Part Three.

One Day

PART THREE


“You know you don’t have to do these kinds of things for me? Right?” you begin a conversation as you walk hand in hand with Daniel into the fairly large restaurant. It’s brightly lit with crystals and stunning views.

“What do you mean?”

“I mean, like, buying me expensive things and taking me to places like this?”

“I know I don't have to, but I want to; both times I’ve done so have been for a special occasion, and even if it wasn’t a special occasion any day with you is special enough to do such things” he explains himself. A part of you wants him not to do such things, but you also like being spoiled.

“Besides, it’s fun for me too” he crinkles his nose and you smile.

A waiter leads you both to a table and you order drinks. You take a moment to overlook the menu and soon enough order your meals.

After eating, Daniel immediately picks up the dessert menu while a waiter clears your plates from the table.

“How do you still have room for dessert?” you chuckle.

“I don’t, I’m just buying us more time” he responds.

“Come” Daniel stands, insisting you link arms with him. You walk with him to the far side of the restaurant where not one person seems to be. The views get even better, water for as far as you can see out the floor to ceiling windows. Your eyes widen and look at the sun setting evenly over the water’s horizon.

Daniel clears his throat and you lean you cheek to his bicep pulling his arm in close to you with both your hands.

“This is for you” you turn looking at his hand holding out a small envelope. You narrow your eyes in confusion.

“I said your other gift would come later… it’s later” he chuckles.

You gingerly take the envelope from him. Peeling it’s heart sticker seal you open it and pull out it’s small note.

“Y/N, I could ramble on about how much I love you, but I feel like it’s enough if I just say I love you” he speaks as you unfold the baby pink coloured paper, similar to the note from earlier.

 

Today isn’t just about pancakes and strawberry milk,

But also about promises and love.

- Daniel

 

Your eyes read the words twice over before looking up at him smiling with his lips. Your eyes fall from his smile to his index and thumb pinching a small rose gold ring. Your jaw drops a little with a quiet gasp of shock.

“I promise wholeheartedly to love you, and if you accept, then I hope this promise ring will remind you of that vow each and everyday when you see it on your hand.” you hold back your tears, while your eyes look at ring.

You smile and nod. He smiles larger and you nod a little more noticeably.

“I promise, my love”

“As do I” you respond and he reaches picking up your hand from your side and sliding the ring over your finger. You smile largely.

“I love you” he speaks softly.

You practically jump forward, cupping his face with both your hands and pulling him into a kiss. A sweet and lengthy kiss. Pulling away in unisen you both smile. “I love you too” you whisper, your lips brushing over his while you speak. He pecks you and you drop your head to his chest. Wrapping your arms around his waist and looking out the window.

Kissing your forehead for probably the hundredth time today, he pulls away from your hug. “Should we get going, maybe go somewhere other than here?” he suggests.

“Like where?”

He smirks. “I have an idea”. Oh no…

You follow behind Daniel back to your table. Daniel grabs the bill and heads to the front desk to pay. You collect our things which you stupidly left unattended. You look at your hand, and at the ring. A promise; the start of our future. You smile.

“Alright, shall we?” his voice snaps you back into reality.

“Yes~ we shall” you girlishly giggle walking out into the cool air with him.

 

He drives a small distance to a nearby park. The same park you came to on New Year's after your dinner. This was your idea. You giggle in your head. He’s such a romantic. He parks and runs to open your door for you.

The two of you walk casually chatting along your walk into the park and along it’s paths.

You chuckle as you reach the same bench where you shared your first kiss and truly became a couple.

“Brings back memories huh?” he nudges you and you chuckle a little more.

You both take seats on the bench and look over the familiar surroundings.
“How much do you love me?” he asks boyishly. You giggle.

“A lot”

“Like to the moon and back?”

“Farther” you answer.

“Mars?”

“Even farther?”

“Like-”

“Infinity” you answer kissing his cheek quickly and throwing a leg over his. He laughs, as do you.

Your eyes look at the ring on your finger, shining brightly in the city street light. You look to him and as if you can read each other's mind you kiss.

“So, 45 days is all it took?” you say as a joke, referring to his promise. You look back down at the ring.

“No-” you shift your gaze back to him. “It only took one. I just had to buy a ring, and that took a little longer” he jokes and you both laugh.

“Only one day?” you play with him. Suddenly he becomes a little more serious.
“Yes” you smile at his handsomeness. “Just, one day”