Five

In The Darkness Of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning Jieun woke up a little less burneded than every morning before.

She felt like in a way, this huge stone had rolled off of her chest and she was able to breathe a little better now. All it took was to be able to talk about Eunji with someone who understood. Someone who could relate to the heart wrenching pain she was feeling.

She squinted her eyes as the sun rays came blasting through the curtains in the room she was staying in. She sighed and slowly lifted herself up into sitting.

Jieun was still staying in the GOT7 house with everyone else apart from Jackson and Mark. It had been a few days already and in such a short span of time she'd noticed how close all the boys were. They were their own little dysfunctional family. It seemed like everyone knew each others actions and habits and rarely questioned anything one of them did. She didn't think they noticed how in sync they did everything since it was probably a habit by now. Something that came naturally.

Jieun found herself envious of that every now and then. Eunji had pretty much been all she had - with their father being MIA for most of their lives and their mother taking care of him while he was passed out somewhere, they had to learn how to make it on their own.

But they had done so good. She was proud.

And secretly she knew her mother would be too. 

Even though she was a little bitter about the fact that she'd chosen her drunk of a father over her children and basically left them fending for theirselves ever since they were fifteen...

The things people do for love.

With a yawn she extended herself out of her oh-so-comfy bed and went up to her wardrobe. She was glad that she had been able to get some of her own clothes from her apartment instead of having to wear something overly girly that Youngjae probably would have gotten her.

Nope. She liked it dark.

She eventually settled for black ripped jeans and just threw a black large hoodie on. After all, she was just going to spend the day in as far as she was concerned.

Jieun drew a comb through her hair and left it flowing freely against her back.

Her stomach made a protestive growl. Alright, time for breakfast I guess.

She creaked the door to her room open and entered the hall which was empty. As a matter of fact she didn't hear any noise coming from anywhere in the house.

For the first time in the seven days she had spent here it was quiet. Almost too quiet. She didn't like it.

Something close to a shiver ran through her body making her stuff her hands in the pocket of her hoodie.

Where is everybody? Are they still sleeping?

She made her way towards the kitchen and when she was there, she grabbed a silver pan from the cabin below her. She put in some water so it was about halfway full and then put it on the stove while turning it on.

She started searching for tea bags while waiting for the water to start boiling.

There was nothing in this world she loved more than tea. Thank God for inventing it. If it was up to her she would live just solely by it.

Her heart almost flew out through her throath when she heard her phone start ringing in her room.

She made it to the room with a jolt and saw the name 'Yongjae' vibrate on the screen. So I guess they aren't home if he's calling me.

"Good morning", she said to the phone.

"Morning, sleepyhead. You're probably wondering where we went, sorry for not telling you, I didn't want to wake you since you were sleeping so peacefully", Youngjae snickered on the other end.

"Nice to know you've been watching me sleep. Where are you then?"

"We had a group errand to attend to. So there's no one at the house currently but don't worry we'll be back in a few hours. No one will get to you there. You're safe, I swear. We wouldn't have left you there if we thought you weren't", Youngjae assured but still managed to sound worried.

"Oh, okay. Don't you worry your pretty little head about me, cousin, I'll be just fine. It's actually nice to have the house to myself for a change", she hummed in response while making her way back to the kitchen, in case the water had started to boil.

When entering the hall, she felt the chill again. Did someone leave the window open or something?

"Just take this time for yourself and enjoy the peace and quiet while it lasts. See you soon!"

Jieun eyed the tea pan. Oh, she intented to.

"See you." she ended the phone call and cracked her knuckles. While she was at it, she might as well go start up a movie. She was going to follow Youngjae's advice. Now that there weren't any men around to play their video games in the tv room it was all hers.

Time for some chick flicks. And tea. Must not forget about the tea.

She hummed slightly as she went through the movie selection.

"I was stupid to think they would have anything for girls, I mean, look at them. As if they would get any girls beside family to hang around in here..." she muttered to herself while passing yet another Star Wars movie, knowing that they probably could very well actually get just about any girl in here.

They just didn't tend to do that, lucky for her.

This movie thing was going to have to change if she'd be spending more time here.

Jieun shivered again and decided to go check if some of the windows actually were open because it was really starting to feel like it.

She walked in the huge living room and saw that her intuition had been right. The window closest to the stairs was indeed completely open, the curtains fluttering in the wind that breezed in.

"What are they, trying to freeze me to death...?" she muttered to herself while closing the window.

Just as she was about to get back to the movie selecting she remembered the water she had left on the stove. Crap.

She hurried back over to the kitchen and happily noted that the water was almost ready. Now it was time to fish for a cup. She turned her back on the stove and raised on her tiptoes to reach the mug on the upper cabin when suddenly a very unsettling feeling washed over her.

Someone was in the house with her.

She didn't know how she knew it or where the feeling came from. Call it intuition of a woman who'd been spending way too much time alone after living with Eunji for years to know when she wasn't alone.

Jieun was perfectly aware of the fact that she could very well be imagining it, that her paranoia got the best of her but somehow the window and the people she was living it made her not want to risk it.

Could it be one of the boys? No. Youngjae said they'd take a few hours. It's been like fifteen minutes since he called.

She felt the phone that was still in her pocket. She thought about calling him again when she felt an airdraft behind her, from where you entered the kitchen.

Suddenly she was starting to feel very nervous. She gulped down the saliva that was forming in , still back turned to the stove. She was too scared to move and instead focused on hearing any sounds past the boiling water.

Turns out she didn't have to, when she felt a hand covered by a black glove press against .

She screamed against it in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter