022

Can We Be Friends?

 

Haera looked up from her plate, her mother was chatting happily with Taeyong’s dad. She closed her eyes briefly before exhaling, dessert was already being served to their table.

“Are you okay? Are you that upset that your oppa couldn’t make it?” Her father chuckled, Taeyong looked up from her plate, his forehead creased in concern.

“No, appa. I just had a really long day.” She replied.

“Right? You had filming today?” Her mother spoke.

“I did.”

“Haera, have you discussed with Taeyong?” Mrs. Lee turned to her, Haera paused.

“Discussed..what, auntie, I mean, eommonim?” She immediately corrected herself as soon as the elder sent her a playful glare.

Taeyong mentally shook his head.

“Your honeymoon.” She replied, Haera paused, her eyes went to Taeyong.

“Don’t tell me, he didn’t even mention it to you?” Mr. Lee turned to his son with a questioning look, Taeyong was about to speak but Haera opened .

“He did, he did. It’s just that it slipped my mind, my schedule’s been so full lately.” Haera said carefully, Taeyong glanced at her again.

“Don’t worry, we’ll talk about it. Although, we wont really be able to go on one soon.”

“Haera’s really busy, appa.” Taeyong chimed in helpfully.

“Aigoo, this girl works too hard, that’s not really good.” Haera’s mother spoke.

“That sounds so..wrong.” Haera muttered, Taeyong sent her a small smile.

 

 

“Are you sleepy?” Taeyong asked as they reached the restaurant’s exit doors, their parents were walking before them. Haera shrugged at him and just hooked her arm with his.

“I’m sorry, Haera. If I had known, I would have called my father to reschedule~”

“No, it’s not your fault.” She spoke as she leaned her head on his arm.

“You know, the thing with Yoomi,”

Haera looked up to meet his gaze.

“What’s up? Are you two..fixing things?” She asked him.

“Will it be okay if I try to?” Taeyong asked her, Haera started to smile.

“Of course it’s okay, Taeyong.” She grinned at him just as their Rolls Royce arrived at the curb.

“I’m just worried..that you might not be comfortable with it.” He said softly as they walked towards the waiting car.

“Why? Are you not comfortable with Jimin and I?” She joked before sliding in the vehicle, Taeyong paused but he just followed her in.

“I really don’t mind, Taeyong-ah. Just be careful. That’s all I’m asking for.” Haera said before raising his fist to him.

Taeyong smiled before bumping fists with her.

 

 

Jimin looked at the photos again, Taeyong was photographed waiting for Haera at her shoot. He was seen speaking with her staff and even getting cozy with Haera herself.

“Ya, you went overboard, how could you say that?” Jin said as they climbed in the van.

“She’s busy too, with what’s happening, I can already imagine how stressed out she must be.” The eldest chided him again.

“Look, I get it. It’s hard not to feel wary of that guy, but, did Haera ever do anything to make you doubt her? She’s been putting herself in danger ever since you two started going out. The risk of being seen with you in public could cause her backlash, but she never thought about that.”

Jimin frowned and leaned back on the seat.

“You don’t see it, hyung. You don’t see him.”

“What?”

JImin exhaled before speaking.

“The way he looks at her.”

“Taeyong?” Jin blinked at him.

“I don’t like the way he looks at her.”

 

 

Taeyong was seated on the sofa, prepared for bed. He was listlessly browsing through the channels when Haera plopped down beside him.

“He told me that I was falling for it.” She spoke, Taeyong looked at her.

“What?”

“The glamour of being your wife. He told me that I was falling for it.” She said in flat tone, Taeyong frowned before minimizing the television’s volume.

“Haera,”

“I think it’s my fault too, lately, my life has really been so fast-paced. I mean, I got married to you without warning, and now, you..well being you, I guess it’s kinda hard on him.”

“What do you mean?” Taeyong asked.

“Taeyong…being next to you means more eyes are on me. It doesn’t really bother me, because I understand how your world works. And, I think Jimin doesn’t.” She explained.

“Maybe that’s why he’s…rude to you. Because~”

“You don’t have to worry about me, Haera. I don’t really care how he treats me.” Taeyong spoke, Haera paused, she turned to face him.

“I wanted you two to be friends.” She murmured. Taeyong smiled and just brushed her hair down.

“Nah, I’d rather be your friend than his.” Taeyong teased, Haera snorted at him.

“I hope you two patch things up.” He added.

“It’s getting tiring, Lee Taeyong.” She said softly, Taeyong paused.

“Haera,~”

“Why aren’t all guys like you? You’re not wishy-washy, you love being direct to the point and you’re always so chill.” She faced him, Taeyong just kissed her forehead before standing up.

“I’ll get us ice cream.” He said before leaving the room, Haera nodded and leaned back on the sofa.

Then Taeyong’s phone started to ring, she glanced at the screen and saw Yoomi’s name.

“Regret can drive people to do the craziest things. Is she being sincere now?” Haera said quietly. She heard Taeyong step back in the room with a pint of strawberry ice cream.

“Want to go on a scripted date tomorrow?" Taeyong asked as he plopped down beside her.

 

“It sounds so wrong, but…okay.” She smiled before taking the spoon from him.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++