Blinded (1/1)

Blinded (Heart Eyes Sequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: i considered not posting this but..... that. i actually had an idea for a continuation, so i wrote and here is the result. lol i just hope this won’t disappoint those who asked for a sequel.>< writing isn’t easy to me as it is for others. some people can write like, 5000+ words in an hour but i can take a combined 10 hours to write just 2000 words. haha plus, i can't think of plot ideas. i am the worst at ideas.

**this is not beta-ed/proofread. and you will notice that this is in present tense as opposed to the first shot which is in past tense. present tense is easier to me, i think. i don’t know why i even did the last one in past tense. pabo Dx hahaha i shall edit Heart Eyes to present when i can. :D

i tried to inject as much YJ moments as the storyline allowed me so enjoy please~

 

☆ ~ ☆ ~ ☆ ~ ☆ ~ ☆

 

"Ah~ Our Joongie~ Have fun, okay?" Kim Anna pats her dongsaeng's cheeks. She is with her sisters outside Tohoshinki's concert venue to drop Jaejoong off.

"Tell Yunho we say hi," She adds in a teasing voice which makes Jaejoong pout in annoyance. They're teasing him because they think Jaejoong just made up his story of meeting Yunho or at least that he exaggerated the details. Jaejoong doesn't know if his noonas actually don't believe him or if they just love teasing him.

"Seriously, I will! Maybe I can even take a video of him saying hi to you!" He huffs.

"Okay, Joongie, whatever you say. Now go in and have fun. We'll see you later. Call us when you're ready to be picked up," His Minkyung noona gives him a little push to start walking. Before he gets too far, he looks back and waves at his noonas and they wave back before turning to leave.

When his noonas are out of sight, Jaejoong pulls out his phone to text Yunho. He did not text the man last night because he didn't want to seem too eager to talk to him.

Yunho hyung, I have arrived! This is Kim Jaejoong, by the way.ㅋㅋ

Jaejoong is standing amidst other fans loitering around since people aren't being let in the dome yet. He finds a cemented planter box he can sit on and his phone vibrates as he is taking a seat.

Ah Jaejoong-ah! I was thinking you might have forgotten me already.ㅠㅠ Haha! I'm going to apologise though and say that I can't meet you right now as I originally wanted. It's really hectic with pre concert things and all, so maybe we can just meet after the concert? That way we will have more time too. ^^

Jaejoong's heart flutters as he reads 'Jaejoong-ah' in the message. He told Yunho yesterday that the man could drop the '-ssi' when saying his name and was free to talk to him comfortably.

Yes, of course. That is totally fine with me. Good luck with the concert! I'll be waving my lightsticks and cheering hard in the crowd. Hwaiting!!! -.-)9

Thank you! I'll give it my all on stage~ I'll text you where to go later. See you!

Just then, the security personnel start to let people in.

-------

The concert just ended and Jaejoong is feeling really high on happiness. No words can accurately explain the joy a fan feels after seeing their idols live. The concert felt even more special to Jaejoong somehow because now Yunho knows him and knows that he was watching.
Just as he walks out an exit door, he hears his phone chime, indicating a text has arrived.

Hello! I hope Changminnie and I didn’t disappoint? Hehe. We can meet now! I told Changmin about you and that you are coming. I hope that's okay. Anyway, there is a back entrance west of the venue where you can enter. It's a big green door. I think it's easy to find because it's surrounded by barricades. I'll have security staff wait for you there and he can take you to us. Just text me again in case you can't find the door. Can't wait to see you!

-------

"Hyung, do I really have to meet this person now? I am sweaty and gross."

"Min, we're both a bit sweaty and gross but there were 50,000 people out there and they didn't seem to care. At least we’ve changed clothes already."

"Okay, fine," The younger member pouts a little and plops onto the couch.

Honestly, he doesn't know anything about the man Yunho wants him to meet. They didn't really talk about him so he just knows that Yunho met this person yesterday at the café. And Changmin barely saw him yesterday as the person was facing away and exiting quickly when he looked. His hyung seems really excited about this person though, so he's agreed to meet him now.

A few minutes later, a knock on the door interrupts the silence in the dressing room.

"Excuse me, your guest has arrived," The security staff announces in Japanese after knocking.

Yunho opens the door and thanks the security before his eyes land on said guest.

"Jaejoong," He breathes out with a smile.

Jaejoong reciprocates the smile and bows, "Hello, Yunho hyung!"

"Come in, I’ll introduce you to Changmin."

Yunho shuts the door and they walk to Changmin who is occupying a couch in the far corner of the room.

