Be Natural

The Perfect Red Velvet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I can meet you every morning in a dream
Every day in the same place, Oh
Something nobody knows
It feel like heaven’s eye
I could fly now
Suddenly waking from my sleep
And opening the window
I’m falling into a feel-good fantasy

 

 

"Excuse me, can you please...oh wait, Chaerin right?" a cute skinny guy frowns a bit as he recognizes her face as one of the facilitators for campus' general assembly.

Her heart squeels in glee. 'He remembers me!!!' she can't help but grins happily as she repeatedly nods at his question. "Yes, Sunbae. Do you need help?"

Jiyong politely smiles though it irritates him a bit to witness how a sophomore student obviously fangirl over him. It's not that he's not into dating someone younger but more like...she's far from his type, not physically but mentally. He doesn't like it when a girl fawns over any guy. It's just a major turn off. "Ah can you help me locate my assigned seat?"

Chaerin happily complies. She flips the attendance sheet and look for his name. She eagerly scans the list to help him while he 'busies' himself with his phone. Once spotted, Chaerin smiles at him and tells the info. "It's seat number 2-18 Sunbae."

"Okay." he nonchalantly says and proceeded inside the venue, leaving her still in a daze.

 

 

"He's such a cutie!" she dreamily told her bff via phone. "And he remembered my name!"

"Duh? How come he can't remember when you almost borrow his book every ing day during our calculus subject? That guy was pretty much aware how you salivated over him for the whole second semester of our freshmen days!" Yeonwoo smugly rebutt.

"Meanie!" she laughs and rolls on her bed. "How come he's so perfect? Yeonie-ahh, I can give up anything just to have him notice me."

"You are getting crazy. Stop that infatuation Rinnie. You know he's already taken."

"Taken? I don't think he is." she scowls. "He never admitted that he's dating that stick anyway!"

"Even so, don't expect too much okay? I don't want you to get hurt."

"Fineee."

 

 

"See? I told you he's taken." Yeonwoo pats her friend's back as they watch Jiyong being all sweet with his rumoured girlfriend. She's also a Senior student like him and  is popular for being too pretty and sweet...

Jang Yumi.

Chaerin can only look at them longingly. Her heart aches so much that it might burst out. She can feel her tears threaten to fall despite of knowing that she has no right to feel hurt at all. "Yeonwoo..."

"That's okay Rinnie. You'll get over him. There are still bunch of cute guys over there."

"But I like him, not those cute guys."

Yeonwoo hits her head, hoping to knock some sense on her. "He's not in the market. Move on! You are too pretty for him anyway."

Chaerin tries to smile, though she knows her friend is just cheering her up. Being aware that she's not pretty but an average looking girl with normal boring life, she can't help but feel insecure with his girl.

 

On the other hand, Jiyong breathes in relief after seeing the girl he wanted to avoid walks away with her friend. He looks at the girl beside him and smirks. Now he can do whatever he wanted without being tailed at.

 

"We should go and visit that galleria. Please?" Yeonwoo clasps both of her hands and begs her bestfriend who looks like a walking zombie beside her.

"Okay." Chaerin blankly replies.

"Cheer up~."

She sighs, "My chest is so heavy. It's hard to breathe."

"You got your heart broken, that's normal. However, you should help yourself so you can move on too."

"It's not that easy."

"Do you think seeing you like that is easy for me?"

"Then go!" Chaerin snaps at her friend and angrily walks away.

Yeonwoo can only look at her in disappointment.

 

Chaerin is walking alone in the corridor, still upset yet feeling guilty for what just happened. She shouldn't have blurted her emotions out on her bestfriend. Yeonwoo didn't do anything wrong with her.

Much to her luck, here comes Jiyong walking opposite of her. She looks down, not wanting to see him as her heart aches even more. She fastens her pace, hoping to walk away from him as fast as possible.

Unfortunately, before she can go ahead, a pair of shoes appear on her line of sight. Looking up, she can't hide her surprise upon seeing his face. "S-Sunbae?"

"Are you going to the library?"

She nods, confused.

Jiyong smirks and feels satisfied just by seeing her flustered face. "Can you do me a favor?"

Her heart palpitates on his smirk. "Y-yes...I mean, about?"

He handed her box of chocolates and for a moment, her world shakes in indescribable happiness. Unfortunately...

"Can you help me and hand this to Jang Yumi? You're gonna pass through their club room on your way to the library, right?" he smiles sweetly, trying to convince her.

Chaerin looks down, feeling even more crushed. She looks away, wanting to decline the said favor but she can't turn him down.

He, on the other hand, is lowkey enjoying seeing her vulnerable state. "So...can you do it or not?"

She reluctantly grabs the box he's handing her and smiles at her best attempt. "Sure."

Jiyong's smirks widen and 'hugs' her as an act of gratitude. "Thank you Chaerin."

"Welcome.."

 

Now her worse feeling becomes worst.

First, she had a fight with her bestfriend.

Now, she has to do a thing that will break her heart even further.

'How unfortunate.' Chaerin bites her lower lip, trying to stop the sob from escaping. Still holding the box of chocolates, she was about to take left turn where the club rooms are located when she saw the apple of his eyes...kissing another guy.

'What the~!' her mind panics and immediately hide herself, as she secretly watching them making out on the darker part of the corridor.

"You don't deserve Jiyong Sunbae..." she murmurs and leave the place,

 

Heading back, her phone beeps and a message from Spring pops out.

From: Spring

Same place. Same time. Don't be late. We need to edit as much as we can.

She taps the reply button, hitting 'OKAY' and send it right away.

Chaerin has no choice but to talk to Jiyong tomorrow about her discovery.

 

Building C8-Basement

"I'm here!" Chaerin carefully pulls away her mask and finger comb her long brown hair.

"Hey." another woman's voice echoes from apart. "Come here and see this."

She saunters towards her when she notices another two woman sitting on the couch. She smiles at them but the other girl didn't smile back. Feeling a bit upset, she continues walking towards the first girl.

"What's that? Chocolates? You got an admirer?" Spring teases her as she shows her the edited video they shot last time.

"Oh no, it's not mine." Chaerin put down the box on the table. "How I wish though."

One of the women from the couch stands up and walks away, heading to the mini pantry.

"What's wrong with Assassin?" Spring mumbles at her and she only shrugs her shoulders, denying what happened between.

"She seems pretty upset over something."

"Let her. She'll calm down for sure once we watch our latest video."

Chaerin is doubtful on that statement.

 

 

The next day...

Jiyong is sitting on the top of his black matte lamborghini while waiting for the classes to start. He's not on his best mood today due to the fact that his father just informed him about his business partner's daughter which means...a potential arrange marriage on his part. Cracking his knuckles, he chuckles deeply while thinking who might be his shock absorber for the next few hours.

Just like a cue, Jang Yumi and two of her 'minions' walk towards him.

"Hey..." she smiles sweetly. and pecks on his cheek.

"Looking good." he scoffs but play it cool. "How are you?"

"I waited for you yesterday but you didn't show up. You didn't even call me or so. I wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter