Hold On To Me

Book IV: Hold Me

Joy paced back and forth in front of BTOB's dorm.

What do I do? What do I say? Really smart of you Park Sooyoung! she thought. 

What the heck, I'll just tell him everything! And without much thought, she knocked on the door.

She saw how stunned he was, seeing her there. But hearing him call out her name made her blank out.

"I...I'm sorry. I burnt the egg.."

"Mwo?" a confused Sungjae replied.

"You lost weight too! I hated seeing you lying in bed, not waking up...bleeding like that. I didn't know... I really didn't know.. You looked happy. Without me, you wer really happy... And I decided for you, I'm so stupid! Stupid! I did the groceries today too.. and I can't sleep. Changsub oppa. He was nice to me. He helped me. Like Irene unnie. She slapped me back to reality. And I think I put too much. There's too much kimchi.. but it's your favorite... I'm terrible at cooking, but you loved this...so...here!" she ended by handing him a lunchbox with her head down.

"Thanks? I guess..." he said as he took the lunchbox from her and shut the door.

Joy stood there just as stunned as he was moments ago. When it hit her, she broke down into sobs.

No! Wae? I...I did all this. For you...just you..back...with me..., she thought.

Just as she was about to turn away, the door flew open and she was grabbed by her arm.

In the blink of an eye, she found herself in the tightest embrace. Her head buried in his chest, Joy felt him trembling.

She pulled away, expecting to see a teary-eyed Sungjae. Instead, she saw how his eyes had almost completely disappeared from laughing.

"Wae?! Sungjae-ah, how could you?"

"Sooyoung-ah..." he brought her back in his arms and heaved a sigh. "Did you really think I'd let you go like that?" His laughing stopped and a deep breath was heard.

She hugged him back, her hands clasped together on his back. "Oppa...bogoshipda..mianhe."

With one hand holding her head to his chest and the other wrapped around her waist, he rested his lips on her head.

"Nado, baby. Your words didn't make any sense, but I know... I know what your heart's telling me."

She felt him tremble again. Only this time he spoke, his voice husky and shaking. "I'm sorry baby. Jinjja mianhe...for putting you through hell."

She tried to pull away to look him in the eye. She wanted to wipe his tears. But she was kept in place when he tightened his arms around her.

"No, baby, stay. Stay with me, jebal. Don't go. Don't let me go again.." he whispered through tears.

And she did.

She stayed.

In his embrace, in their own bubble...she stayed.

------

END