Part Two.

One Day

PART TWO


You yawn quietly, rolling over in bed. You smile with your lips overlooking his adorable features squished against the pillow. You bring yourself in closer to him while he rolls to his back in his sleep. Resting your cheek to his bare shoulder and tangling your legs with his that aren’t under the covers you smile.

Slowly he comes to his senses, blinking a couple times while staring at the ceiling. Your eyes are round while watching him cutely wake up. Baby~~ With your index finger you poke his cheek and he shifts to his side wrapping his arms around you and kissing the tip of your nose. You wrinkle your nose in response and peck his lips softly.

You yawn again and shut your eyes, tucking your head in under his chin. His one hand massages your back gently in small circles while the other holds your head in place like a cradle. Your lips curve while his press warmly to your forehead.

“Baby-”

“Mmm”

“You feel like breakfast?” he asks you kindly.

“I could” you giggle a little. You’re still tired and would rather spend a few minutes longer in bed, but if he’s offering to make breakfast, you’re not going to stop him.

“You can stay in and rest, I’ll come get you when it’s ready” he speaks leaning away from you enough to look you in the eyes, you blink with heavy eyelids.

“Okay babe” you smile sleepily. He pecks your smile and gets out of bed. You watch him swing a navy blue zip up hoodie over his bare abdomen and slide a pair of pink bunny slippers over his bare feet.

You close your eyes and drift into a small rest while you wait for him to come and truly wake you for breakfast.

 

. . .

 

“Psst, baby” you feel his lips soft against your temple. You smile and roll onto your back looking up at him leaning over you. He tucks a peice of your hair behind your ear and you yawn stretching your arms up above you… due to my dinosaur screech while stretching, the cute moment is gone.
He chuckles at you while you tiredly stumble out of bed and into your matching pink bunny slippers. You, without his permission, not like it’s needed; grab one of his hoodies throwing it on over your tank top. You throw your hair up into a messy bun and put on our glasses to not be blind as a bat.

You turn to face your boyfriend with a derpy smile across your lips. He shakes his head and throws and arm over your shoulder leading you out of the bedroom.

You sniff their air multiple times as you approach the kitchen, it’s scent is enticing and very appetizing. You look at the kitchen and it’s mess, your eyes widening. Packaged pancake boxes, three pans and jars of who knows what scattered over the counters. You shake your head; and not to be misunderstood, you’re very appreciative of his effort but the kitchen is quite the mess.

“You didn’t see that” he jokes, covering your eyes with one of his hands from behind. He turn you into the living room and walks a blind you to the living room. “Keep your eyes closed” he instructs, assisting you to a seat on the sofa. “Your eyes are closed right?” he asks, and you can just imagine him waving a hand in front of your shut eyes. You playfully squeeze your lids tightly and he chuckles.
You hear him prance away from you and return in no time. “Okay-” he begins and you hear a couple plates be placed to the wooden coffee table. You smile a giggle in anticipation, and with a “TA DAH!” from him you open your eyes.

Your jaw drops a little seeing his cute creativity. You can’t help but “awwe~” outloud to his homemade breakfast. Your eyes overlook the meal. There’s two plates with three fluffy pancakes; each with what seems like strawberry jam spread in a heart on top of them. A small glass bowl of cinnamon heart candies sits in between the plates. And behind everything is two full glasses of strawberry milk. It’s all so perfect for Valentine’s Day.

“You’re the cutest” you speak with a bright smile. He smiles proud of himself.

He joins you on the couch. You watch him playfully kiss the end of a fork before handing it to you. “You’re so weird” you chuckle taking the fork from him. He shrugs and you both begin eating your breakfast while chatting in between bites like you always do.

 

You finish two and a half of the three pancakes insisting that he eat the other half. He doesn’t argue and you chuckle playing with his hair while he finishes off the small bit of pancake. You sip at the last little bit of your milk. Looking at the finished breakfast you lean against him. He pulls you with him, laying down over the cousins. You lay atop his chest and giggle girlishly.

You kiss him sweetly and deeply. I love this.

Your eyes watch his hand reach out and grab a pink piece of paper off the coffee table. You hadn't even noticed the paper sitting there. You furrow your eyebrows and the both of you sit up.

“Y/N, will you be my valentine?” you take the paper from his fingertips and smile with a raised eyebrow.

You unfold the paper and read it’s contents.

You look to Daniel and blink. Is he serious? The page read what he really did plan for you to do today, for Valentines Day. You’re honestly surprised. You don't expect a guy to treat you to such lavish things and last time he did this was New Years and you at least we’re told that you’d be going somewhere a little more formal. Now though; you’re shocked at what kind of a date he has planned.

He’s taking you into the big city, to a fairly formal dining restaurant; one you’ve mentioned for months that you’ve wanted to go. It’s not too extravagant or unusual but it’s enough for you to be a little taken back.

“What? Did you really think all I had planned was some pancakes and strawberry milk?” he chuckles at your expression.

“And cinnamon hearts” you joke, popping one of the candis into your mouth.

“Right” he laughs. “So-” There’s more…?

