R for Reality (Show)

The ABC Series

"Truth Truth Truth" was “The Show” everybody was talking about. The show mainly invites on screen couples, or two artists who are rumored to be together and confront them squarely and asked “Tell us the truth, are you together?”.

You can’t believe the high rating of the show. The artists management agreed to put their member on the show because it made them talked about in the internet like no end. As for the artists, they could just deny that it was all for a show and everyone would be happy.

Still, it was a big surprise when Seo Hyun and Yong Hwa received the invitation. Their managements discussed it so seriously and agreed that they will let them, if only to boost their singles and albums sales. MBC and the WGM staff agreed to let them participate as long as they could make an episode of the show as one of the theme. So it was settled. They both were informed, schedules were arranged, and the shooting started.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seo Hyun was asked to stand in the middle of the stage, and Yong Hwa on one of the three chairs. They have no idea what this was all about, when suddenly Jin Woon from 2 AM came out. Yong Hwa was so shocked. While Seo Hyun managed a smile and a very polite, “Annyonghaseyo”.

Jin Woon beamed like a spotlight and bowed back. “Annyonghaseyo, Seo Hyun-ssi”.

Yong Hwa started to grip the seat as Jin Woon openly stared adorably to Seo Hyun like he had lost his mind. His suffering didn’t end there. The MC then announced Kyu Hyun from Super Junior to come out.

Kyu Hyun was all smiles when he greeted Seo Hyun with “Hi, Joo Hyun”

Seo Hyun bowed and said, “Oh Oppa! Annyonghaseyo”.

“Now that we are all here, let’s begin this segment. We’ll tell you the rules. All three of you should say something nice to Seo Hyun-ssi. Do anything you can think of. Say you love her, sing a song as you are all singers, go down to your knees and plead her. The mission is to make her choose. She will have to choose which effort is the best, and she will walk over to the one she chose. The time is three minutes and you can use it all or not, it’s up to you. Okay, the game starts. Jin Woon-ssi, you first!”.

The WGM MC later said that Yong Hwa looked tortured, he had to endure looking at the guys who was rumored to be Seo Hyun’s fans openly making a pass at her.

Seo Hyun looked at him with an apologetic look, as she stood nervously in the white dress the stylist assigned her to wear.

The audience cheered as the MC made a sign for Jin Woon to start talking as there was the sound of a gong. Jin Woon wanted to walk to Seo Hyun but the MC stopped him.

“No, stay at your place. She will come to you at the end of the segment if she chooses you”.

“Okay. Hmmm. I’ll start then” Jin Woon said.

“Seo Hyun-ssi, I guess you already know that I really like you—“

The audience broke into cheers and Hyun fidgeted.

Yong Hwa stared at Jin Woon standing merely 3 meters away from him. He wanted to strangle him.

“I’ve said this before, but my computer’s password is ‘seohyunjjang’” he then laughed at himself.

“I watch SNSD videos at least three times a day just to see you”.

“Everyday?” Seo Hyun asked in disbelief.

“Yes. Everyday. And you can’t believe how painful it feels to see you paired with Jung Yong Hwa-ssi in We Got Married and I have to be the MC”.

Seo Hyun covered her hands on as she almost screamed.

“I wish they paired me with you”

The audience cheered again.

“I admire you so much. I will be very good to you. I’ll do anything you want. So please come to me” he bowed again and Seo Hyun bowed low too.

“Gamsahamnida Jin Woon-ssi”

The audience clapped loudly as the MC moved forward.

“Wow, a very brave and honest confession! You’re daebak Jin Woon-ssi! And now, next, Kyu Hyun-ssi”. The gong sounded.

“Seo Hyun-ah” Kyu Hyun began.

“Yes, Oppa?”

Yong Hwa cringed from Seo Hyun’s familiar tone.

The camera showed several angles as Kyu Hyun cleared his throat. The mere fact that he was a Super Junior member earned him loud screaming from the audience before he even said a word.

“I’ve seen you grow up. I guess we grew up together”

“Yes, we did” she answered.

“Yes. And I think you are very talented. Your voice is very good and you can play piano well. You’re also a great dancer”.

“But what I admire most about you is how you stay grounded all these years. You have stick with your principles and I can see that you haven’t change though you and your SNSD is getting more and more attention. I like how polite and pure you are”.

Seo Hyun was embarrassed but obviously glad with everything Kyu Hyun was saying. Yong Hwa sat frozen feeling there was no air entering his lungs.

“You are getting prettier and prettier everyday”

“Aniyo” Seo Hyun denied, smiling

“But it’s true. I think there are more and more celebrities who have a crush on you”

Seo Hyun gasped. And denied again sheepishly, “No, it can’t be true”.

“It’s true! I can name those from SM.”

The audience cheered here.

“I’m one of them”

“What?!!!” Seo Hyun couldn’t stop herself.

“The fact that you don’t realize how attractive you are just adds to your appeal, Hyun. I wish we could always sing duets together. I've been liking you for years. I always watch you but I guess you never notice it. Your unnies once said that I should directly tell you. So. Seo Joo Hyun. I like you. Please come to me. I’ve been waiting for you”.

The audience, or was it Kyu Hun’s fans?—then made a very long clapping, until the MC had to stop them several times.

The MC cleared and announced that it was Yong Hwa’s turn.

He looked a bit pale but then pulled himself together.

“What’s the mission again?”

Everybody laughed at him.

“You have to make her come to you. You could do anything you want. I see that you bring your guitar so you will sing?” the MC asked.

“No, I changed my mind” he said.

The gong sounded again.

What happened next was repeated over and over again in WGM.

Instantly after the gong sounded, Yong Hwa smiled widely to Seo Hyun and outstretched his hand. He only said one sentence.

“Hyu~n, irowa!” (irowa: come here)

He said it so simply, he seemed like he had no intention to say anything more. Everybody was surprised with how little he made the effort, some of audience even said “What?” so loudly.

But what nobody expected was Seo Hyun’s reaction.

There was not even one second passed after Yong Hwa said that to when she instantly answered, “Ne” and immediately walked to him. She took Yong Hwa’s waiting hand and stood beside him.

The MC and everybody went wide eyed. Jin Woon and Kyu Hyun were dumbfounded. And Yong Hwa couldn’t stop laughing and holding her hand.

“Seo Hyun-ssi what are you doing? You are supposed to choose at the end of the show!”

“I know, I’m sorry. Maybe it’s reflex?”

She wanted to walk to the center of the stage but Yong Hwa pulled her back.

“Ah, never mind. So I guess that’s the result. Jung Yong Hwa is the winner”.

Yong Hwa held up his hand in victory. As Seo Hyun was busy saying, “I’m sorry. Please forgive me” while bowing again to Jin Woon and Kyu Hyun.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the backroom interview of WGM, Seo Hyun was asked,

“Why did you walk to him so suddenly like that?”.

“It didn’t occur to me to do anything else”

“I guess I didn’t even think”

“Is that all? Is there any other reason?”.

“Well…” she cleared in embarrassment.

“Hmmm, maybe if I didn’t do that, he might get hurt? I don’t know. Maybe? I don’t want that to happen”.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At Yong Hwa’s WGM backroom interview, he was asked,

“Why didn’t you do anything? Why did you just ask her to come to you like that?”

Yong Hwa laughed. “But she came to me anyway, right?”

“Right”.

“I was feeling bad. So if I sing back then I think it will come out badly too”.

“Were you feeling bad because of Jin Woon-ssi and Kyu Hyun-ssi?”

After thinking awhile, he finally nodded. “It’s impossible not to feel bad about it right? I mean they were saying it right in front of my face”.

"What if she didn't come when you ask her?"

"Oh. Hmm, I had plan B"

"Really? What was it?"

Yong Hwa almost answered but decided against it. "Aniya. It's embarrassing"

"Come on, we want to know" the interviewer pushed.

"I was going to say.....aish Shincha! Do I really have to say it? Okay, okay. If she didn't come when I asked her the first time, I was going to say, "Baby, please come here", hahaha! Oh my God. Can you cut that and not air it? Chebal?"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And you can imagine how the internet exploded with analysis and comments about the show. With the “Are they, aren’t they?” questions all over the place.