Chapter 4

Promise

Mark is really excited about the “date” he is going to go out with Jinyoung. He thinks about it all day and night, even in school. Mark is looking forward on it – although it’s just a date. That night, after Mark went home, he texted to Jinyoung.

Mark: Are you sleepy yet?

Jinyoung: Not yet, I’m so happy to see you on that date.

Mark: Me too. I’m so excited to see you too.

Jinyoung: So let’s meet tomorrow, shall we? I have to sleep now. Good night Mark.

Mark: Goodnight to you too, Jinyoung. See you tomorrow.

 

Time skip for the next day.

Mark is having a lecture test before he went home for a special date with Jinyoung. He is both excited yet look nervous.

“Mark, are you going to do something tonight”, Taecyeon asked when he reached to Mark.

“Yeah, I’ll go with Jinyoung tonight”, Mark shuttered.

“Oohhhhh, a date for tonight I see?’, Taecyeon mumbled, seeing Mark’s face red.

“It’s not even a “Date”. We are just hanging out tonight”, Mark explained but his face are EVEN more red. Luckily, Taecyeon didn’t notice about it.

“Yeah, whatever. Anyways, enjoy the night”, he winked and go out leaving Mark is stunnning alone in class…

 

That night, Mark is waiting Jinyoung outside the door. 30 minutes later, Jinyoung arrived. He look very energetic and beautiful. Mark look stunned in front of Jinyoung.

“Hey, are you alright”, Jinyoung giggled asked Mark.

“Yeah- I’m alright. You looks great today for a date”, Mark complimented.

“Awww, so do you. Because it’s our first night time, we should go eat dinner. I’m hungry now”, Jinyoung said and Mark nodded.

Mark roded both into a nice restaurant and having dinner there. They both eating and chatting very happy.

“So, Mark, tell me about your life. What is your favorite hobby?”, Jinyoung eat soup when he is taking with Mark.

“Hobby? Well I don’t have much many one of them. I love listening, reading books and so on”, Mark said and eat another soup.

“So do I. I love reading books, especially about my life”, Jinyoung smiled and look into the sky. They both drink coffee and chatting each other so fun.

After dinner, they decided where to go next. Mark drove Jinyoung into park. Jinyoung walked out so peacefully. Mark is following after him. Suddenly he stopped and his face feel so devasted.

“I wish people get to know more about me like I’m not a bully people”, Jinyoung suddenly spoke and Mark confused.

“Jinyoung-ah, what do you mean?”

“Let me tell you the exact reason why I have to be a bullied guy. It’s not what you think. I used to be a good boy, a cute boy and a good student. Suddenly, my mom died because of the cancer, and my dad is going out with another woman. I sad but I didn’t try to be. Even night, he hit me without reason and let me out of the house. Since then, I hate my father so much. And that’s why I have to hide about my family”, each word Jinyoung said he cried and makes Mark feel something sad.

Suddenly, Jinyoung hugs Mark makes him surprised  “Mark, please don’t hate me. I’m sorry for bullying you for the 1st day. I’m so sorry. I have to do this, no, I mean I shoudn’t but I have to”, Jinyoung keeps crying and Mark have to sushed him.

“It’s okay, Jinyoung. I understand. I have something to say to you”, Mark said and Jinyoung look at him.

“For the 1st time I saw you in the toilet, you were too cute and funny, that makes me more think about you. I still thankful for the day you rescued me, since then I have been following you in secret. And I see that you are cute boy, but is just that you are different. Not until for the reason you tell me just now. I feel sorry for you, and I have decided one thing that I can do it to you.”, Mark said to Jinyoung and he feel confused.

“Jinyoung….will you be my boyfriend so that I can protect you from your family and the world…”, Jinyoung shocked from Mark’s request. He didn’t know how to say.

“Huh? Mark, are you serious? You will get hurt by me..”

“I don’t care. As long as I can protect you from your evil family then I will”, Mark said.

“Will you promise me that you will always protect me…”

“I promise…from all my heart…trust me…”, Mark said and leaned in to kiss Jinyoung for the 1st time. That night they promise to be together and protect each other.