Four

In The Darkness Of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

5 Months ago

 

"Good morning", Eunji mouthed with the gentlest smile while Mark's hair with her fingers. Mark slightly parted his eyes to see her delicate face. He loved it when she smiled at him. He didn't think there was anything more beautiful than that.

Mark often found himself wondering how had he gotten so lucky. After the night he and Jackson had rescued Eunji from the men in the alley, Mark had kept in contact with her.

He didn't entirely know the reason as to why he did. From time to time he would just find himself worrying about the girl, whether she was safe or not. So one day he'd pulled up her phone number which she'd given him and called her.

They had been inseparable ever since.

And now here they were, two years later, cuddled up in bed together.

"Did you sleep well?" Mark asked with a smile similar to Eunji's as he tightened his arm around her body.

Eunji made a wondering sound and pursed her reddish lips together. "I did at first. But the way I remember it, someone decided to wake me up and do something entirely else than sleeping."

Mark couldn't help the smirk that emerged on his face. "My bad."

Eunji let out a bubbly laughter. She was the happiest she'd ever been. She was so grateful that the universe had let her meet this man. Mark was at this point pretty much everything to her. Apart from her sister she hadn't felt this close to anyone in her entire life. Jieun and Mark were all she had.

Her childhood wasn't the prettiest. She didn't remember much but what she remembered was enough to make her feel glad to be in the position she was today.

"You make me so happy, you know that right?" Eunji asked Mark, her eyes gazing deep into his. As an answer, he pressed his lips against hers, engaging her in a passionate kiss.

She cupped his face with her hands and smiled against his lips as they moved slowly in sync together.

"I love you." Mark said to her when they broke the kiss and his eyes held so much affection it almost made Eunji cry.

"I love you too. So much."

 

 

Later that day, when Mark and Eunji had gotten fully up from bed and gotten around to making breakfast, Jackson stepped in from the front door of their house. Eunji had been staying there, sleeping the night's in Mark's room, of course.

"Hey there, lovebirds." Jackson let out a greeting for the two and took a seat at the table which was still empty.

"Where were you?" Eunji asked while flipping the scrambled egg around in the pan.

"I was out. I had something to take care of", Jackson replied to her and continued watching her and Mark cook breakfast. Mark would occasionally sneak up behind her and plant a kiss on the back of her head or her neck and she would playfully hit him with the spatula she was holding in her hand.

As Jackson was watching them he felt this strange, warm feeling form in his chest. He was happy for them. After everything the three of them had been through together, he was glad that at least the two of them were able to be happy with each others.

If anyone, it was them who deserved to.

"Is everything all right?" Mark wondered as he took a seat next to his best friend and handed him a glass of orange juice which he happily accepted.

"It is now." he said and took a sip from it. Mark and Eunji exchanged a look but together decided to drop the subject, realizing they wouldn't get anything out from him. Jackson was like that. Some things he just had to keep private. He didn't have to bring his problems on anyone else, especially anyone as happy as these two were.

He was a bit envious sometimes. Of how happy they were. He wondered if he'd have that, someday. The whole concept of being in love with someone was foreign for Jackson. He wasn't sure if he'd even regocnize it if it happened to him.

"Dig in boys. We have a long day ahead of us", Eunji said with a genuine smile as she brought the scrambled eggs to the table and set three plates on it as well.

Another thing Mark was happy about was the fact how well Jackson had accepted her. She was part of both of their lives now. She practically lived here and it would not work out if Jackson was acting up with her.

But it was the exact opposite. Jackson was very close with Eunji. She was like a sister he never had. Jackson was very fond of her. So Mark was glad when he'd agreed to take her under their wings and protection.

Although, Mark was sure they had almost completely eliminated the problem by now.

"Please don't tell me it's today..." Jackson whined in response. Mark grinned widely. He had always hated to celebrate his birthday, which had been a few days ago but now they all had a clear schedule.

"Yep. Like it or not, this is happening. We are going to your birthday dinner."

 

 

A few hours later the three of them were seated around a small boot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter