Chapter 04

Haven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yujin smiled at the guy in front of her. “It’s nice to meet you Lee Donghae.” She got up from the bench and bowed.

“It’s nice to meet you too.” Donghae wanted to see the face hidden under the cap. He then noticed her suitcase and bag. “Are you going somewhere? Am I keeping you?”

Yujin tried to think of a plausible answer. She hadn’t thought of what to say to a stranger. She suddenly thought of Hana and a light bulb went off in her head. “No I’m actually...I’m…here visiting my cousin. She lives nearby.”

“Oh.” Donghae was about to thank her again when his cell phone started ringing. “Excuse me.” He pulled his phone out of his jacket pocket and looked at the name flashing across the screen: Lee Sungmin. Oh crap. He pressed his phone to his ear.

“Yes Sungmin?”

“Yah!” a voice screamed into the phone.

“Sungmin hold on.”

Donghae put his hand over the receiver and asked Yujin if she could hold the dogs’ leashes.

Yujin nodded and took the three different colored leashes into her hands. She sat back down on the small bench. She wondered who he was talking to. She watched Donghae walk back and forth in front of the bench.

“I know I’m late. I kind of lost the dogs, but I found them.” Donghae stopped and gave Yujin a small smile. He flinched as Sungmin screamed at him over the phone.

“I’m sorry. I’ll be there soon. Bye.” He slipped his phone back into his pocket and sat down next to Yujin.

“Yuhee, I have to go. Donghae bowed. “I hope you have fun visiting your cousin.”

“It was nice meeting you too Donghae.” Yujin bowed in return.

Donghae took Ari, Bada, and Teunshiri’s leashes out of Yujin’s hand. He bowed once more. “I hope we meet again Kim Yuhee. I want to see your face.” He winked at Yuhee and walked away from the bench.

Yujin smiled to herself. She had forgotten that she still had her hat on. It provided a good disguise.

Donghae’s words rang through her mind. I hope you have fun visiting your cousin. She would most definitely not be visiting her cousin. Yujin grabbed her suitcase and purse. She needed to go find a place to stay and a job.

---

Empress Haeyoung and Emperor Sangjin moved about their room getting ready for the day. There was a lot to be done.

A knock sounded on their bedroom door and Empress Haeyoung’s assistant stepped in with a white envelope.

“Your Highness, this was found just inside your sit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter