Ignited

Fiction: A Mino and You story

[MINO POV]

Yerin: Wait, what happend last night?

Mino’s heart sank.

Mino laughed sarcastically in disbelief to himself. It was too good to be true. Of course Yerin didn’t remember what she said last night, she was drunk. Of course Mino would think about it all night last night before he finally fell asleep. Of course Mino would get his hopes up. Of course just the quick glimpse of Yerin again in that dressing room yesterday had made Mino’s heart skip a beat. Of course the feelings and memories of how he built all that courage to confess to her rushed over him. He was frustrated. (…Maybe we weren’t meant to rekindle that.) He took a deep breath and texted her back.

Mino: You were completely gone, it was hilarious!

But he wasn’t laughing. 

[YOUR POV]

You were staring at Junhyung, caught off guard,”You want to go to breakfast?”
“Yeah,”He nodded like it was no big deal,”Come on, I’ll pay.”

He pulled out his keys and jangled them with a smile on his face. You thought it was all strange but couldn’t help but feel excited. This had to be the best job yet. Junhyung had parked in the underground parking garage and you got to ride in his Mercedez Benz. It was a short drive to a small brunch cafe that had served the best omlette you have ever had, but with all the fun you were having you didn’t notice the text from Mino at first. Junhyung was joking with you about something when your phone went off a second time from not being read yet. You looked at Junhyung and he nodded that he didn’t mind.

Mino: Actually, do you have time this morning? I have a break after practice and wouldn’t mind grabbing something to eat. And talk about last night.

You were confused. (Oh gawd, what did I do?!) Your heart started to race with anxiousness as you tried to remember what happened. But it was all a blur. 

You: Wait, what happened last night?

You started to bite your lip when he finally replied.

Mino: You were completely gone, it was hillarious!

You felt a wave of relief wash over you. 

“You okay?”Junhyung asked a bit concerned after watching your facial expressions.
“Yeah,”You smiled,”Sorry, it will just be a second more.”

To be honest you were worried last night in the back of your mind as you and Mino downed more and more shots. As the memories and familiar feelings got stronger throughout dinner last night you were afraid you would confess or kiss him that night. Oh how you wanted to. 

You: Oh jeeez, that makes me feel so much better! Can I get a rain check? I’m out eating right now with Junhyung. I’ll see you at tonights broadcast!

It took a minute but Mino finally replied.

Mino:Yeah. I’ll see you then.

And with those two short replies…you had a feeling something was off. 

SKIP

You were touching up Junhyung’s makeup yet again, joking as usual, when you saw Mino on the monitor doing his dry rehearsal. You hadn’t texted him since his last reply since things seemed off but you did want to talk to him.

“So should we eat together more often?”Junhyung asked, not noticing,”It would just make work easier that way. We can have the other staff come with us next time too.”
“Huh?”You said finally coming back,”Yeah, that sounds awesome.”
“Are you sure you’re okay?”Junhyun asked as he looked at you suspiciously,”You seem…distracted.”
“Yeah I’m fine.”You reassured, although you weren’t sure yourself,”You ready for your concert next week?”
Junhyung took a deep breath,”Yeah I am. It’s just a little nerve racking since I haven’t had one since 2016. A solo one anyway. You better make me look good too, I need sweat proof foundation.”
“Wah,”You joked,”So I’m seriously your full time makeup artist now too?”
“Hey, I’ll talk to Gikwang, you’ll get your raise.”He promised,”Calm down.”

Finally it was Junhyung’s turn for rehersals and you spotted Mino in the hallway. He looked up and seemed to be surprised to see you in the hall almost as if he was trying to avoid people. 

“Hey,”He smiled. Something still felt off.
“Hey, I wanted to run into you.”You said honestly, but had to think of a reason other than just talking to him,”Wanna order some food and eat together? Since dress rehersal isn’t for a while.”
He nodded,”Yeah, my dressing room? It might be weird if I’m eating with you in Junhyung’s room.”

You agreed and let Sejin know that you would be back for touch up before Junhyung’s dress rehersal. By the time you got into Mino’s waiting room his staff was ordering food and you gasped at the difference between the two dressing rooms. Junhyung had a big solo room like Mino but since Around Us Ent was still in the new stages, they did not have as much staff or equipment as Mino’s staff. Which shouldn’t have been as surprising since it was YG but it just blew your mind none the less.

“Hyung, why don’t you have everyone else go out and eat,”Mino suggested,”I’m just going to catch up more with Yerin.”

Most of his staff seemed to agree, not because you were there, more becauase they wanted to nap too. So most of his staff left and there were only a few left when the food arrived. 

“So what’s up?”Mino asked as he started plating the food for both of you.
“Nothing, what about you?”You asked, he still seemed off.
“Same,”He said,”I mean we caught up a good amount last night.”
“Yah, we can be honest right?”You growled, starting to get irritated at the tiptoeing.
Mino seemed to be caught off guard and nodded,”Yeah, why?”
“What’s wrong with you? I know something is. I knew when you were upset or lying in the past, I’m pretty sure I still can.”
“Nothing.”He lied.
You squinted at him suspiciously,”Really?”
“Yes.”Mino nodded,”Maybe it’s you, are you okay?” 

Everything was fine until last night. (What did I do?) Again, you tried hard to concentrate. (Come on brain! What did drunk me do?!) The blurry night was still blurry. But as you watched Mino continue to eat you suddenly got a tingly feeling as you really looked at his face. (I held his face…) You suddenly started to feel hot. (I pulled him close to me…) You remembered looking at his lips. (I wanted to kiss him…) Then you remembered what you said. 

Mino looked back up at you and looked alarmed,”Why are you looking at me like that?”

That’s what he wanted to talk about. To be honest you weren’t sure if you wanted to but you knew you needed to. Or else you wouldn’t be friends again.

“I remember last night now.”You admitted.

Mino starred for a second before he sighed and leaned back in his chair. 
You didn’t know how this was going to go. And it scared you.