One

In The Darkness Of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So what should I do in the darkness of you?"

 

 

 

Jackson only knew destruction.

He was born into a faulty foundation. He thought he knew pain a little too well. Some days it tried to suffocate him. Some days he let it.

He had a tendency to drown his sorrows in alcohol and throwing himself in situations he knew he shouldn't be in.

He used to be a good person, he thought. It was back when he still believed in good things life had to offer, such as love and happiness. Jackson didn't believe in love anymore. He'd watched his parents marriage crumble into nothing. The girls he'd met never interested him or understood him so he'd just stuck with a different girl a different night whenever he felt like it. He learned the hard way that when you're born into certain circumstances nothing good hardly comes your way.

"Jackson, we gotta go." he heard his best friend Mark remind him as he was laid up on a black sofa they had in their condo. He raised one eyebrow slightly. "Already?" he groaned. It was Jaebum's birthday tonight and they were supposed to be there at seven.

He took a glance at the clock on the wall. Six thirty.

Mark just hummed and nodded his head towards the door. Jackson sighed - a little too loud - just to prove a point. He hadn't gotten much sleep that night. He suffered from insomnia occasionally, nowadays more than usual. They both grabbed their leather jackets from the stand and headed out the door.

"You're driving." Jackson said to Mark who smirked. "Gladly." They walked up to their black Audi S8 - they'd figured what's the point with having separate cars when they lived together and hardly spent much time apart. He'd known Mark since he was little. He always got where Jackson came from. He's the one person who'd always been there for him even when he didn't deserve it. Since Jackson wasn't in terms with neither his mom or dad and hadn't been for years, Mark and the boys were his family.

Mark threw him a suspicious look as he started the car. "You're oddly quiet today."

Jackson yawned. "Haven't slept much."

"Something bothering you?"

He shook his head slightly. "Nope. Just thinking about how I'm going to get through tonight."

The party was at the GOT7 house. You'd be surprised how many crews actually showed up there. They all liked to let loose once in a while - maybe once too often.

"Oh, yeah. Worried you're gonna get too much attention from the female population?" Mark teased with a smirk. Jackson rolled his eyes at him. Mark knew about his occasional flings but he never judged Jackson for them. Mark wanted him to find someone and settle down but he never said anything. He knew what their lifestyle was like.

He knew what Jackson was like.

 It would be pretty impossible to maintain a healthy relationship with everything they had to do and endure.

"B.A.P coming?" Jackson wanted to know. Mark nodded.

Bangtan, or as others know them, B.A.P were one of their ally gangs. In Seoul there weren't as much gang activity as in other cities but you could say that GOT7 and B.A.P pretty much controlled the streets of Seoul. Mark pulled up on a street and stopped the car in front of the dorm where the rest of GOT7  lived. Jackson and Mark hung around in there a lot too but they both liked to have their own space so that's why they lived separately.

He shut the engine down and they exited the car. The house was big. They weren't that fond of material things so to them it was whatever where they lived but the size came in handy with the parties and meetings and such. The coloring of the house was brown wood and white tile. And in the backyard there was a pool. It was alright for five men to be living there. Seven, occasionally.

 

 

Mark had already gone inside and Jackson followed after him.

"Boys! We're here." Mark shouted as they climbed up the stairs into the living room. The five of them were all gathered around the living room, preparing for the party to start.

"Happy birthday, bro." Jackson wished Jaebum as he grabbed him in a hug. He could hear Jaebum laugh over his shoulder. "Thanks, Jackson."

They started talking this and that, waiting for the invited ones to arrive. Jackson and the guys had always been comfortable around each other. They knew they could count on each other and trust was a very important factor when you were in a gang and more importantly, when it was the people you loved. It was very important to know and to be able to trust the ones you were sharing your life with.

They would all do everything in their power to protect one another.

Jinyoung headed downstairs as he heard the doorbell ring and soon the house started filling up with people, all wearing their own custom made crew jackets. Each had their own colors and symbols in them. GOT7's jackets were black, B.A.P's symbol was green.

Soon everyone started to socialize as their system filled with alcohol and the night went on.

 

-

 

Here she was. Standing in front of a gorgeous building, swarmed with people and a few cars around it. Through the window you could see there were even more people inside. Sure, Choi Jieun had heard of the parties GOT7 held, but she didn't expect their reputation to actually meet itself. For some reason she couldn't bring herself to enter the house yet. She liked to always survey her surroundings. Make sense of everything. Made her feel like she had some kind of control.

"Jieun? I'm so happy you made it!" she heard an all too familiar voice exclaim behind her. Jieun quickly plastered a smile on her face as she turned around to see Youngjae's happy face.

"How's it going, cousin?" she smirked. They exchanged a warm hug. "It's been a while", she continued.

Jieun took a moment to examine him. It really had been a while since they last met. His dark hair had grown a lot. His face had also structured, but the sadness had left his usually happy face. She was glad to see that. Him being away from her and their past was a good thing for him. 

Youngjae gave Jieun a symphatetic look. She hated when people did that. "How have you been?" He asked.

She was silent for a moment. Numerous memories flashed through her brain. "Good." she lied with a smile. It worried her how easy it was for her to lie these days. She didn't think he believed her but he dropped the subject anyway.

A tall guy with fair hair walked up to Youngjae, whispering something in his ear Jieun couldn't catch. 

"." Youngjae muttered under his breath. "Listen, there's something I gotta go take care of, please make yourself at home and I'll come find you later. I want you to meet the guys later anyways!"

She nodded her head. "Sure."

He gave her one last smile and then she was left facing his back as he urgently explained something to a group of men.

Jieun turned her back on them and faced the front door. She wasn't sure if she was supposed to knock so she just made her way in. She found herself in an entry where she quickly spotted the stairs and headed upstairs. As she made her way trough the crowd she took a look at what everyone was wearing and for once in her life, Jieun was glad that her plain of a clothing style had done her justice. Almost everyone around her had leather on them in some form and most of it was black. Jieun herself was wearing a black leather jacket with a white tee under, black ripped jeans and boots. The music was playing too loud for her liking. She searched for the kitchen with her eyes. With her logic, where there was a fridge, there was beverages.

And she was going to need that to survive tonight.

As she spotted the entry to the kitchen and began walking towards it, she also noted that a lot of the population here was male. Male, tattoos, and leather to be exact. 

The looks she was getting didn't go unnoticed by her. She just often chose to ignore them. For some people the atmosphere in this house would've felt uncomfortable, dangerous even. Jieun didn't mind it. She actually felt like she belonged. See, there's a special kind of seduction about danger - it lures you in.

Jieun found what she was looking for and grabbed herself a beer. She took a sip, then another and let her shoulders loosen up. When she was nervous her shoulders automatically tensed. She looked around in search of someone familiar and accidentally locked eyes with a handsome young man.

He was dressed in all black, the leather jacket doing his broad shoulders justice. His hair was blonde, his eyes were dark, almost black - and looking straight into hers.

Jieun didn't know how many seconds passed, they

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter