029

Can We Be Friends?

 

Haera checked her reflection again as the car pulled over in front of Samsung’s building. She had managed to change into something more presentable, a nice emerald green day dress and a pair of Dior heels.

“We’re here, samonim.”

The car’s door was opened, Haera slid down and she was ushered to the entrance quickly, Haera arrived at the lobby and she noticed the press that had gathered.

“What~”

“It’s Haera!”

“She’s here!” Reporters started to scream her name, her security team started to circle around her protectively.

“What’s that?” She asked them as they walked to the elevators.

“The president asked for a press conference right after the meeting, he said that he~”

“No.” Haera pushed past the guards and rushed towards the hall, the reporters started to go crazy as she climbed up the stage.

“Haera-ssi, what can you say about this?”

“How long have you known about this?”

“What happens now? Are you going to file for divorce?”

Haera exhaled before walking towards the microphone.

“First of all, I’d like to thank you all for being here. Secondly, I want to apologize to my fans. I know I’ve disappointed a lot of them because of this.” She said softly, her two bodyguards stood behind her.

“Actually, I was out of town when this all blew up. I couldn’t reach Taeyong quick enough, and,” She paused and bit her lip.

“He released this crazy statement that’s not entirely true.”

The reporters started to murmur as they continued to type on their screen, Haera gave them an apologetic smile before continuing.

“It seems that my husband panicked and just did whatever he could just to fix things.”

“Then, what is the truth, Haera-ssi?”

“The lady in the photos, Han Yoomi.” She paused.

“The truth is, she’s our friend. We went to the same high school; we were in the same class too.”

“How did this happen? Is the president Lee really seeing her behind your back?”

“No, no. To be honest, Yoomi…Yoomi’s a good friend but, she’s always..she’s always had this liking..or, crush on Taeyong ever since we were teenagers.”

The crowd grew silent, Haera looked up, just to check if they were buying it.

And they were.

“She’s always been vocal about it, and my poor husband didn’t want to hurt her. Taeyong didn’t know how to reject her, and he didn’t want their friendship to be damaged. And a few weeks after we got married, she started to contacting him.”

“At first, I didn’t really mind. But then, she started to get pushy, she kept on calling him, and even visiting him at work. It was getting too much for him, so Taeyong decided to talk to her outside of work.”

“They were seen quite a number of times together.” One reporter spoke, Haera nodded.

“That’s right, I advised Taeyong to be nice to her, I didn’t want her to cause any more trouble.”

“So, what you’re saying, Yoo Haera-ssi, is that you were aware of everything? About him and Yoomi-ssi going out?”

“Yes.” Haera nodded.

“She sounds like a stalker, that must have stressed you out, Haera-ssi.”

Haera just smiled and closed .

“Then, I think this straightens things now, right? Please, go easy on my husband, it’s his first time.” She said before bowing and leaving the area.

Haera got in the elevator and leaned back on the elevator’s walls, she crossed her arms and smirked.

“Surprise, surprise.”

 

 

“What?” Sehun was staring at the TV screen with wide eyes, Kai took out his phone and his brows went up.

Haera had sent him an email earlier and he has not opened it yet.

“She single-handedly destroyed that Yoomi.” Sehun murmured just as Kai opened the email.

“Oh no.”

“What?” Sehun looked up.

“Those photos of Taeyong and her…Yoomi…she was the one who sent them.” Kai stated, Sehun paused and sat up.

“What do you mean? Who told you?”

“Haera.”

“What?” Sehun balked, Kai sat down.

“She looked so angry earlier, and I just couldn’t pinpoint why. This…This must be it.” Kai looked at the screen again as it showed a photo of Yoomi.

“Haera just branded her as an obsessive stalker on live TV.” Sehun blinked.

Kai started to shake his head.

“She’s..She hasn’t done this before. What she just~”

“Haera’s angry.” Kai stated. Sehun bit his lip and just stared at the screen again.

“She wants to remove her.”

“Remove? I thought she was okay with him and that girl.”

“She was, but Yoomi placed Taeyong in danger. And that doesn’t sit well with her.”

“She just used her position to taint a person. Should we just sit around and watch?” Sehun asked skeptically.

“Meh, she’s just following what her heart’s telling her.” Kai nodded before putting his phone away.

“And that is…humiliating this Yoomi publicly?”

“Yoomi was asking for it, besides, she’s the wife.” Kai chuckled.

 

 

Taeyong turned to his secretary in shock, the board meeting had just started when the male rushed into the room and informed him about Haera holding the press con for him.

“She said what?”

“Well, samonim, she~”

The doors opened again, the directors were baffled when they saw Haera walk in. They stood up to greet her.

“Haera,” Taeyong was stunned, she smiled at him. And Taeyong almost believed it.

“Hi,” She greeted him before kissing his cheek, Taeyong blinked.

“I’m sorry for interfering, but I have something to explain.” She faced the group again.

“I took care of the press conference downstairs. By now, you can probably see the articles. You have my word that I spoke nothing but the truth.”

Taeyong paused, his forehead furrowing, but Haera simply took his hand.

“I have to apologize for this too, I was out of town and I let president Lee handle all this. This only blew up so big because of my job. I’m really sorry.”

And just like that, the directors were all taken in by her charm.

“Then, can I borrow my husband? We have things to discuss.”

 

 

Haera was sitting on the couch while Taeyong spoke with his secretary. With Haera’s statements, all the rumors have been cleared out. And all the attention was on Yoomi and how she got in between a happy couple.

“Should I be feeling about this?” She asked herself quietly.

“Nah.” She shrugged to herself, she glanced behind her, the secretary had just left the room.

“Yoo Haera, you impulsive brat.” She mumbled under her breath.

“Haera, I~”

“I know, you didn’t see it coming.” She stood up, Taeyong paused.

“And I’m sorry if I didn’t answer any of your calls, and if I only knew you’d release something like that…I would have…picked up.” She sighed, Taeyong shook his head and walked towards her.

“You don’t have to apologize, I caused all this.” He said softly, Haera bit her lip before wrapping her arms around his waist.

“It must be your first time, huh? You’re not used to people talking bad about you, you’ve always been protected from that kind of mess. But, by being linked to me…that must have been stressful.” Haera spoke, she felt tears line her eyes.

“It was nothing. I’m glad you’re safe.” Taeyong replied as he wrapped his arms around her, Haera nodded.

“Why aren’t you mad? I just destroyed Yoomi.” She said bluntly, Taeyong exhaled before pulling back to meet her gaze.

“We both make mistakes, Haera. I’ll fix this.” He said as he cupped her cheek, Haera paused.

“It wont be easy.”

“I know.”

“It wont be easy to explain this to her.” She stated, Taeyong nodded.

“We both had this coming, so, stop thinking about it. Let me take care of the rest.” He said before kissing her cheek.

“Taeyong,” She frowned.

“You’re my priority now, we don’t have to talk about Yoomi. Let’s just go home, okay?”

“But, you still~”

 

“Those things can wait. Let’s go.” Taeyong took her hand and pulled her out of the office, Haera just nodded and looked away.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++