Being his girlfriend

Evil Moon

 

"So, about your dat-"

"I know, I know. It's so unexpected, right?" A nervousness shakes through the whole of my body as a small sigh leaving my mouth. This is such a confusing situation where I myself don't know how to put it right. The moment she came after me is the reason why she wants something like fair clarification from me. I appreciate she just doesn't come into her own conclusion.

"So, What happened?" She straightly asks me.  

"I don't know. It-it's just happened so quickly. This thing is not something we really planned out but.. He.. Er me-"

"If you take a little notice, you know Nuri is the first person who are upset about this" Yohee cuts me off, probably can't stand over my stumble words. 

A deep sigh releases through my mouth "I'm sorry" That's all, I managed to utter now, watching my feet moving on the groud. 

She glances over me, a glimpse of sadness visible in my face. I'm truly sorry about it. Deeper in my heart, I nevet thought of betraying nor sadden anyone. It's not my thing, especially to my own friends.

"But it's not your fault either. Nuri never told us about her feeling. I think it will be better enough for you" She gives me a persuasive smile, don't really letting me feel as culpable and not entirely having me to blame.

"But I know of her little crush on him" I vaguely tell her. 

She nods " Surprisingly, Me neither" Then an amusing laugh slips off from "It's clearly obvious"

I just crack a bitter smile, half heart for a joke. She notices it and immediately nudging her shoulder with mine. "I believe, she will understand it sooner or later, but we just need time for it"

"Though, I feel like I am horrible friend now" I make another sigh again. 

Yohee shakes her head at my constantly put blame on myself. "I don't know you can be this stubborn" A loud groan escapes her lips. 

"Listen" She grabs both of my shoulders with a firm, drawing my eyes to focus on hers. The walk ceased for a while. The vehicles sound passing by through our ears, never distract us at all. 

"No matter what, the fact of you are dating jongup won't shift anybody including Nuri. She seriously can't do anything but accepting the fact itself. We both know, she can't-"

"It's not the point, Yohee-ah. I'm thinking of her feeling. I'm breaking her heart. That's what bothering me now. She starts to avoid me which hurting me so bad" I get hold of myself for not to burst my tears in front of her. 

Her clutching on my shoulders slowly loose before dropping on her sides. "But blaming yourself is not the option too. Like I've mentioned, she will be comprehend eventually but please just give some spaces for her. I believe she will overcome herself about the situation. C'mon, we know who nuri is"

I have no choice but giving her satisfaction nod. I will take her advices though I'm not sure if we could be back like we used to be. For sure the thing is not going to be the same anymore.

We both continue sauntering the roadside again and the silence takes over us. I inhale a fresh, salty air through my nose with a clear evening sky above us. 

"So how you both ended up dating, the last time I remember, you told us you didn't like him" Yohee breaks the silence between us. 

"Ugh" I bite my bottom lip nervously, looking for an idea to get her stop from asking me that. My mind is not working and the frustration growing immediately.

Out of blue, I clash both of my hands together "Can you not asking me such a question for now? He prefers me to keep in low and I've promised him to keep my mouth shut" I beg her with my puppy eyes though cursing hard inside of my heart.

She lets out a delight laugh. "It sounds absurd! Seriusly, you guys are funny"

I try forcing myself to play along, clearing my throat for several of times.

"And unfortunately cute" She mutters, slowing down her laugh with a small smile tugs in her lips. 

"I will consider he likes you first" She adds. 

"Well, Kind of" I lie and let her put the scenario she wants. For me, Jongup will never like me, and it's because I won't let him to. I don't want a guy like him and there's no way we both fall in love at each other. There's a big no for me. 

I don't know why my confidence goes so high yet I trust on it. My ideal type don't apply on him any longer.

...

The following next day, I decided to set myself to be more headstrong and ignore it if they are gossiping around me. Probably some don't give a about our relationship, and some may be butthurt about it. I can guarantee it. It's moon jongup we are taking about, a smart, genius and a noble ever like no mistakes are committed by him. The cute smile of him never left his beautiful lips, always be kind to the teachers, be on the class on time, put up a full respect to the elders and stuffs. 

Dating Moon jongup is not a crime, dating him is a new journey for myself. It's a new challenge despite the fact they are not real furtively. 

I enter the block and climb the stairs for the third floors where my class placed. The moment I meet the long corridor, the familiar figure emerged far a few feets away from mine. My feet make a quick brake as my gaze goes straight to the person who had turned my life upside down in just a few weeks. 

He is with his friends, showing myself means I'd offered myself to bunch of lions with their opened mouth. I take a deep breath and musing for a second. 

Luck not on my side. Well. Always not on my side. He notices my presence, motionless here. His smile grows wide as If he had been participating me since the beginning.  

I grip my strap bag in my palm which have them breaking into a sweat at the sight he is muttering something to his other two friends.

Did he just like bragging me to his friends? Their eyes are setting on me right away, proving me right. I can't figure out of what he had told them about me but judging by their expression, they look completely amusing. They are coming in my way and I found myself fidget already. 

My sedate morning should not being ruinned but here, he is. 

"Eunri-ah, wait for me there!" Jongup's voice echoes through the corridor, totally drawing some unwanted attentions from students. My heart pounds rapidly under my chest and quickly one thing pop out inside my mind afterward.

Well, Being a typical of me, Chae Eunri is the type escaping herself in such a situation. 

Headstrong is just a temporary which I had a minute ago. What a shame of myself.

I flee by taking two steps backward before turning to the stairs back. I heard nothing behind me nor any footsteps chasing after me, assuming he had surprisingly let me off for the first time. I slow down my running and drag myself to our canteen instead, slaming my at one of the benches with both of my hands on my head. 

"Oh my god, I'm not strong enough to handle this" I groan under my breath. I'm really unhappy about this ridiculous relationship I'm currently having now, where I have this sort of fear to face any impression about me either. 

A buzzing sound interrupts my deep thought. I quickly fish out my phone from my pocket. My notification from my IG showing up and someone had DM me. I never received any private message on my social media. I check the name.

Mjup

His name had been shortened and seem like I know them. I narrow my eyes while my fingertip touches the screen to open the unread message. 

'Hey baby, This is jongup. You owe me a kiss from running away :)'

I close my phone violently.

"Bloody ert"

The bell ring and the moment I got into the classroom, Nuri doesn't even give a single glance on me and Yohee on the other side, secretly mouthing something to me across the room. 

"Be patient" with an encouragement smile on her lips.

...

At lunch, I can predict that I would be eating alone. So here I am in a table with some students I'm not familiar with. They don't seem disturbed by my presence much and let me having this seat by myself.

"You're really dating Moon Jongup, one of the top students?" One of the them abruptly throwing me a question. She is sitting right next to me. 

"Huh?" I baffle for a second, after shoving a spoonful of rice inside my mouth. I take a double speed to chew on my food before swallowing dowm. It's hurt my throat a bit. 

Her eyes still loyalty on my face when I take a long time to answer them. "Kind of"  

A sigh secretly leave my mouth at the same time. Are they allowing me to sit here because of that? How far the rumor spread around? I don't even know them nor had met any of them either. 

"I thought he would put the dating thing at the bottom of his list. He looked like someone who would concentrate more on his grade and study." She friendly tells me."Sometimes I thought he doesn't know how to enjoy himself at such an age. I mean, yeah. He rejected some of girls in advance to focus more in school"

I warily listen to her mumbling, and still no word is coming out from my mouth. I just have no idea how to response on this and I realized how much I didn't pay attention on him before. 

"I'm sorry for making you feel uncomfortable but I just wonder why he took you as his girlfriend. I thought the rumor is wrong. I'm sorry again, I'm just a little inquisitive" She explains when my reaction still remains the same. worrying if she had offended me. 

I shake my head and be blunt to her "I honestly don't know what to say"

She blinks her eyes and have her bewilder for a second. I have a argue to laugh at her cute little puzzle face. "By the way, thanks for sharing it with me. But I suggest you to ask him himself." I give him a sincere smile. 

form into 'o' shape and go back eating her meal. I release a breath I have been holding, slipping off the cool side I have been showing a while ago before I see someone slides his tray in front of me, take over a seat opposite me. I lift my head up and to be greeted by a smiling jongup.

"Hey baby" He whispers.

I have no mood to talk with him, so I just casually continue devour my own meal in my tray. They are starting to be cold by the time I have wasted just now.

And I know he is watching me unwaveringly from there yet I give him zero attention at the moment. People in the table keep on glancing at our way. I can't tell what are they waiting from a couple like us. I put my focus entirely on the food before two pieces of my meat had been stolen away in front of my eyes. 

I open my mouth about to scold him but the moment I raise my head up again. I found his gaze had already landed right on mine while slowly placing the meats in his mouth. 

I dangerously give him a stare, the blood rushing down in my body. He lifts his eyebrow,

"Why? You want it back? Take it then" He sticks his tongue out, showing half chewed meat inside.

A small snort leave my mouth, averting his gaze. I hope I didn't die due to amount of the stress he is giving me. At the end I swallow down my anger and eating in silence.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Hi..! Thank you for reading ^^