D for Discreet

The ABC Series

Hyo Yeon found that it was interesting. That vision that only she caught. They were getting ready for the SBS Gayo Daejun. The concert hall was filled with the most famous names of the year. Hyo Yeon could count at least five pairs of eyes were following Seo Hyun’s every moves. From Suju, Shinee, 2AM, 2 PM, and Trax. Seo Hyun herself was oblivious. Because Seo Hyun was busy witnessing how Sulli from f(x), Hara from KARA, the lead vocalist of 2NE1, Soyu from Sistar, and at least 2 of the cutest T-ARA members looking at Yong Hwa who was busy rehearsing his MC lines with Jo Kwon. Hyo Yeon saw—out of the habit of being her roommate for so long—how Seo Hyun frowned and sighed, unconsciously playing with her couple ring and sought a conversation with Tiffany, who was standing closest to her. What Seo Hyun overlooked was how Yong Hwa only stared at her during the short one minute span before the crew announced that the whole MC should gather together. Hyo Yeon couldn’t help to laugh out loud out of the blue and mumbled “Omona! Giyopta!”

“Were you looking at what I was looking?” a clear voice asked.

“De? BoA unnie!”

“Were you looking at them?” BoA smiled and asked again.

“Yongseo couple?” Hyo Yeon tried.

“Yes. Cute, aren’t they?”

“Oh, unnie, you noticed too?”

“Please! The whole hall are stealing glances at them all the time. We’re secretly hoping they would interact in one way or another”

Hyo Yeon giggled, “Yes, me too”

And together they looked at how Seo Hyun and Yong Hwa walked to one another, obviously trying to be discreet. Seo Hyun gave him a bottle of mineral water and he was trying not to smile too wide. BoA nudged Hyo Yeon gently with her elbow. “You’re jealous, right?”. Hyo Yeon covered and nudged back, “Unnie too, right?”

“You’re right” BoA admitted. They laughed again, and continued to follow the sweet couple with their eyes until the next rehearsal started.