The other half of TVXQ stands up and is surprised when he sees the person Yunho wants to introduce to him. The noticeably younger man is wearing their official wrist light and also their tour t-shirt under a red and black gingham jacket.

"You're a fan?" Changmin asks in Japanese, thinking Jaejoong is from the country they are currently in, not having heard Yunho talk to the man moments ago.

"He's Korean. And yes, he is a fan," Yunho answers Changmin's question in their native language.

"Oh! Ne, annyeonghaseyo, I am Cassiopeia Kim Jaejoong! It's an honour to finally meet the other half of TVXQ," Jaejoong bows at Changmin, beaming adorably.

The man being addressed, however, merely nods with his lips formed into a tight-lipped smile, "It's nice to meet you as well."

Yunho notes his fellow member's odd behaviour but doesn’t ask. Maybe later. He is just thankful Jaejoong doesn't seem to be bothered by the other singer's lack of enthusiasm.

"Jaejoong-ah, you want to take a backstage tour? The backstage is obviously more exciting and lively when the concert is happening but I think you'll still like it."

"That'd be really cool!"

"Okay, let's go. Changmin, I'll see you later?" The leader sends a pointed look to his dongsaeng from the doorway.

"Goodbye, Changmin hyung! It was nice to meet you!"

As they walk down the long hall littered with staff, Yunho scratches at his head, "Uhm... sorry about Changmin. I don't know what's up with him."

"Oh, it's fine! I totally understand. He must be tired from the concert and isn't really up to meeting people," Jaejoong waves a dismissive hand, "Now is it possible for me to see concert plans and set ups? I always see them in the background, stapled on walls in Behind The Scenes of your concert DVDs, but I wanna see them up close."

"Of course. Come, I'll lead the way," Yunho wraps an arm around the younger's shoulder.

Jaejoong hopes the singer doesn't hear his racing heart, because it's beating so fast and hard that he feels like anyone near him would hear it.

-------

Yunho confronts Changmin when they arrive at their shared Japan apartment.

“What was up with you earlier?”

“What do you mean?” Changmin heads to the kitchen to get himself a drink.

“I know you know what I’m talking about. When I introduced you to Jaejoong, why were you being weird?”

“Hyung, I was just tired. My rehearsals yesterday went on longer than planned, remember? I guess it just all caught up to me after the concert. Sorry about that,” Changmin replies after downing a full glass of water.

Yunho nods in understanding then grins, “So you’re okay with Jaejoong? Because I asked him to go on a date with me.”

Changmin merely nods and says good night before heading to his room. He feels a little guilty for lying to his hyung but he doesn’t think he should be interfering with the other’s love life.

× ~ × ~ ×

Jaejoong is in his room, getting ready for the small gathering of sorts at Yunho’s place and his mind is occupied with thoughts of the TVXQ leader. It’s been a month since Jaejoong met Yunho in Japan. They have been on a few “official” dates, but most of the time they like to hang out casually. They prefer just being together and getting to know each other without the usual pressures of a date, like thinking of a nice place to go to, special things to do and the like. So they usually just meet when they’re both free and then go where the day or night takes them.

He blushes when he recalls one specific time they hung out about a week ago. It was night time and they went to a park-like area Yunho said he liked going to for night walks. It wasn’t a particularly eventful night. They ate at one of those restaurant tents nearby and then sat and talked on a grassy area by a small body of water after.

”It’s such a nice night, don’t you think? It’s not too cold. It’s cosy and I can actually see a lot of stars. I love stars. Do you like stars, Yunho hyung?” Yunho didn’t respond, so he turned his head to face the man and was surprised when soft lips met his own.

His heart started beating fast and he didn’t know what to do other than keep still. When Yunho pulled away, he looked at the older man from under his lashes.

“Yunho-yah…” he breathed out.

Yunho chuckled softly and mumbled, “’Yunho-yah’, huh? I like that. I like the sound of you saying my name without the ‘hyung’ after it.”

He was taken by surprise when Jaejoong suddenly hugged him.

“Yunho-yah,” Jae said into the other’s chest.

It was their first kiss and Jaejoong will treasure that memory in his heart forever.

-------

He is a little nervous when he arrives at Yunho’s apartment. He is about to meet a bunch of Yunho’s close friends and he just hopes no one will hate him.

“Jaejoong-ah,” Yunho kisses Jaejoong’s cheek before letting him through his doorway.

“Are you sure I’m not intruding? You said you only invited your close friends and I don’t want to get in the way,” The younger man says, trying not to be affected by Yunho’s hand that was on his lower back.

“Of course not!” Yunho laughs as he leads Jaejoong to his living room where his friends are mingling, “Besides, I really want you to meet my friends. This is the perfect opportunity.”