He stands and holds a hand out to you. You give him your hand and he leads you back to the bedroom.

“This is for you” he smiles, and you let go of his hand. He steps forward sliding open his closet door. Your eyes widen. This man.. He’s joking right??

“You’re kidding?” you ask in all seriousness. Your eyes looking at the white dress bag hanging and black shoe box beneath in.

“No, I had a few of your friends help me, so I know for sure you’ll like it” he says and you remember back to about a week ago when you went out with two of your friends ‘dress shopping’. Your one friend said the shopping trip was for her, but the three of you tried on dresses for fun; Clearly the goal was for them to find out which dress you liked best for yourself; and this would be it?

“Daniel” you speak his name. He chuckles. “Kang- Daniel” you’re beyond taken back.

“I love you” he kisses your forehead and you let out a deep breath.

“I gotta run out, but I’ll be back and ready for four, so if you could be all ready for then too, that’d be perfect” he winks and skips from the room. You still stand in shock.

It’s just after noon now, so that leaves you a good amount of time to put the effort into yourself.

“Dan-” you prance after him but your words are stopped by his lips crashing into yours. “Today is for you baby, don't be so shocked” he chuckles and kisses your forehead again. “Happy Valentines” he smiles and you watch him exit.

“Is he real? Non-fictional?” you joke outloud to yourself.

 

You return back to his bedroom and take down the dress bag and grab the shoe box. You place both to his bed.

ping the bag, you reveal the one dress you absolutely loved when you went out with your friends. It’s a pale blue aline fit dress with a pink and burgundy floral pattern and a sweetheart neckline. You open the shoe box to see a pair of perfectly matched high heels in the same colour pink as the flowers on the dress.

 

You take the time to fully wash up with a warm shower. You dry, curl and style your hair. Pinning back only a small piece to keep it out of your face. You apply your makeup easily, making sure that the look matches perfectly with your new outfit; just a soft coloured eye and natural pink lip.

You look at the time on your phone screen, it’s just about four. You’re not sure how time passed by so quick; I guess maybe it’s how long you took in the shower or just how often you took breaks here and there in getting ready to text a friend or watch whatever typical home renovation program is playing on the television.

You sigh taking a look at your dolled up face and hair in the mirror. You skip back to the bedroom, taking the dress out of it’s bag. You slide into it, along with a pair of barely noticable nylons. Easily zipping it up you walk back to the washroom, grabbing your necklace off the side table before doing so.

You smile looking at yourself in the mirror. You clip the necklace around your neck and your smile grows a little bit wider seeing the key hang between your collarbones.

 

“Babe~” you hear Daniel’s voice echo through the apartment. “Are you ready?-” he continues. You skip from the washroom being careful not to slip in your nylons over the hardwood. Prancing into the bedroom you throw on a white knit cardigan to keep warm, and grab the subtle glittery shoes.
Leaving the room, you practically slide down the hallway and to the front entrance.

“We should leave so that we’re-” Daniel’s speech stops as he catches a first look at you.

“Wow” he speaks honestly.
Wow is right. Your eyes trail him up and down. He stands wearing nicely fitted black jeans, a white dress shirt and burgundy vest fitted perfectly to his build. He holds a bouquet of pink and white flowers with both hands and his yes smile in that cute way you love so much. You’re lips curve and you feel the apples of your cheeks heat up while looking at him.

“You look beautiful” he compliments.

“As do you-” you freeze. “No.. I mean, like-” he laughs at you. “Handsome” you finish with a sigh. He chuckles and steps closer to you handing you the flowers. You smell the blossoms and thank him for the gesture.

You look closer at him. Give it to him now.

“Babe, can I give you my gift now?”

“You got me a gift?” he asks, honestly.

“Of course” you smile with raised brows and shrug a little. “I’m gonna go grab it” you skip off back to the bedroom, again being careful not to slip on the hardwood.

Putting the flowers down on the bed and grabbing a black and gold box from your purse you run back to the entrance.

“Here, happy Valentines baby” you hand him the box.

“Is this?” his eyes widen a little.

“Open it” you huff.

He gently opens the box to reveal the perfect watch for him. A dark face with just enough gold accents to make it pop.

“Thank you Y/N, it’s amazing” he seems to really like it.

“I just thought you could wear it tonight” you add girlishly.

“I will” he speaks pulling the wristwatch from it’s packaging. You bite your lip in anticipation.

His hands turn the watch over and you begin to giggle.

“Y/N” he speaks in almost a disbelief.

“Yes?” you playfully respond.

“The key to your heart?” his eyes don’t leave the watch’s back that has an engraved image of a key, matching to the one you wear around your neck.

“Yes, and it’s on a watch, so that you-” you pause and watch him put the watch on his wrist. “Have it all the time” you smile at your reasoning. His smile grows and he steps forward pulling you into a hug.

“I also have a gift, but you’ll get that later”

“Isn’t this all your gift?” your eyebrows furrow referring to the breakfast, dinner, full outfit and flowers.

“The last part will come later” he smirks and your eyes widen. Daniel...

You slide on your shoes and grab ahold of his hand. Together you leave the apartment.