Target 2

Out Of Time

Chapter 2

kihyun pov

Being in a group with 6 other guys who all have different personality is hard, I have heard groups disbanding because they couldn't get along or just hated each other from the beginning. Which scared me 3 years ago because we worked so hard to achieve our dream and because we simply couldn't get along we would lose that. So when Changkyun came I didn't think much of it because I was sure he wouldn't debut than his name was called I remember standing there shocked thinking to myself because of him we wouldn't make it. Now 3 years later I always think how I could have thought of him like that. without Changkyun, Monsta x wouldn't be Monsta x he is the most precious person in our life, and of course, we would tell and remind him that every chance we get. In a way Changkyun being in the group made me be an older brother and a mother to him. I felt it was my responsibility to make sure he's always fed and taken care even tho he is 21 years old. The others also had the same feeling, we become overprotective of him. We watched his every move and study him, one because Changkyun wasn't the type of person to tell anyone how his feeling he could be in so much pain and would try to ignore it and put on his poker face as if nothing was wrong. We learned that the hard way.

 it was about a year after we debuted and we just opened up to him accepting him as our maknae. When he fell ill we didn’t notice at all because he was at every Schedule with us at every practice and it was hard to tell when he always has the same emotionless face. he didn't complain once or showed that he was in pain. we didn’t know he was sick until the 2nd week. he came to get a glass of water one night and fainted on the kitchen floor. I remember watching a movie with the others when we heard a glass break at first we didn’t think much of it, thinking Changkyun probably dropped something. We called his name couple times asking him if he was alright none of us were in the mood to get up to check we were so hooked on the movie. But after we didn’t get reply Hyungwon got up to see if he was alright only to find him laying on the kitchen floor with broken glass everywhere. We all saw Hyungwon freeze on the spot he was standing with a shocked look. That’s when we all got up to check and saw the horrible scene, to be honest none of us can forget something like that. The image of our youngest laying on the kitchen scarred us forever to the part where we wouldn't let him of our site and if we did we always knew where he was.

“ hey Jooheon, Changkyun you guys want to come with me I’m going food shopping,” I asked putting on my jacket and shoes. “ I can’t Hyung I need to go to the company in a bit but Changkyun could go,” Jooheon answered back. “ I also cant go I have something to do.” I rolled my eyes knowing both were making an excuse not to go with me so I lied saying I was going to buy anything they want and with that, I had 2 childlike boys running out of there room smiling. I shook my head and told them to wear their jackets and with that, we hit the road we took 2 buses to the market. After getting off the bus and having to deal with Jooheon and Changkyun running into the store like 2 escape animals from the zoo, I got this weird vibe watching 4 men with dark clothes walk into the store. I scratched my head laughing here I was thinking of every worst possible scenario that could happen something I do a lot.

 I walked into the store only to find Changkyun and Jooheon putting ever sweet they saw on to the chart. I run to catch up with them before they actually fill the chart with all the unhealthy food in the store. “guys I didn’t say take every dang sweet in the store, you both can get one thing you want.” I scolded them taking out most of the junk food out. “ but Hyung you said we can buy anything we want.” Jooheon said giving me his best sad look. “ I was lying to get you guys to help me carry the food back.” “ your so evil you know that hyung,” Jooheon said walking away to probably get more junk food. I rolled my eyes and pushed the chart to get some meat from the freezer. “ hey Changkyun can you do me a favor and get me a bag of rice.” I asked Changkyun who was walking behind me like a kicked puppy. “ only if you let me and Jooheon Hyung get anything we want” I rolled my eyes again agreeing. “ okay be right back” with that he disappeared into one of the allies.

 I was about to pick up the frozen chicken from the freezer I heard 2 gunshots going off and people screaming. I quickly closed the door and got down getting my phone out my hands were shaking as I heard another shot go off. I dialed Jooheon first and when he answered his phone and I heard his voice I just thanked God. “ are you okay Jooheon what happened” I asked not realizing my shaky voice. “ I’m okay Hyung, I’m hiding behind some bags of floors what about you and Changkyun are you guys okay,” Jooheon asked I can hear he was trying his best not to break. “ I will call you right back okay,” I said then calling Changkyun right away. My heart was beating out of my chest as I waited for Changkyun to answer and when he answered on the 3rd ring and I heard his voice I had tears rolling down. “Hey, buddy you alright” “ yeah I’m okay Hyung what about you did you talk to Jooheon is he okay too.” He sounded as if he was crying I knew something was wrong right away. “ Kyunie are you alright what’s wrong,” I asked looking to my side to see what was happening. “ noting Hyung I just want to tell you I love you some much and please tell the others that to okay.” My heart dropped and I started to ask millions of questions from what’s happening if he's hurt but I didn’t get any replies except for 2 gunshots that ringed the phone. I screamed couple times before getting up and running to the alley Changkyun was at. And when I got there I saw Changkyun laying on the floor bleeding. I dropped in front of him picking up his body shaking him to wake up I cried begging him to wake up. Pitching myself a couple times hoping to wake up but nothing was working. I laid my head on his chest shaking him before screaming “CHANGKYUN PLEASE.”