Memory

When the Matchmaker Fall In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A cold wind breeze touches his warm body, sending shiver to his spine as Joochan calmly walks by the roadside alone. The night is dark and windy, streetlights stand at the sides of the road, merely harmonizing to the stillness of the night. It is a total silence. Only his light footsteps can be heard together with the pumping of his heart. His breath is calm yet his brain is overloaded, pouring out endlessly like a full pail. A silent sigh greets the air, a slight smile drawn on his lips as Joochan scoop his headset from his pocket. He is about to put his headset on when a familiar thing catches his eyes right in the middle of the road. It is shiny and beautifully made with silver. The necklace is so charming and captivating to his eyes right from the start when he witnessed it, being displayed on Donghyun's beautiful neck. At the center is a bright red color like blood, blends harmoniously with the silver metal surrounding it. Joochan moves as fast as the wind, picking eagerly the said necklace. Mysteriously, it is as he thought. He smiled in tears as Joochan suddenly remembers Donghyun all over again. It had been months passed when he had laid his eyes on his bestfriend, his first love in his 20 years of existence.

 

His heart yearns for Donghyun's presence, his mind is full of thought of him yet the said guy has never been visible to his eyes again. A loud sound soon echoed on his ears, catching Joochan's attention from his deepening thoughts. Joochan is like a statue standing in the middle of the road, his body seems to be frozen as his eyes stare at the bright light heading towards him, horning so loud. His mind seems like it cannot respond from the coming truck towards him. Just slowly closing his eyes is the only way he do at the moment, hearing the sound moving closer and closer.

 

For the last seconds, just before the truck could hit Joochan in an instant speed, a hand quickly grabbed him in a very fast speed as if it was even faster than the lightning. It was fast and strong, Joochan felt a rather cold body, a strong grip on his waist and their position is quite awkward at sight. Joochan slowly open his eyes, a black hoodie greeted his eyes, but what made Joochan quiver is when a familiar face appear right in front of him. Eyes are widened, his mind doesn't even care to close his mouth, his hands trembled as he try to reach the pale cheeks of the latter yet the guy is fast enough to free their weird position they are in.

 

"D--- Don--Dong-hyunie?? Is that you?" Joochan blink once and twice as his gaze lingered more on the guy who wears full black from head to toe.

 

The said guy doesn't even spare Joochan a glance instead he just grab the necklace he's holding and quickly vanished in his very eyes. Joochan cannot believe what he had just witness, he looks bewildered in the road as he try to connect what just happened in a minute. His tears slowly flowed from his lonely eyes, biting his lips as he calm himself. He longs for Donghyun so much. How he missed to give him a hug and genuine smiles yet the time is just so cruel to him.

 

"I missed you! Donghyun-ah, please come back to me!! Don't leave me alone!!... Donghyun-ah, don't go!!"  Joochan shouted on top of his lung but only an echo answered him back.

 

**

 

With his long agony, Joochan finally opened his eyes with fresh tears running down his cheeks. His body felt so weak, his mind is like an empty space. Joochan feels like he just woken up from nothing, no memories are flashing in his memory even just a single one. His eyes scan his surrounding and it feels refreshing to see a pure white ceiling, a pure white wall with basket of fruits at the table beside his bed and beautiful flowers near the window. His head is aching a bit as he try to remember those people looking at him with teary eyes and smiling faces yet all he can remember is Donghyun whom he always dreamed of.

 

There are a lot of people around him but why he can't recognize them? He look at their faces, searching one particular face but he can't find the face of that guy in his dream. Who's that guy really? Was he just a dream, a character with no life or just his imagination? If that's the case, why does his heart aches everytime he thinks of that guy?

 

"Joochan-ah,  look at me. Can you recognize me?" The woman holds his hands with a wide smile drawn on her face, tears are freshly flowing from his eyes. Her warm touch is comfy and filled with love and care yet Joochan cannot remember anything about her.

 

"Joochan, I'm so glad you finally wake up." A guy uttered, patting the shoulder of the guy beside him.

 

Joochan stare at them with a confused look, his mind is like a blank sheet waiting for an ink to dip in. Queries are lining up in his brain but cannot process the way Joochan wanted to. Even a single detail about his identity is kinda mystery to himself too. What happened to him? Why does he can't remember any memory?

 

"Doctor, help us. He seems not to recognize us? What do we do?" 

 

"This is normal. He just woken up from 2 years coma so he has a temporary amnesia." 

 

"Do you know when he will recover his memories?"

 

"I'm not sure about it. Some tend to lost their memories because of brain damage but in his case, he lost it because of what happened to him. Don't worry, he will recover soon."

 

"Thank you so much, Doc. We owe you so much." They all bowed to the man who wears a white outfit as he step out from the door. It is full of sincerity, joy and thankfulness. It such a nice feeling.

 

Amnesia. The word strike his brain just by hearing it but what surprise Joochan even more is the word coma. Joochan felt like he just doze off for hours but then the reality hit him hard, forcing himself to remember once again what happened to him but failed in attempt. 2 years of laying down on the bed, looking so pitiful and weak, and now he regained consciousness, Joochan felt so lost and helpless after knowing he has a temporary amnesia. His heart felt so broken, tears soon dropped from his watery eyes and is being mixed with the dried tears on his cheeks.

 

7 months later...

 

Joochan recovered some of his lost memories yet he never remembered even a single moment about the guy in his dreams. The name Donghyun never failed to appear in almost all his dreams and it bothers him so much. Knowing the guy is too itchy to ignore yet all his efforts turns to waste not until he discovered a notebook under his bed. The notebook looks untouched for years upon seeing how dusty and old it is. Joochan wiped every dirt out and was amused to see how creative the notebook is -- well he is. It is colorful and captivating to see, just by looking at it makes him smile. What makes him catch his breath for a minute is the word Diary!

 

Yes, it was his diary!

 

It took a minute of silence when finally Joochan regained his wandering soul. His hands quickly flip the pages, his eyes are busy reading all the words written in every pages of the notebook, not missing any single word. Reading his diary suddenly makes him feel butterflies in his stomach, every word brings the fluttery he felt during those moments. It such a pity he forgot everything. A smile drawn on his lips as Joochan finally found out who Donghyun is and why he always dream about him even in his coma state. It such a beautiful moments he has yet his shameless heart dare to cross the line and it ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter