Truth or Dare

When the Matchmaker Fall In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Since that night, Donghyun and Joochan avoided each other. Jangjun and Daeyeol keep on teasing Joochan but he just ignored them. Every night, Joochan would go first followed by Donghyun without any conversation. They never walk nor eat together, it's either one of them would go first then the other followed after. They both wanted to explain what happened that night and why but in some point, why that kiss suddenly affected them?

Jibeom and Jaehyun noticed the sudden change in Joochan's behaviour. They used to see a cheerful and loud Joochan but then here they are, looking at him just silently sitting at his seat, barely talking to them. Just after their class one afternoon, they pulled Joochan in a corner. They just cant take watching him acting weird like that..

"Joochan, are you okay? Seems like there's something bothering you these days. What is it?" Jibeom stared as Joochan lowered his head just by hearing his question.

"I'm okay. Don't worry about me." 

Joochan lied again. 

Joochan didn't expect this to happen. He successfully fulfilled his role as the matchmaker to the past couples without violating the rule but now, even before he started the matchmaking plan, he had fallen in love to the target already. He wanted to stop but he doesn't want to disappoint his friend, Bomin.

There are a lot of things bothering him but one thing for sure, he is afraid that his role as the matchmaker of Bomin to Donghyun might be a failure just because of his stupid feelings toward the target. Just by thinking of it, he's much more afraid to face his friend if Bomin will find out about his feelings. Joochan admitted his mistakes for breaking his promise. Is this his punishment for being too proud as a matchmaker or Donghyun is just unexpectedly charming to him? After that night when he kissed Donghyun, he started to slapped himself into the reality that Donghyun is for Bomin only and not him. He is just their matchmaker at all.

"Don't fool us, Joochan. Was that because of the matchmaking plan?" Jaehyun asked in a straight forward manner. He somehow managed to observe how Donghyun and Joochan acting everytime they crossed each other in the school campus. Jaehyun is sure that Jibeom noticed it too, knowing them as strangers turned bestfriends, its possible theres something happened between them.

Joochan sighed. He sure can never fool this lovely couple.

"What's about that? Wait-- Did you violate the rule? I m-mean, you fell in love with the target? With Donghyun??" Jibeom asked excitedly after realizing what Jaehyun is trying to stress out, only being poked by his lover.

Jibeom sends him a questioning look but Jaehyun doesn't even spare him a sight.

Joochan was doomed. Now even Jibeom and Jaehyun knew his stupidity. How come he ends up with this mess? Well, its his fault after all. He needs to do something.

"What to do now? I don't want to disappoint Bomin. Do you think I can set them out together?" Joochan asked, lowering his head again because of guilt.

The couple stared each other for a moment, exhanging weird glances. After somewhat kind of staring contest between the two, Jaehyun finally cleared his throat, patting his left shoulder.

"We will help you but will it be okay to you?" Jaehyun asked, considering Joochan's feelings. Joochan just nodded quietly.

 

***

5 days passed yet the two bestfriends are still avoiding each other. Donghyun is always with Bomin while Joochan prefers to be alone. Bomin wondered why the two suddenly keep avoiding each other. He know they are bestfriends after Joochan joined the dance club but he find it weird, seeing the two never interact anymore. One day, when Donghyun went to buy food for them, Bomin approached Joochan who's spacing out again, chewing his food slowly as he can.

"Hyung, can we talk?" 

Joochan looked at him and smiled brightly as always.

"Of course. What is it, Bomin ah?"

"Is there something going on between you and Donghyun? I noticed that you never talked to each other like you are strangers to each other. What's really going on between you two?" The older nearly choked on his food just by hearing Donghyun's name.

Joochan paused for a moment. He suddenly lowered down his head as he realized that soon enough Bomin will find out about his hidden feelings. He doesn't want to lie but he thinks that this is not the time to reveal it. He sighed.

 

"There's nothing going on between us. We're just so tired. As you know, we're dormmates." Joochan answered with a fake smile.

 

He lied again. Is he applying for the best liar now?

 

"I see." Bomin smiled. He is really happy to be a friend of Joochan and now because of him, Donghyun always talk to him not like before. During the past weeks, they often hang out together and eat together. The other dancers wondered how the three of them got close but that's what happened. If he didn't ask Joochan to be their matchmaker, Donghyun might not noticed him forever.

 

"Thank you, hyung. Because of you, Donghyun hyung is now my friend. I just hoped that someday he will notice my love for him. I also hope that you will find the one for you also." Bomin cannot hide his smile as he talk about Donghyun, felt so fluttered everytime he thinks of him being together.

Joochan just smiled as he thinks... If only you know...

Joochan is feeling guilty again all over again. Hearing how desperate Bomin is, he decided to just focus on his plan and ignore his feelings even he's 100% sure that he will get hurt at the end. He believe that he and Donghyun are really not meant to be together so as soon as the younger leave him, smilingly heads toward Donghyun at the other side, he texted Jaehyun.

"I made my decision. Let's do it this weekend. Help me."

"No regrets, bro."

Their practice ended but this time, they walked together because of Bomin's request to them. Their walk is so silent yet comfortable as they both secretly spare a glance if they think the latter is not staring. They reached their dorm to witness Daeyeol and Jangjun watching a romantic, comedy movie together. They even had their popcorns on their laps.

"Oh, this is the first time you went home together, huh. Come and join us." Daeyeol invited them with a teasing smile.

They both jumped on the sofa together. They silently laughed and smiled as they watched the movie but then suddenly there's a kissing scene. Joochan and Donghyun suddenly remembered their first kiss that night. In realization, they both turned and stare at each other for the first time after 5 days of avoiding each other. They stared for a moment until Jangjun interrupted them.

 

"Don't tell us you're going to kiss each other right now? Unless you already did it." Jangjun coughs annoyingly, eyeing the two whose cheeks are so fluttered red.

They both look away. Donghyun had his hand on his nape, feeling so awkward while Joochan clears his throat as fast as he can, nudging Jangjun at the side.

"N-Nonsense. W-Why w-would we do that, hyung?" He somewhat stuttered even how hard he tried not to.

"Then why would you react like that?" Daeyeol asked teasingly, sending winks as he grin even more.

"Believe what you want to believe, hyung.. " Joochan cooly said as he walked out and went into their room. 

 

Joochan sat on their bed with a deep thought. Just what on the world would they both look at each other at the same time in that kissing scene? He lied down with a frown. He should not be thinking this. He should be thinking about Bomin and Donghyun as a matchmaker.

"Donghyun is for Bomin only. Bomin is for Donghyun only. Donghyun is not for you, but for Bomin so better stop it, Joochan" He said to himself in silence.

 

He keep on repeating those words in his mind until someone cleared his throat.

 

"Can we talk?" Joochan turned to see Donghyun sitting behind him.

Joochan stare at Donghyun and he looks serious enough. He really wanted to talk about what happened that night but he hesitated for days. Now he think this is the right time to talk about it for their plan in the weekend will be comfortable and successful. He then sit and face Donghyun with a faint smile.

"About the kiss, can we talk about it?" Donghyun shyly asked.

 

"Well, that kiss-- " Joochan paused for a minute and slowly stare at Donghyun's eyes. There is the fluttery inside him again. How he missed to look at those beautiful eyes of him. It is such a pity that he cannot look at it as long as he want..

"I'm sorry. I didn't intend to kiss you that night. I should have not done that. I'm really sorry."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter