Three

In The Darkness Of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What. Is. Going. On.

Jieun was just gawking at Mark, utterly lost by his revelation.

"You- You mean, your past lover was Choi Eunji, as in my deceased sister Choi Eunji...?" Jieun finally groaked out after what felt like hours of just sitting there, jaw hanging open.

"I didn't realize it at first. When I first saw you, I was thrown off guard since you have a lot of her in you. I wasn't sure whether I should even tell you this in the first place. I'm sorry if this upset you."

Jieun felt her eye twitch having been without blinking too long.

Thousands of things where running trough her mind but most of all, why did she not know any of this?

She'd always thought she knew her sister the best. But did she really know her at all?

"I'm not sure what to say. T-Thank you for telling me this. I'm sure you were very important to her."

Althought she failed to mention you to me like, ever.

"So how did you meet her?" Jieun was curious. Mark let out a chuckle as the memories took a hold of him.

 

Mark and Jackson were returning from a warehouse, which their leader Jaebum had told them to check out, the rest of the gang staying home,  when their ears suddenly caught voices from the alleyway ahead of them.

"I swear to God, if you take one more step closer I'll stab you!" he heard a girl threathen, with a stern voice.

"What exactly makes you think you can hurt me?" a manly voice asked, clearly humoured by this.

Choi Eunji looked around in the otherwise empty alley. It was getting dark, the night was chilly and she was starting to get cold. 

Eunji tilted her head. "You're all alone in this empty alley with me. I have a weapon, you don't. What makes you think that I couldn't hurt you?"

"You think you're so strong." the man chuckled and took a step closer making Eunji back down an inch. "You're nothing. You're just a little girl... And besides, what makes you think I came alone?"

Eunji didn't have time to react when she saw figures forming out of the shadows. As they came closer she saw they were all tall and muscular guys.

Eunji cursed inside her head. Of course he would've brought the rest of his gang with him.

He was a coward, after all.

"Not feeling so big and scary anymore, huh?" he sneered.

Eunji absolutely hated swallowing her pride and backing down but that was the only choice she had. There was no way, she, a nineteen-year-old girl could take down ten guys twice the size of her.

So she stuffed the knife in her pocket and ran.

She didn't look back though she could hear the men shouting after her. She just ran, away from the alley, away from the shouting and into the safety of the crowded streets.

Before she even knew it she was in the city and she felt her shoulders relax a bit - they wouldn't hurt her if there were this many witnesses - they were reckless but not that reckless.

She stopped to lean on a wall of a shop and tried to even her breathing.

She pressed her head down on her knees and after a while of just sitting there, she saw a pair of shoes appear right under her nose. Her eyes grew larger and she quickly stumbled up to standing while pulling the knife out, ready to attack the person in front of her.

"Woah! Relax! I'm not going to hurt you!" a male voice said and grabbed the blade of her knife with his bare hand, not seeming to care that he could hurt himself.  "I'm here to help."

Eunji looked up into a pair of brown eyes.

"How rude of you to dismiss me. I believe what Mark here meant was that, we came to help." a guy with a smug grin appeared from behind the corner. They both stepped in front of her so that there was no way for Eunji to escape since her back was facing a wall.

Crap. "Who are you people?" Eunji eyed them suspiciously. For all she knew they could belong to the same crew as the ones in the alley.

"Well", the one who spoke earlier began. "I prefer to introduce myself as the guy who just saved your life but you can call me Jackson too."

"What do you mean saved my life?" Eunji asked, ignoring his sarcastic comment.

"We saw you back at the alley. Aren't you wondering why the guys didn't catch you? Surely they could've. It's not like you were that fast." Jackson replied instead of Mark.

Eunji shot him a dirty look.

"No need to act like a brat, Jackson." the one holding her knife said. Mark.

"O-kay. I have no idea what Mr. Sassy here is talking about. Hell, I have no idea who you people are and why you would help me. You don't even know who I am."

"Oh trust me we know a lot about you, Eunji." Jackson said dramatically.

She looked at him, startled. "How do you know my name?"

"Exactly." he replied with a wink of an eye.

"Let's get to the point, shall we?" Mark rolled his eyes in a swift motion.

"I'm sure you've heard of us, you see, our reputation tends to travel before us. The two of us are part of this 'group', if you may, called GOT7."

Eunji felt her eyes grow larger. Did he mean GOT7, as in one of the most feared gangs in Seoul?

"Bull." Eunji gasped. "You're messing with me."

Jackson gave her a fake sympathetic smile. "I think we both know we aren't."

"What he is trying to say is", Mark took a step closer. " We could use your information about those guys you were 'conversating' with earlier."

 "I swear I was trying to be indimitating..." Jackson muttered under his breath.

Mark rolled his eyes. "Yeah. Instead you blew the whole up. We were doing so good before your inner James Bond decided to step in..." Mark sighed at him until regaining his focus on the beautiful girl in front of him.

"How about you tell us everything you know and in return, we'll give you protection? What do you say? Do we have a deal?"

 

Jieun was experiencing so many emotions right now. She couldn't make sense of them all.

"What happened then?" she asked instead of the million other things she wanted to know.

Mark let out a breath. "Well, she told us everything she knew about the men in the alley, and it turned out they were one of our rivals who wanted to wipe us out and thanks to her, we eliminated them and in return she got the protection we promised."

Eliminated? As in kill?! Was Youngjae in that too?!?!

"I see." se coughed uncomfortably. Something told her that was an answer she did not want to know. She mentally noted that she definitely would need to clear some things up with Youngjae.  "Then how come the name doesn't mean anything to the rest of the boys?"

"Ah... That's because they don't know who she was."

Jieun raised her brows. "I beg your pardon?"

He scratched the back of his neck. "Me and Jackson were the only ones acquainted with your sister. And Youngjae, of course. But we agreed together to not get her any more involved with our world than she already was. She knew that we were in a gang and what we had to do to survive but that's it. We never introtuced her to the boys or anything. We figured

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter