The Spark

Infatuation or Love? - BLACKPINK Jensoo Fanfic

Cold. Noisy. Scattered. These were the things Jennie felt, heard and saw inside her classroom.

It’s been a week since college started, yet for Jennie it feels like the first day. She sat on the far-left side of the classroom near the window. Jennie likes to wonder and think about life on a big scale.

Jennie left her bag that her chair and proceeded to go outside the classroom for a while to get some air and some quiet time away from the noise of her classmates. She sat on a bench outside at the hallway not too far from the room. The thought of her recent break-up began to creep and crawl into her mind.

“Are you still happy?”.

These words repeated inside her mind, crushing her every second she hears it. She tried to change the thought in her mind, but she couldn’t, the words were eating her.

Then suddenly she began to wonder about the girl she saw earlier at the train station. Her emotions changed in a second.

She remembered the girl with the dark and (redacted) hair wearing glasses.

“Who is she?” she asked this question to herself many times while remembering the girl.

Somehow the girl had an impact on Jennie. The bell rang, signaling that the class would start in a few minutes. Jennie stood up and walked back to the room.

“Hey, where did you go?” Lisa asked Jennie who just came back.

“Outside, I couldn’t stand the noise, so I decided to go outside”. Jennie replied.

Jennie sat on her chair, grabbed a pen and a notebook from her a bag and placed it on the table.

A professor entered the room and began to check the attendance. Waiting for her name to be called, Jennie examined the classroom, she looked at the ceiling fan, the whiteboard in front, her friend Lisa who is always on the phone. “Kim Jennie” the professor said, and Jennie immediately raised her hand.

After that, she went back on the examining the class. She looked at some of her classmates, remembering some and seeing some new ones.

The professor has reached the end of the list yet said that there was a late enrollee whose name is at the (redacted). 

“Kim Jisoo, is Kim Jisoo here?”, this caught Jennie’s attention went to look around the class to see who it was.

The door at the back of the classroom opened, and a girl entered the room quietly like she doesn’t want anyone to notice her. But the professor did, and asked the girl who she was. The girl was surprised when she was asked, but she replied.

“I’m Kim Jisoo sir, sorry I’m late, I had trouble at the train station”. Jennie looked at the girl and eyes wide open, she immediately recognized the girl.

The hair and the glasses. Jennie knew that the girl who entered was the girl she saw at the station.

As the girl is being asked by the professor, Jennie had a good chance looking at the girl, noticing and examining her.

“No way, this is happening. There’s no way it’s her”, she thought to herself.

Lisa, who was beside her, noticed Jennie’s weird actions. Lisa lightly tapped Jennie’s shoulder and said “Jennie-yah, are you really okay?”.

Jennie got interrupted by Lisa again, but this time instead of being annoyed, she calmly replied “I am now”.