“Jung Yunhooo! Who is this pretty boy you’ve brought with you? Have you replaced me? I am hurt, Yunho. I’m deeply hurt.”

Jaejoong laughs at the words of the man who approaches them the moment they step foot into the living room. He knows this man, of course. If you know Yunho (loluknowyunho), it’s impossible for you not to know this person. It’s none other than Kim Heechul, colleague and very close friend of Yunho’s.

“There is nothing to replace in the first place, hyung,” The tall singer replies making his friend scoff and turn to Jaejoong instead.

“Hi, I’m Kim Heechul,” Said man extends his hand towards the newcomer.

“Hello. I’m Kim Jaejoong. It’s nice to meet you,” Jaejoong beams while shaking the other’s hand.

“Ah~ Jaejoong. A pretty name for a pretty face.” The man nods in what seems to be approval.

“Everyone knows nothing and no one tops Kim Heechul though, right?”

Heechul laughs heartily, “Woah, Jung! He’s definitely a keeper. I already love this kid so if you mess this up you’ll have to deal with me too, you hear me?”


Changmin is by the open balcony doors, at the side of the room opposite where Yunho is at. He is nursing a beer while he listens to Kyuhyun ramble about the failed blind date he went on the other day. He’s barely listening though as his attention is on the university student his hyung is dating.

Jaejoong seems to be getting along quite well with every one of Yunho’s friends, especially Heechul. It’s suspicious to him. Nobody is that friendly, right? Is Jaejoong trying to worm his way into this circle now too?

The subject of Changmin’s attention is now seated on the couch beside Yunho, talking to Park Taehoo, a music producer who became their friend after working with them on a previous album. Jaejoong is talking to the producer so enthusiastically and it makes the younger TVXQ member unsettled. His thoughts turn worse and worse the more he watches Jaejoong, so for the rest of the night he tries not to hang around anywhere near him and stays with people who are the furthest away from him.

-------

“I can’t give you a ride but are sure you don’t want me to walk with you to the bus stop? Or maybe I can call you a cab?”

Yunho’s small party ended quite late as expected. It is a little bit past 1AM and Jaejoong is the last guest to leave. Yunho feels bad because he intended to drive Jaejoong back to his house but he drank more than he expected so he can’t do that anymore. Jaejoong understands though.

“It’s really fine, Yunho-yah. I know many people still take the bus at this time so I’ll be okay,” He explains to Yunho.

“Okay,” Yunho says softly and pulls the younger man to his chest, “Text me when you get home?”

“I will,” Jaejoong stands on his toes and places his lips on Yunho’s before stepping out of the man’s arms to run down the hall and make a quick exit.

The TVXQ leader chuckles, his heart filled with affection for the adorable and shy man.

He is still smiling like a goof when he re-enters his apartment only to frown when he sees his dongsaeng. Changmin told him a while ago that he is staying for a few more minutes to help him clean up a bit. Yunho would’ve told Changmin to just go home if not for the fact that he needs to talk to him.

He can be dense most of the time but it’s clear as day that his dongsaeng has a problem with Jaejoong. He even stayed as far as he could from him the whole night. And prior to this night, the younger singer has avoided Jaejoong completely, whether it’s just talking about him or seeing him. Now the question is why.

Changmin is placing the last of the rubbish from the coffee table in a big garbage bag when Yunho sits on the couch. The older man sees his kitchen and counter is still a mess but he figures he can clean that later. He doesn’t want to miss this opportunity to talk to Changmin.

“Thanks for cleaning up the living room, Changmin-ah.”

“Sure, hyung. I just know that if I don’t help you, you’d be living in this filth for a couple of days before cleaning it up,” Changmin chuckles and takes a seat beside his hyung.

“Changmin,” Yunho pauses to think of how he’s going to start this conversation with his dongsaeng.

“Hm?”

He decides being straightforward is probably the best way to go, “Just be honest with me. I know you have a problem with Jaejoong and I want to know why.”

There is a long period of silence in the room before the younger of two lets out a resigned sigh, “He’s… a fan and you haven’t known each other for long,”

“What of it?”

Changmin is instantly angered by the nonchalant response. The alcohol in his system is also not helping him control his brain to mouth filter, “Hyung, really? Do you just not care? You’re letting him into all aspects of your life so quickly! I didn’t want to tell you what I thought at first because it’s your dating life and I didn’t want to interfere, but I just can’t do it anymore. Have you ever even considered that he might be one of those crazy fans? What if he’s just acting all sweet and innocent around you, but when you’re not around, he’s spreading all

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter