in his head. “But we aren’t together.” It's as if she was trying to search for some sort of ulterior motive on his end.

“I know– I just don’t want him to bother you anymore,” He says, trying not to roll his eyes at his own lame excuse.

Later when the girls are getting ready, Tiffany has a hard time believing the little scene Baekhyun created earlier in front of Siwan. 

"So, I Sehun told me about what happen earlier," Yoona pipes up, turning to look at the girls. "Is it true?"

“Are you and Baekhyun really dating?” Tiffany asks, just as curious.

“He said it’s just to get Siwan to stop hounding me,” Taeyeon tells her best friends dejectedly, smoothing out her dress.

“Well, that’s stupid. I think he likes you, Taengo. Why else would he pretend to be your boyfriend? There’s so many ways to get rid of Siwan fricking Im.”

Taeyeon rolls her eyes and shakes her head, “There’s no way he likes me, Tiffany. He’s just being a good friend.”

Yoona shoots the shorter girl a pointed look. “I am more than convinced he likes you. He makes it so obvious.”

It doesn’t take the long for the three girls to finish getting ready and start making their way to Kai's house. Since it was their senior year of high school, there was a lot less stress when it came to getting any work done and definitely a lot more trust from their parents. So when Taeyeon had asked permission, it wasn’t that much of a hassle.

-

The night was filled with laughter and incredibly stupid jokes by the man of the hour himself, Kai. There were a lot more people that had showed up, though he knows he didn’t invite the entire school. Though they weren't dating, Tiffany was by Chen's side for majority of the night. The two had been flirting incessantly troughout the entire evening, but everyone guessed it was probably because of the spiked drinks and due to the fact that almost all their friends were paired off. 

Sehun had his arm draped around Yoona's shoulders, absently pressing his lips against her temple or her cheek every few minutes. The two had been dating for two years so the PDA went unnoticed. 

The most surprising couple of all-- Taeyeon and Baekhyun. Though everyone was slightly suspicious of the sudden announcement of their relationship, they decided not to question it as the blonde had spent most of her time seated on Baekhyun’s lap with his arms around her in the most natural and casual manner ever. Maybe it was due to the fact their walls had crumbled to do the advances and powerful effects of alcohol.

“I’m gonna get some water,” Taeyeon announces, a small grin touching her lips. Rising from Baekhyun’ lap, she couldn’t help but miss the warmth of his embrace when she walked out of the living room and into the kitchen to look for a bottle of water.

Baekhyun had followed her into the kitchen, a stupid grin playing across his lips as he watches her search through Kai's fridge. “What a view,” He jokes.

“Are you stalking me?” She turns around with a small smirk and a water bottle, making her way over to him.

“What if I said yes?”

“Then I’d say thats very Siwan Im of you.”

A small laugh escapes his lips as he shakes his head. “Please don’t say that.”

“I’ll try not to.”

With every comment that passed their lips, the two naturally began to close the distance between each other. There’s a brief moment of silence between them, hazy eyes grazing each other’s expressions for some sort of indication of how they felt.

“You look beautiful, by the way,” He tells her sincerely, almost blushing at the confession.

Speaking of blushing, heat rushes up to her cheeks as a pretty pink hue spreads across her cheeks. When she lifts her gaze, she notices Siwan starting to make his way to the kitchen and before she thinks through her decision, she fists the raven-haired boy's shirt in her small hand before tugging him downwards to meet pull his lips onto her own for a kiss. Expecting him to pull away, she was surprised when she felt him kiss her back.

His hands find her hips, gripping them slightly before pulling her closer to him. Never in his life did he ever think he’d be caught making out with the same girl he’s been dying to kiss since the moment they met.

Her arms slip around his neck, almost forgetting why she ever kissed him in the first place. The feeling of his lips moving against hers made her heart soar, making her feel things she never felt before. When she pulls away in need for air, she takes a second to look over his shoulder, taking note that the other male was finally gone. Hopefully he got the message that she wasn’t interested.

“He’s gone.”

“Huh?”

Baekhyun almost sounds just as breathless as she is, and when his dark hues meet her chestnut ones. Their heavy breaths intermingling as he continues to hold her flush against him. Even if she had just kissed him because of Siwan, he could give less of a at this point. He knew what he wanted and that was Kim Taeyeon. He couldn’t risk giving her up to someone else, never had he felt so confident about his feelings for her until now when she pressed her lips against his. It just felt so right.

“We’re still friends right?” She whispers, her eyes searching his for an answer.

He closes his eyes, grazing the tip of nose along the bridge of her nose. His lips hover over hers, grazing over them lightly. "We are not friends and you goddamn know it."

Her heart skips a beat when he takes with his own, kissing her with the strength and sureness of a man who knew what he wanted. He tasted like peppermint and alcohol, a little tart, a little minty. She sighs into the kiss when his arms tighten around the small of her waist.

“Dang, now I get what they say about high school parties,” Chen muses from the door frame.

As soon as his voice rings their ears, the two stumble away from each other, looking very much flushed and flustered.

Tiffany is standing there with wide open, unsure of whether she’s scarred from seeing her friends in such a compromising position or happy that she was right about what was going on between the two. “Well, I’m just gonna…” She trails off lamely, pointing behind her before leaving.

Chen stands there for a few moments, purposely making the entire situation unbearably awkward before Tiffany drags him out from behind.

When Taeyeon and Baekhyun look at each other again, the passion dissipates but the raw feelings are definitely there. There are shy smiles on their lips as they ignore the growing blush gracing their features.