002

Can We Be Friends?

 

Yoo Haera found herself inside a hotel room at one of Seoul’s most expensive hotels, she was standing before a floor length mirror.

“Just what kind of help do you need? You even shut down my shoot, eomma.” She sighed as she faced her mother.

Her mother didn’t seem to hear her, she was just pacing back and forth, Haera glanced at her manager and her coordi.

“Well?” Her mother finally spoke as a lady attendant walked in the room, she gave her a small nod then rows and rows of gowns were pulled into the room.

Haera blinked.

“You did all that just so I could attend the wedding? Heol. I know you and samchon are the best of friends, but~”

“You’re not just attending the wedding.”

“Huh? Do you want me to sing?” She asked dryly as her coordi walked to the dresses, her eyes widened as she read the labels on the pieces.

“No,” Her mother faced her, then she took out something from the huge box on the coffee table.

Haera saw a famous makeup artist step in the room, he started to wheel in his things and metal luggages.

Haera looked at her mother again, she was holding onto a huge bouquet of different flowers.

“Remember when you told me that you wanted be an actress?” She asked her.

“You said no.” Haera murmured.

“But you bargained with me, you said you’d do anything for me in turn that I let you go that audition.”

“I was scouted.” Haera corrected, but her mother gave her a stern look.

“So what now, eomma?” She sighed, her manager started balk behind them. He finally understood what was happening.

“I’m asking for that bargain now.”

Haera nodded and flicked one of the white buds on the bouquet.

“Be the bride.”

 

 

“I think we should have ordered more.” Jungkook stated as they got in the elevator. Jimin chuckled.

“I doubt Suga hyung already woke up, so more for us.” He said as he leaned back.

“So, did you meet up with noona? I haven’t seen her in a while.” The youngest said, Jimin shook her head.

“She’s busy lately, it’s frustrating.” Jimin replied, the doors pinged open and they made their way towards their place.

Before Jimin could type in the code, the door swung open, revealing a disheveled Hoseok.

“Hyung!” Jungkook blinked.

“I—I was just about to look for you guys.” He said quickly, Jimin eyed his mismatched shoes and shook his head.

“Well, we’re back now.” Jungkook laughed before pushing him back in.

“You guys are back,” Namjoon appeared from his room, Jin was staring at Jimin.

They gathered to the table.

“Ya, Jimin-ah,” Namjoon said carefully.

“Have…Have you seen the..news?”

Taehyung strolled in, he glanced at Jimin briefly, and he puffed his cheeks.

“News? No, we were out to get our dinner.” Jimin snorted.

“Because you all are lazy.” Jungkook added.

“A—Ah.” Jin gave Namjoon a meaningful glance.

“Why? Did something happen?” Jimin looked up from the food.

“N—No, it’s~”

Then a door swung open, a groggy Suga stepped out.

“Ya, you, Park Jimin,” He spoke, Taheyung’s eyes widened. Jin stood up from his seat and started to walk towards him.

“Why are you still here? Your girlfriend’s getting married tonight.” Suga blurted out, then he yawned.

“I just saw the live feed; the reporters are going crazy.” He mused before sitting down on the couch and going back to sleep.

Namjoon exhaled and looked away.

 

 

Taeyong stood by the end of the red carpet, guests were all looking around expectantly. He tugged on the collar of his white dress shirt again.

Just an hour before the event started, the girl he was supposed to marry fled off.

His forehead creased together as he looked at the double doors at the end of hall. His father had left earlier telling him not to cancel wedding.

Taeyong shook his head, it annoyed him that he had to put up with this show.

“What’s going to happen?” He saw his secretary mouthing to the event planner. Then before anyone could react, the pianist started to play and the double doors opened widely.

Taeyong looked up and he halted.

“It’s Yoo Haera!” One of the guests exclaimed loudly, then people started taking out their phones.

Taeyong paused, his brows rose as his old friend made her way towards him.

“The actress!”

 

 

Profanities were echoing in Haera’s mind as she walked down the aisle. She did not like the Marchesa lace gown she was wearing, she wanted to take off the pair of white silk stilettos on her feet and she obviously did not have any plans on marrying today.

She could feel her mother’s heavy glare at the back of her skull as she neared Taeyong.

He looked as confused as she was minutes ago, his brows went way up when she reached him.

“Lee Taeyong,” She blurted.

“Why are you here?” Taeyong asked quietly, Haera almost handed the bouquet to him. Guests were still murmuring at her sudden appearance. Nobody knew that she was the bride.

And nobody expected that she was the bride.

“They said they needed my help.” She muttered, then the event planner cleared and gestured for them to walk towards the officiant.

“It’s been a long time,” Taeyong said uncomfortably as they were asked to face each other.

“It’s been five years, Lee Taeyong.” She muttered under her breath. They both tensed as their wedding bands were presented to them.

“I had no idea I’d be facing you in front of the altar though.” Haera added, Taeyong could only stare back at her.

“We are gathered here today, to witness the union~”

Taeyong looked at the male standing before them, Haera was chewing on her bottom lip.

“Do you think I still have a chance to run away? I can totally ditch these Manolos and bolt out.” She murmured.

“I got your best wishes text.” Taeyong replied, he was glancing at his secretary who was already on the phone, probably taking calls from the media.

“I sent it before your father drove me here.” She replied as Taeyong took her hands in his, they were still chatting amongst themselves as the officiant went on.

“But, why you?” Taeyong said under his breath.

“Why? Am I not pretty enough for you?” She rolled her eyes at him.

“Please take this seriously.” Taeyong muttered back.

Haera had the guts to chuckle, he just shook his head.

“Now, you may kiss the bride.”

They both stilled.

 

“What?!” Haera blurted loudly, Taeyong winced.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++