When I Watched The Sky

Timeless

Jiyong was his name and he had only six days to remain in this world. He could barely walk but with the help of his mother, he managed to sit on the rooftop like how he always did before knowing he was sick. He sat on the edge -worrying his mom but he assured he'll be fine- and swung his legs slowly. His mom slowly closed the rooftop door leaving Jiyong behind. He took a deep breath and sighed. Suddenly, he heard the sound of the door slowly closing from the opposite apartment. He jolted but managed to balance himself. He saw a head poking out from afar, as if peeking. "If you wanna talk, you better show yourself!", Jiyong spoke loudly but just enough for the person on the other side to hear.

The latter stood up and it looked like a teenager. "Ah, hello. You must be Jiyong!", the boy said cheerfully. Jiyong was a bit shocked that the boy knew his name. "How did you-" The boy cut him off, "Oh, you see, I have a peep-hole here to see anyone outside. Usually, when I see you, I chose not to go out because I respect privacy, you know. I mean, who else goes to the roof unless sad or aimless?"

Jiyong nodded and smiled. "Still, how'd you know my name?". The boy laughed and replied "Sometimes, your mom is so loud, I can hear her yell your name.". Jiyong blushed at the embarassing fact and asked again, "What about yours?". The boy came close and leaned against his own rooftop border, "Call me Seungri. Anyway, since I know you're probably up here to be alone, I'm gonna downstairs." 

"No wait! Please stay. You're like the first person I've ever talked to since I... since forever."

Seungri looked back at him with disbelief and said, "Your mom?"

"She don't count, kiddo. Please don't go. I really wanna talk to someone close but I don't wanna hurt them. And we don't know what they can do with such information? I don't wanna talk to strangers as well because why?"

Seungri came closer and sat on the edge like Jiyong. It would be a great fall if anyone made a mistake. Seungri watched Jiyong and finally spoke. "You know, speaking to strangers sometimes helps. Even if it's uncomfortable but the right person will come on the right time. Yes it's true. Telling your deepest secret to people you know might spread rumours whilst strangers well... even if they talk about you, they won't know who you are and wouldn't care." Jiyong nodded. "So, tell me all you've got."

Jiyong stared on Seungri. Processing every single word he said. "All right, here goes. I was told that my disease had spread all over and now I've only 6 days to live. Funny." Jiyong's eyes turned red and he looked up to the sky. "So close yet so far. It's getting dark, we should go." Seungri shook his head and said, "Nah, I'm always outside here at night. You go on ahead." 

Jiyong slowly stood and limped back to the door. He took a glance at Seungri who was already dreaming towards the sky. Jiyong smiled and shut the door.