Part One.

One Day

PART ONE


“Seongwu!” your close friend yells playfully chasing after her boyfriend who happens to be Daniel’s best friend. You chuckle watching the two who've only been dating for a little over a week. Whereas for you and Daniel, you’ve been dating now for just over a month; 44 days to be exact.

You calm your chuckles and look up to Daniel at your side, you’re so thankful to finally be with him. Gosh he’s handsome. You look down at your hands intertwined at your side while you walk.

“Baby-” he starts.

“Hmm?” you hum, your eyes still watching your hands swing gently together.

“Tomorrow-”

“Guys! Come here!” Seongwu interrupts Daniel, catching both of your attentions.

You scoff a little and hand in hand you are guided by your boyfriend to meet with the other couple.

“Why’d you want us over here?” you don’t hesitate to ask, since you wanted to know what Daniel was going to say.

“I’m hungry, let’s get food” Seongwu points with his thumb into a small cafe. You and Daniel nod. Seongwu takes a grip on F/N’s hand and enters the cafe. You follow the other couple indoors.

Daniel pulls out a chair for you while walking to his own seat. A gentleman, as always.

You thank him with a subtle wink and smile.

“What do you guys want? I’ll order” Seongwu who’s clearly starving questions and you, Daniel and your friend answer with simple orders.

“Got it, be right back” Seongwu skips off.

Daniel rests his hand atop your hand that’s on the table. You giggle quietly as your hand practically disappears under his. Your eyes look towards him who smiles with his lips over at you. Shyly you look away but lean yourself closer to him girlishly.

A couple minutes go by and your close friend who sits across from you scrolls on her phone and Daniel next to you scrolls on his. Your’s and Daniel’s hands on the table have shifted and now you trace small hearts and words over the back of his palm with the tip of your finger. Your eyes witch his phone screen, as he scrolls through the many photos you have taken with on another looking for one to change his KakaoTalk display picture to. That one Daniel! No. Yeah that one. You casually have a one person conversation with him in your head while watching him select photos to preview them.

Seongwu returns to the table with two trays of food and drinks. “Daniel, Y/N, F/N” he mumbles under his breath while distributing the orders to the correct people.

He takes his seat and the four of you begin eating your muffins and bagels.

“So, do you guys have any Valentine’s plans?” your friend begins a conversation. Do we?

Tomorrow is Valentines and although you and Daniel have been dating for about a month and a half; and as a couple it’s expected you do something a little special for Valentine’s Day, you haven’t talked much about it. You know that you’re staying the night at his place tonight and Valentine’s night, but other than that, you haven’t planned to do anything besides stay home and probably watch a movie or two.

“No, I think just staying in” you chuckle, looking at Daniel with questioning eyebrows.

“Yeah, just staying in” he agrees with you.

 

~ ~ ~

 

“... with coke to drink” Daniel sums up his and your dinner orders.

Pulling up in the drive thru he pays and takes the brown paper bags with a ‘thank you’.

He begins driving back to his apartment, the scent of the takeout hamburgers filling the vehicle. He sings along to the songs playing fairly loud over the radio and you can’t help but giggle as he purposely doesn’t hit the notes properly.

“You know, I like these moments” he begins looking over at you in the passenger’s seat.

“These moments?”

“Yeah, moments like this; where I can let loose, when I make you laugh, when, even when we’re both about to stuff our faces with fast food and lounge around in pajamas and messy hair we can still look at one another and say ‘you’re perfect’”

You smile at his words. “I like these moments too”

He smiles that charming smile of his and you look down at the food bags and drink tray on your lap.

He clears his throat hiding a chuckle. You raise one eyebrow at him and he holds back his laugh.

“What?” you raise a hand up to cup your cheek. Immediately as you feel it’s heat your eyes narrow in his direction.

“You and your rosy cheeks” he teases sticking out his tongue.

 

~ ~ ~

 

You follow Daniel up the stairs to his apartment. Entering in after him, you throw off your shoes. He carries the food bags to the kitchen counter while you carry the drinks.

“Movie?” he asks, unpacking the takeout. I mean, what else are you supposed to do, with nothing to watch on T.V? Might as well throw in a movie.

The two of you grab your meals and head to the living room, he takes a moment to settle on a movie, and since you have a similar taste in movies, you don’t feel the need to add your input in the selection; so you prance off to his bedroom and grab your pajamas that are folded nicely on his bed. Slipping into them and quickly patting them down on your skin.

He begins to giggle boyishly and you turn to face him walking into the room. He places his hands to your sides pulling you in closer and pecking you sweetly. He kisses you a little deeper and you smile under his lips. You lean away from his soft kiss and stick out your tongue.

“Hurry up, before dinner gets cold” you nag teasingly. He scoffs a laugh and you slip from his grip. He looks to you standing in the doorframe. You smile, a large smile and he smirks in return. Playfully you raise your eyebrows and skip from his view and back to the living room.

You take a seat on the sofa and look at the DVD case on the table top. You smile, it’s one of your absolute favourite movies. He knows me so well. Not too mention it’s a romance, so it’s perfect leading into Valentine’s Day.

He soon joins you on the couch, pressing play on the film. You smile at him basically thanking him for choosing the movie he did.

He was right; you both stuff your faces with burgers and fries. And even more right; you look over at him biting three french fries at once and giggle quietly. Yup, still perfect.

After eating, you both situate yourselves comfortably on the sofa. He leans back and you curl up beside him, resting your head on his shoulder and a hand to his chest. His arm stretches around you and your feet curl in behind you.

His eyes remain watching the movie flash over the screen, but your eyes gently trace his facial features. You smile more with your eyes than your mouth while looking up at him on slight angle.

He’s just perfect. To most people he’s just an average guy, with his hair messily parted over his forehead and a freckle by his eye; but to you he’s like superman, an alien, an angel; and you can't help but wonder how you ended up with such a man.

He glances down at you and you giggle, your smile growing a little more. His lips press gently to your forehead and you return to watching the movie.

“Happy Valentines, my love” he speaks, his voice low but sweeter than ever.

You look over at the clock across the room. It’s just turned midnight and you hold in a giggle.

“Happy Valentines”