Music Shows

Fiction: A Mino and You story

“How have you been?!”You asked as you pulled apart,”It’s been so long!”
“Yeah, i’ve been great!”Mino answered,”But, uh, it’s Mino now.”
“Oh yeah,”You remembered,”Sorry, I’m just used to Minho. How’s Dana?”
“She’s good.”Mino said,”Just helping mom out and working. I’m glad I ran into you! It’s been a long time. What are you doing here?”

That’s when you remembered where you were.

“Yeah,”You said,”Uh Mino, this is Junhyung. I’m his stylist.”
“Ah sunbae,”Mino greeted with a bow,”Sorry to interrupt.”
Junhyung shook his head and a hand, cooly,”No it’s fine. Don’t worry about it.”
“Look who’s trying to be a cool sunbae.”You teased.

Junhyung looked at you still smiling, but with daggers in his eyes. (Oops)

“Uh look,”You said turning to Mino, trying to find any excuse to look away,”I’ll text you and maybe we can grab some ddokboki like old times.”
“I changed my number.”Mino admitted as he handed you his phone,”Let me just get yours and I’ll text you.”
“Okay.”You shrugged and you entered your phone number.

You both said your goodbyes and he left while you headed back to the mirror to finish Junhyung’s make up.

“That was cute.”Junhyung said as you started on his eyebrows.
“What now?”You asked.
“You must have liked him at one point,”Junhyung pointed out,”You ran to him as soon as you saw him.”
“Can’t a girl and guy be friends? Is that hard?”You sighed.
Junhyung looked directly at you,”No. That’s why I said that, ahah. Be honest.”
You squinted at him after you finished his brows and lightly hit him in the nose with the brow pencil,”Why does it matter? Why? Do you want to date me?”
Clearly caught off guard, girls normally weren’t so upfront, he scoffed,”Forget it. I was just curious.”
You laughed and sighed as you put away the makeup.”He confessed to me when we were younger. But I turned him down.”
“Wow. I figured you’d be a heartbreaker.”Junhyung sighed,”The pretty ones always are.”

You starred at Junhyung for a second. Lately he’s been a bit flirtatious but Junhyung has always been full of aegyo and charm, even if it doesn’t seem like it at first. So you could never tell if he was playing with you or not. It’s not like he wasn’t unattractive or anything. But you reminded yourself that work and play were two different things.

“Ha, I’m not pretty. Not then either.”You admitted,”It’s just. At the time he wasn’t a trainee or anything, he wasn’t trying in school, didn’t care about his physical appearance, and just wrote lyrics all day. I didn’t want to be with someone with no aspirations. Back then he said he didn’t want to be an idol rapper because they weren’t real rappers.”
“Ah so this was before he was a trainee and had passion for something?”Junhyung clarified.
“Yes.”You confirmed,”I’ve always had high standards even at young age because of my father. He always told me to never settle.”
“I’ll keep that in mind.”Junhyung nodded.
You were about to say something when Sejin walked in,”Junhyung you’re up for dress rehearsal.”
“Hey can you order us some food while I’m out?”Junhyung asked as got up to follow Sejin.
“Sure.”You shrugged as you took out your phone.
“Thanks!”He said as he walked out.

You ordered the food and sat down on a couch in the waiting room when you realized it was Mino on the tv. He had already started his dress rehearsal, you were assuming Junhyung was getting set up and what not so he could get on as soon as Mino got off, and you couldn’t help but notice that Mino was definitely different. You had obviously seen him before on TV but since the last group you worked with never had a schedule class with WINNER, you never saw Mino. On top of that, you hadn’t talked to him in so long he just felt like any other idol on TV. But this time…he was definitely different. You didn’t know if it was because you finally talked to him today but seeing him on the stage, rapping with some much charisma, he felt different. He wasn’t that chubby boy you once knew. He finished his stage flawlessly and exited the stage. Watching him bow to the production staff and give his greetings made you realize, he wasn’t that little boy. He was an adult. He was a man. He disappeared from view and you saw Junhyung hop onto the stage. They started making adjustments and as you started to get pulled back to reality your phone went off. It was Mino.

Mino: Hey, wanna grab something to eat real quick before the final recording? We should catch up.

For some reason you felt nervous.

You: How about dinner instead?
Mino: Call. See you then! (See you then..)

[MINO POV]

Mino smiled to himself before he quickly texted Seungyoon.

Mino: Hey, yeah. I’m going to be back late to the dorms. I have plans.